2018-2019 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For the ppl that interviewed here already, did they tell you they would give you a decision within two weeks? Even before Oct. 15? Cuz they definitely said that to my group.

For the ppl that interviewed here already, did they tell you they would give you a decision within two weeks? Even before Oct. 15? Cuz they definitely said that to my group.
Prolly misspoke. How's Interview day here

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

They said to me that it would at the EARLIEST two weeks, since that is the soonest the adcom would be meeting, but likely right around there. So I’m guessing calls will be made this week, possibly on Tuesday afternoon/wednesday/thursday but yes, they also said they would be doing unofficial acceptances as they cannot extend the official acceptances due to aamc’s rules.
They also said this to my group, someone asked a question to clarify and it seems like this is the case

Unlimited apps any new II?

I got a surprisingly quick one like a week ago. Nothing since then. Hoping for some love later in September though, considering I was complete mostly in mid-August. How about you?

Reactions: 1 user
I got a surprisingly quick one like a week ago. Nothing since then. Hoping for some love later in September though, considering I was complete mostly in mid-August. How about you?
Patiently waiting for that new wave to come in. My mcat is decent but not 515 lol

Patiently waiting for that new wave to come in. My mcat is decent but not 515 lol

I am sure you got one coming soon bro. Lol its starting to seem like even a 515 isn't considered "high" by schools like USF Morsani anymore.

Props on the profile pic btw.

I am sure you got one coming soon bro. Lol its starting to seem like even a 515 isn't considered "high" by schools like USF Morsani anymore.

Right but USF moving downtown doesn't help. Everyone loves that "city vibe"

Members don't see this ad :)

Lol. At this rate, In the coming years, anyone with anything less than a 520 will be seen as average unless they overcame cancer, grew up with nothing, or cured AIDS

Lol. At this rate, In the coming years, anyone with anything less than a 520 will be seen as average unless they overcame cancer, grew up with nothing, or cured AIDS
Isn't it crazy? Like I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable telling someone who's starting undergrad rn to go for MD

Isn't it crazy? Like I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable telling someone who's starting undergrad rn to go for MD

Like seriously, its getting insane. I look at all of the stats of the schools I am applying to and wonder what the "true" stats are for this application cycle considering MCAT averages at many schools rise every year.

And with the cap on residencies, the number of new med school seats will be limited and the competition will get worse and worse (and most of them are mission-driven seats like primary care, rural focus, etc anyways).

516 here, in-state, and no word yet. GPA is in-line with past admissions too.

Like seriously, its getting insane. I look at all of the stats of the schools I am applying to and wonder what the "true" stats are for this application cycle considering MCAT averages at many schools rise every year.

And with the cap on residencies, the number of new med school seats will be limited and the competition will get worse and worse (and most of them are mission-driven seats like primary care, rural focus, etc anyways).

Ya it’s gotten super competitive. The other thing is it seems like it’s getting harder for the average joe to get in if they don’t have exceptional ECs, aren’t poor, or don’t have a life story that shows them overcoming numerous struggles

Ya it’s gotten super competitive. The other thing is it seems like it’s getting harder for the average joe to get in if they don’t have exceptional ECs, aren’t poor, or don’t have a life story that shows them overcoming numerous struggles

Or are ORM

They said to me that it would at the EARLIEST two weeks, since that is the soonest the adcom would be meeting, but likely right around there. So I’m guessing calls will be made this week, possibly on Tuesday afternoon/wednesday/thursday but yes, they also said they would be doing unofficial acceptances as they cannot extend the official acceptances due to aamc’s rules.

Edit: based on your username, I think you were in my interview day group too lol
lol probably! i was just making sure i didn't mishear because everybody has been telling me there's no way and they definitely wouldn't say anything until Oct 15. The anticipation has intensified then haha

That's impressive. Does USF yield protect? It'd be done for them to you're down an alumnus if there own for that. It's still pretty early in the cycle though. Hopefully, you hear back soon.
523, 3.91, In-State Applicant, USF undegrad, URM, 1st Gen to get HS Diploma & go to college, Complete 7/18, + all the EC's.

0 love from USF lol.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

That's impressive. Does USF yield protect? It'd be done for them to you're down an alumnus if there own for that. It's still pretty early in the cycle though. Hopefully, you hear back soon.

Lmao USF yield protecting is like A top 10 school rejecting a Nobel prize laureate for not having any good ECs

You’ll all be fine!

Lol Right! This person's a rockstar, they'd be dumb to pass him/her up or lose him/her to somewhere else especially as an alum. Have faith fam!
Lmao USF yield protecting is like A top 10 school rejecting a Nobel prize laureate for not having any good ECs

You’ll all be fine!

Have any EDP people gotten the call yet? Nervous for everyone lol

I don't think anyone, EDP or otherwise, has gotten any calls yet, but I suspect there will be calls tomorrow or perhaps as late as Friday. I think their timeline is a little fresh this year, as I think this is the first time they've interviewed people in August. Like, I think they would usually be beginning their interviews right now, so they've sort of moved everything up by a couple weeks.
I've seen several people say that they will call within two weeks, this would be a violation of the AAMC traffic rule though. One school I interviewed at said no school can offer non-EDP acceptances before Oct. 15th.

The school stated that these would not be official acceptances (unless EDP) and that no official, written communication would be released until after Oct 15. Also, not to be a member of Capt. Jack’s crew, but those rules are actually “guidelines” in which AAMC states that schools are allowed to deviate from them at their own judgment.
If this call thing is true that would be truly wonderful! My only question is does this differ between Core and SELECT? It seems that these two programs have two different admissions committees and they might not have the same policies....

The school stated that these would not be official acceptances (unless EDP) and that no official, written communication would be released until after Oct 15. Also, not to be a member of Capt. Jack’s crew, but those rules are actually “guidelines” in which AAMC states that schools are allowed to deviate from them at their own judgment.

If this call thing is true that would be truly wonderful! My only question is does this differ between Core and SELECT? It seems that these two programs have two different admissions committees and they might not have the same policies....

Yeah I was wondering this too, because during my SELECT interview I was told we wouldn’t know until October.

Anyone think it would be a bad idea for me to contact USF admissions and let them know that I would also like to be considered for the SELECT program after further review? My app was complete mid-August. I indicated CORE only on my application but now that I think about it, it seems like a better idea for an OOS applicant to maximize his chances and consider both.

Anyone think it would be a bad idea for me to contact USF admissions and let them know that I would also like to be considered for the SELECT program after further review? My app was complete mid-August. I indicated CORE only on my application but now that I think about it, it seems like a better idea for an OOS applicant to maximize his chances and consider both.
Didn’t the secondary say no changes will be made to your app when you submitted?

Might as well shoot your shot! Maybe you can tempt them with your apps lol

RE: traffic day.

As a pre traffic day interviewee last year, they made me wait the whole time.

Anyone else have a committee tab on their portal that lets them add meetings to a calender? Are we supposed to schedule our own committee meeting to review our app lol

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else have a committee tab on their portal that lets them add meetings to a calender? Are we supposed to schedule our own committee meeting to review our app lol
I just logged on and saw this too, I have no idea what this tab means!!!

It means we've been added to the admissions committee so we can now accept ourselves!

Reactions: 5 users
Lol looks like someone pressed a button they weren't supposed to press. Looks like they meet on Tuesdays haha

Reactions: 1 users
Yes. But I emailed admissions bc I’m 99.999% positive that we should not have access. Saw somethings that I don’t think I was supposed to :smack:
Like what? All I see is the option to add events and fret squares