2018-2019 University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I received an 'under review' email back in July, but I haven't heard a word since

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I recieved an 'under review' email back in July, but I haven't heard a word since

I am still waiting on one, but I'm OOS so pretty low chances I guess :shrug:

Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I recieved an 'under review' email back in July, but I haven't heard a word since
I am waiting as well. Wondering when the next batch of secondaries are going out

Members don't see this ad :)
If they reject us pre-secondary, we will receive a rejection email right? Or should I expect zero correspondence ever again if rejected :laugh:

'*subject to change without notice.' Looks like last years first interviews were around Oct. 9th with first email invites going out around Oct. 2nd.

Y'all worry too much. Yes they may send out secondaries and start interviewing relatively late but they also offer acceptances and rank the wait list at the absolute last second so just chill ok it will be like this the whole time.

I be chill..read previous years posts. So I know UT starts their process later than most schools.

Hey guys for those of us that haven't received the secondary yet, would you be able to post the prompts so that we can pre-write them? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys for those of us that haven't received the secondary yet, would you be able to post the prompts so that we can pre-write them? Thanks in advance!

No prompts friend! Just info like phone number and address

I know I am getting paranoid but dang, when is UT going to send a second round of secondaries. Seems like this year is taking significantly longer

Reactions: 1 users
I know I am getting paranoid but dang, when is UT going to send a second round of secondaries. Seems like this year is taking significantly longer

I have not received a secondary from uthsc neither and emailed Mr. Strother. He said the committee reviews applicants file before sending out secondary.
Does anyone already receive a rejection letter?

Just from looking at the class profile from past years, it plays out roughly like this:
2000 applications
500 interviews
300 accepted

So basically if you interview you have a 60% chance! not terrible numbers

have any current students heard when the first day of interviews is? I know they posted the chart of dates but it says subject to change without notice

just received an II from here!
congrats! Are you IS or OOS? And can you please share stats, complete date, and earliest interview availability? Sorry in advance for all the questions lol

congrats! Are you IS or OOS? And can you please share stats, complete date, and earliest interview availability? Sorry in advance for all the questions lol
no worries! I'm IS, LizzyM~75, complete 8/26 ... they had already scheduled two interview dates for me, October 3rd at a regional location and October 8th in Memphis

no worries! I'm IS, LizzyM~75, complete 8/26 ... they had already scheduled two interview dates for me, October 3rd at a regional location and October 8th in Memphis
Sorry if I missed it, but what is the regional campus interview for? I thought UT only has one interview at the Memphis campus for MD applicants. Thanks!

Sorry if I missed it, but what is the regional campus interview for? I thought UT only has one interview at the Memphis campus for MD applicants. Thanks!

The regional campus interview is also, I think, for MD applicants. It seems like if you're from a specific region of TN, they'll pair you with a faculty member who is also in that region.

Has anyone received a secondary since August 27th or was that the only day they released secondaries thus far? Applied a little later so wondering when the next batch is due.

Secondary recieved and submitted today. IS

Check your spam folders! Close friend of mine almost missed his II because it was filtered out as spam. He saw it today, was sent one week ago and his II is Monday.

II just now (2100 on 10/1). Secondary submitted 8/27 with confirmation of receipt 8/28. IS with stats in sig. They send you your interview date and give you the option to reschedule once if needed. Mine is 10/9. Two interviews, one before lunch, one after.

any OOS receive IIs? Submitted my secondary 8/26 and wondering how likely an interview is for me at all as an OOS (with ties)

How much notice does UTHSC give for interviews? My secondary was complete 8/30

How much notice does UTHSC give for interviews? My secondary was complete 8/30
1-2 weeks. I had 8 days notice to be exact. They give you the opportunity to reschedule if needed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything... My secondary was received on 8/29. Haven't heard back since. Anyone else submit secondary over a month ago and still waiting to hear about an interview?

Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything... My secondary was received on 8/29. Haven't heard back since. Anyone else submit secondary over a month ago and still waiting to hear about an interview?

Yep. Still waiting and submitted on 8/27 (received 8/28).

For anyone that has already interviewed, what time did the interview day end?

For anyone that has already interviewed, what time did the interview day end?
If you have two morning interviews, 1:30 roughly. I had an afternoon interview and didnt leave til about 3. They will tell you in your II email who you are interviewing with and when.

Hey guys I am new here, MCAT 506, GPA 4.0, 4 publication, over 1000 hours of research expe, instate, non-trad, 4 poster prese in conf, best overall poster award, lots of EC, Immigrant (but now a citizen), Primary submitted 10-3, no reply yet,
What's my chances at UT Memphis medical school

Hey guys I am new here, MCAT 506, GPA 4.0, 4 publication, over 1000 hours of research expe, instate, non-trad, 4 poster prese in conf, best overall poster award, lots of EC, Immigrant (but now a citizen), Primary submitted 10-3, no reply yet,
What's my chances at UT Memphis medical school

Looks like you have great ECs and solid stats overall. Obviously your MCAT is kinda low and you waited until October to submit which could affect your chances.
That being said, roughly 25% of students accepted into UT had a score lower than yours though, and since UT is pretty slow I don't think an October application is at a serious disadvantage.

I suggest taking up a healthy hobby to distract yourself while you wait. For instance I have recently taken up binge drinking

Reactions: 3 users
II just now!!! LM 70-71, OOS, complete 8/28 freaking out so excited!!

Reactions: 2 users
II just now, first II of the cycle, scheduled for next week!

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning! :)

If you have two morning interviews, 1:30 roughly. I had an afternoon interview and didnt leave til about 3. They will tell you in your II email who you are interviewing with and when.

Any tough questions or ethical type questions?