2018-2019 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I was wondering this too, because during my SELECT interview I was told we wouldn’t know until October.
Huh, at my select interview they said they would give admitted applicants a courtesy call 2-3 weeks from the interview date as an unofficial acceptance

Members don't see this ad.

II Today!!

523, 3.91.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I could pretty well take a guess on what it likely meant, but definitely should not have been available for any non-adcom member to see.

What’s your guess? I had it too. I wonder if everyone did.

I just posted about my II this morning, but realized I didn't include any stats! IS, LizzyM 74, II was for the Core program. Complete 7/6.

For those who have already interviewed in Allentown- when did you receive the e-mail about the welcome dinner? Got an e-mail to expect one "later this week" but now its almost 5pm on Friday and the dinner is supposed to be on Sunday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this school is open to in the area requests?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile

Just got a voicemail from Dr. Daniels. :nailbiting:
Damn I wish you didn't post this lol. I hate how they were like "Yeah, we can't officially send acceptances until traffic day, but sometimes we'll call you with an unofficial acceptance, but not always..." so great now we'll be sitting in a neurotic wildfire while we wait in silence for another 6 weeks. Also, there was a 50/50 split at my interview day regarding how people were informed of their interview invite. I got an email, others got a call.

Damn I wish you didn't post this lol. I hate how they were like "Yeah, we can't officially send acceptances until traffic day, but sometimes we'll call you with an unofficial acceptance, but not always..." so great now we'll be sitting in a neurotic wildfire while we wait in silence for another 6 weeks. Also, there was a 50/50 split at my interview day regarding how people were informed of their interview invite. I got an email, others got a call.
How was interview day

How was interview day
Interview day was great. Felt really good about the actual interview part, and my interviewer made me feel really relaxed and was very engaging with my anecdotes. I was also really impressed with how independently consistent all the representatives of the school were in their genuine enthusiasm and pride in the program. Came in to the day very excited about the (SELECT) program, and left even more so.

Interview day was great. Felt really good about the actual interview part, and my interviewer made me feel really relaxed and was very engaging with my anecdotes. I was also really impressed with how independently consistent all the representatives of the school were in their genuine enthusiasm and pride in the program. Came in to the day very excited about the (SELECT) program, and left even more so.
Man I'm praying USF send that II my way

I interviewed already, but waiting for a decision now lol (yikes)

Can’t think of any reason why you would get a call for a post interview WL or rejection, so I’d guess it’s a pretty good sign

I called him 5 times lol he probably thinks I'm Insane... but I got in!!! EDP, 515

Reactions: 6 users
Yes to both.

Congrats! Though for future reference, maybe just lne call with a voicemail and a call before the end of business day is a good rule of thumb. Business professional and all!
Congrats

So I missed a call from Dr. Daniel earlier this week, could that have been for an II? He didn't answer when I called back and he hasnt called again. anyone else get a call instead of an email?

Reactions: 1 user
So I missed a call from Dr. Daniel earlier this week, could that have been for an II? He didn't answer when I called back and he hasnt called again. anyone else get a call instead of an email?
Some people in my interview day were called! So I bet that’s it

Some people in my interview day were called! So I bet that’s it

That's awesome! Can I ask if you interviewed at Allentown or Tampa? (I was in Allentown and was told we'd have to wait ~6 weeks to hear back)

That's awesome! Can I ask if you interviewed at Allentown or Tampa? (I was in Allentown and was told we'd have to wait ~6 weeks to hear back)
I interviewed in Tampa, but what I meant was that some people in my interview group got calls saying that they were invited to interview

I called him 5 times lol he probably thinks I'm Insane... but I got in!!! EDP, 515
Did he ever call you back or did he answer on of your calls?? He still hasn’t called me back since Monday...

Did he ever call you back or did he answer on of your calls?? He still hasn’t called me back since Monday...

He answered the last call. I think his phone was off for the other ones though b/c it went straight to his voicemail. I'd call again, and if he doesn't answer maybe email?

Does Dr. Daniel call from an Allentown number (484) or a Tampa number (813) in terms of area code? I get a lot of spam calls from Allentown and I just wanted to know if I have to answer them all now lol.

Is there a status change in the portal when your app has been reviewed?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Are they giving out interviews/acceptances for ED only? Anyone get an interview/acceptance for regular admission?

Are they giving out interviews/acceptances for ED only? Anyone get an interview/acceptance for regular admission?
They are doing interviews for regular decision. I do not think they are "allowed" to regularly accept anyone until October 15.

I was interviewed RD. Apparently they give "acceptance" calls about two weeks after your interview, but I was told 6-8 weeks by the admissions people at my interview day. I really don't know at this point lol.

I was interviewed RD. Apparently they give "acceptance" calls about two weeks after your interview, but I was told 6-8 weeks by the admissions people at my interview day. I really don't know at this point lol.
Prolly a mistake. At one of my interviews they forgot about the Oct 15 date. What's stats btw