2018-2019 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 for the brochure, lol. It's nice but I'm still waiting for that official acceptance letter/email and going to be pinching myself until it gets here

Hang tight. I was told that the brochure mailout is totally separate from the acceptance packet. They had to wait for the dean to sign off on it and I believe Dr. Daniel signs them too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hang tight. I was told that the brochure mailout is totally separate from the acceptance packet. They had to wait for the dean to sign off on it and I believe Dr. Daniel signs them too.
Yup, they need a handful of sign offs and apparently when many of us were accepted, the Dean was out of town so they were waiting for him to return. At least that's what I was told when I called on Thursday

Just got an official acceptance email with descriptions about OASIS. Anyone else able to login to OASIS and see what the financial aid is?(Post-4/30 acceptance)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, does anyone know what USF's commit to enroll (CTE) date is? Thanks!

Side note, I'm really excited to meet all you guys and start this journey :) it's such a relief to commit to a school and start preparing for everything

Reactions: 3 users
Withdraw from Select. Hopefully some of you will get it

Reactions: 2 users
JUST GOT THE CALL! Accepted to SELECT, so excited! I loved USF :)

Edit: Is there a Facebook group for accepted students?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
How long did it take for you guys to receive any financial info after setting up your USF email ?? Did everyone receive an email about it or was it just available in the OASIS ??

Congrats to everyone who got accepted, If you all have any questions about USF let me know. I am currently a 3rd year about to be 4th year in ~2 weeks, so I should be able to answer a good chunk of your questions. Also I'm CORE but know a lot on people in SELECT so I probably should be able to answer questions about both programs

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for you guys to receive any financial info after setting up your USF email ?? Did everyone receive an email about it or was it just available in the OASIS ??
I was told there's a process where the admissions office sends our name and UID# to financial aid. They then upload some documents into OASIS for us to fill out. If you log into OASIS and do not see your financial aid documents, contact admissions first. They may route you to financial aid to see what the hold up is. If you were accepted recently, there's a process so you may not have been fully processed yet. If you were admitted before May, then your documents should already be in there (from what I was told). Financial aid reaches out over the USF email with notifications but you should check OASIS to access the necessary forms.

I just got a notification email about mine this morning to my USF health account. For reference, I got accepted April 30 and set my email up last week. Hope this helps!

Looks like there's a gap in between receiving loans and receiving other forms of financial aid though

Anyone know any of the FB group admins? It’s been days and they haven’t accepted my join request

Anyone know any of the FB group admins? It’s been days and they haven’t accepted my join request

They took a few days to approve me and a couple other people as well, like 4 days or so? I'm guessing they don't check every day.

Just got accepted off the waitlist!!! I can't believe it! This was my number one choice!

Reactions: 15 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! Super excited as this was my top choice!! Female OOS interviewed first week of December

Reactions: 12 users
I don't see any orientation date for MS1 on the 2019-2020 academic calendar. Does anyone know if there is any commitment for MS1 that is earlier than 7/22 (for select) and 7/29 (for core), which are labeled as "first classes begin??

I don't see any orientation date for MS1 on the 2019-2020 academic calendar. Does anyone know if there is any commitment for MS1 that is earlier than 7/22 (for select) and 7/29 (for core), which are labeled as "first classes begin??

Nope! There's a lot of information on the welcome page when you log into Canvas and join the Class of 2023 Onboarding Course. I'm in Core so I can only speak to that, but basically there's a 2 week orientation program starting on 7/29 called Professions of Health

Just got an email from the USF admissions department, had a minor panic attack before opening it....and it was a notification about the freakin portal closing. I'm crying.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if there's been any waitlist movement since May?

1. What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career?

a. Please choose the single answer that best describes your career goals:
    Private Practice
    Academic Medicine
    Public Health
    Health Care Administration
    Health Policy
    Other

b. Describe the knowledge, skills, and attributes you have developed in preparation for the career path you have chosen in question 4a.
    (2000 Characters)

2. (Optional) The USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations program aims to support the educational development of medical students by providing opportunities for academic endeavors in areas of special interest. This program facilitates self-directed learning, enhances interactions between students and fosters relationships between students and faculty. Scholarly concentrations provide a forum where diversity of ideas and perspectives are valued. Each concentration includes elements of course work, practical application and scholarly presentation.
    Please review our Scholarly Concentrations website to determine which concentration would be of interest to you and answer the following question. (Scholarly Concentrations Program | USF Health)

a. How would the USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations Program help your personal career goals? (2000 characters)

3. The University of South Florida, College of Medicine strives to educate a very diverse set of students who bring a variety of strengths and interests to the field of medicine. The definition of diversity is broad and includes (but is not limited to) lifestyle, race/ethnicity, geography, socioeconomic status and distance traveled through life. The definition of strength is also broad and includes (but not limited to) humanism, scholarship, intellectual curiosity, research and leadership. How do you feel your particular experiences, interests, and passions will add to the strength and diversity of the USF class and ultimately to the field of medicine?
    (2000 characters)

4. Describe your ideas about how the medical profession can best respond to disparities in healthcare (2000 characters)
  5. If you have experienced academic difficulties, please explain the situation and how it was resolved. (Please explain all grades less than a "B" (including B-) or any "withdrawal" on your transcripts). (2000 characters)
There are also various questions about participating in SMPs or Post Baccs, crimes, and IAs that you have to answer if applicable. All 2000 characters

Interview Feedback: University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine

I''m applying for the 2020 cycle and in the middle of prewriting secondary essays. Are these character counts with or without spaces?

Can any current students comment on the research that medical students have become involved in? Is it mostly basic science or our students mostly doing clinical research? Thanks!

did anyone get in to select from in state? much more interested in core since in state tuition but i dont want to not seem interested in select so i am debating putting both

There’s maybe one or two in staters in SELECT for each class, and they’ve spent lots of time out of state. I wouldn’t bother applying to SELECT if I were you.

did anyone get in to select from in state? much more interested in core since in state tuition but i dont want to not seem interested in select so i am debating putting both
From what I have heard, you can select both which will allow the reviewers of your appl. to decide which one you may be better suited for. What I was told was that in-state residents seldom get invited to interview for SELECT b/c if accepted, the tuition is basically the same as out of state tuition.

Reactions: 1 users