2018-2019 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else who interviewed on 12/5 not heard anything yet? The dean said she would call for acceptances but I am not sure if she said anything about emailing about the waitlist. I haven't heard anything thus far. Thanks!
I interviewed on 12/5 too and I remember her saying that we would get contacted on the 11th if the committee reached a unanimous decision. So it sounds like it's entirely plausible to not hear back for some time. But you will get an email if you are waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else already set on coming here? Already got my Keck med t-shirt from the bookstore last week! Excited to meet y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get the email to join the Facebook page without a link? Can't find it on Facebook either

Anyone else get the email to join the Facebook page without a link? Can't find it on Facebook either
Haha yeah. Email was sent out saying we were invited but no hyperlink was attached to the email. I think we might just need to sit tight and wait for a second email.

The link was in a separate email in my social folder, but when I clicked it it says the page is unavailable... anyone else?

Edit: works now

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am now 100% sure they lost my app. Complete early June and still haven't heard back :p

Reactions: 6 users
I received a separate email with a hyperlink to the Facebook page, but the link gave me an error when I clicked on it.
I received an email in my regular inbox, not containing a link. I have yet to receive any other email, even in my social folder.

Edit: just got the link through my social folder, but it does not work atm. It will probably just take a sec to figure it out

Is the link still not working? I can't even find the group if I search for it on Facebook.

@ilikecheeseandeggs I'll add the link to this comment when I can but it doesn't work anyway (at least for me)!

@futuredoctor77 is correct. I did the same thing yesterday and I was able to join! Btw congrats on all my fellow accepted students on this accomplishment. Glad to see some of my interview mates made it.

II just now! Kinda shocked bc I thought they were done... They still have dates in Jan open!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So they are still giving out interviews?

Been complete since Mid-July and still haven’t heard a peep from USC lol

Reactions: 2 users
Is the merit scholarship offered with the acceptance call?

Reactions: 3 users
Guys, do we take anything to the interview? Like a portfolio with a resume/app or something? It doesnt mention anything in resources section but I keep reading I should take one for a med school interview.

Guys, do we take anything to the interview? Like a portfolio with a resume/app or something? It doesnt mention anything in resources section but I keep reading I should take one for a med school interview.

No. I dont think you need it. No one brought one when I interviewed.

nope you don't need anything! wear comfy shoes. the tour is long

If we interviewed in early December, we're supposed to hear back today or tomorrow depending on the decision, right?

Yes i think so. What do you mean by today or tomorrow depending on the decision? Do we hear back tomorrow if we dont get accepted?

I think Dean Arias said we would get a call today if we were accepted and an email later in the week if we were waitlisted (or rejected). Not totally certain though!

Is the merit scholarship offered with the acceptance call?

So I wondered the same thing which led to me investigating last years SDN thread. During my search, I found one user who was accepted on Oct. 16 and then later received a call from Dr. Arias about a full scholarship on Jan 10th. So... no... but n=1

Oct. 16, 2017:
Accepted!!!!! Interviewed first week of Sept.
Jan. 10, 2018:
Holy ****, just got offered full tuition scholarship via phone from Dean Arias.

Slightly embarassed that I investigated that deep, I need to chill...

Reactions: 3 users
I have an interview with them. Just to confirm, it’s just a faculty and a student interview right? That’s what they say on the website and I just wanna make sure there is no MMI.

I have an interview with them. Just to confirm, it’s just a faculty and a student interview right? That’s what they say on the website and I just wanna make sure there is no MMI.

Yup. There is no MMI and both interviews are very conversational

So I wondered the same thing which led to me investigating last years SDN thread. During my search, I found one user who was accepted on Oct. 16 and then later received a call from Dr. Arias about a full scholarship on Jan 10th. So... no... but n=1

Oct. 16, 2017:

Jan. 10, 2018:

Slightly embarassed that I investigated that deep, I need to chill...

I met two other students at Keck's second look who got full tuition scholarships as well- One received the offer when they were admitted and the other got her offer a couple months after she got in.

Gl peeps. (I miss LA's warm embrace)

So did anyone that interviewed early december get accepted today?

I didn't hear back either. Maybe they pushed back the date? I was really hopeful for this one!

I think Dean Arias said they had the meeting on Mondays and calls for acceptances would go out on Tuesdays. That's what she told us on interview day at least.

Accepted!! Just got the call this afternoon, interviewed in early December

Accepted this afternoon! Interviewed 12/12 and OOS. Was so surprised to get this call!

I also received the background check email this morning.

Add our AMCAS email to our facebook account? Mine is already set up with the same email I gave to AMCAS and it still isn't working... Also, congrats to all accepted students!

Got a call from Dr. Arias offering me a full-tuition scholarship!

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to everyone that was accepted! Does anyone know if they accept pre-II updates?

Current Keck MS1 here. If anybody has any questions lmk! I'm happy to help. :)

Current Keck MS1 here. If anybody has any questions lmk! I'm happy to help. :)
Exactly how/ when do most students go about finding housing/ roommates?

Also what are some good qualities about Keck that you think we should know?

Thanks for the help!!!

Exactly how/ when do most students go about finding housing/ roommates?

Also what are some good qualities about Keck that you think we should know?

Thanks for the help!!!
I decided from the get-go that I was going to find my own housing off campus. Re: roommates, I know a lot of people put out requests for housing etc. on the FB group, or if they decided to live in Currie, I believe they have a roommate survey for you.

One thing I think Keck is really excelling at rn is mental health support and wellness, which is not to be undervalued in medical school.