2018-2019 University of Texas Long School of Medicine at San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I checked last year’s thread and Long had II batches on 11/12, 11/19, and the last one was 12/12. Their last interview date was 12/19. So, we still have time!
Awesome! Thank you for checking.

Members don't see this ad.

For those still waiting for an interview, this is from an email by Dr. Kellaway (associate dean of admissions and outreach):

" When (...) November 15th come(s) around we still have hundreds of people yet to interview. We would not want anyone coming to our school for Interview Day to think that they are just interviewing for a wait list spot."

Last edited:
For those still waiting for an interview, this is from an email by Dr. Kellaway (associate dean of admissions and outreach):

" When (...) November 15th come(s) around we still have hundreds of people yet to interview. We would not want anyone coming to our school for Interview Day to think that they are just interviewing for a wait list spot."
When did you get this email?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone waiting for a prematches here? I know Long sent out at midnight last year

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone waiting for a prematches here? I know Long sent out at midnight last year
Me! Although I'm trying to temper my expectations because they're a match heavy school

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted prematch a few minutes ago!

Reactions: 2 users
Prematched 12:30AM IS!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

If I had to push my interview back to mid December, is it safe to say that’s too late for a prematch?

If I had to push my interview back to mid December, is it safe to say that’s too late for a prematch?
It seems the school overall isn't very prematch heavy at all and it looks like they only had one wave of prematch offers go out last cycle. So in that case, it seems likely that the next time people hear from Long will be during match day. Although that's just judging by what was posted on last cycle's thread, things could be different this year.

It seems the school overall isn't very prematch heavy at all and it looks like they only had one wave of prematch offers go out last cycle. So in that case, it seems likely that the next time people hear from Long will be during match day. Although that's just judging by what was posted on last cycle's thread, things could be different this year.

That's what I figured. I was debating canceling my interview with Long but then I thought scholarships/financial aid could be different. But if I wouldn't hear until match anyway, looks like there's no point attending the interview and I'll take my prematch at another school. Thanks!

That's what I figured. I was debating canceling my interview with Long but then I thought scholarships/financial aid could be different. But if I wouldn't hear until match anyway, looks like there's no point attending the interview and I'll take my prematch at another school. Thanks!
Again, take what I said with a grain of salt. I'm by no means an authority on this haha.

Puzzled about your strategy, why would you cancel an interview if you think you might have to wait until match day to find out? That's much earlier than many AMCAS applicants find out their offers.

Any OOS prematch?
Dr. K sent an email saying they'd send some OOS decisions today also. Does this mean we'll also find out in Feb 1st? Long doesn't do rolling admissions for OOS does it?

Puzzled about your strategy, why would you cancel an interview if you think you might have to wait until match day to find out? That's much earlier than many AMCAS applicants find out their offers.

Sorry, yeah I was a bit confusing there! I received a prematch offer at a Texas school that I would only turn down for Long if the financial aid was better at Long. However, since I likely wouldn't get a prematch offer at Long because I'm not scheduled to interview until December, I wouldn't be able to compare financial aid offers between the two schools. Thus, I'd rather go with the other school and decline the interview at Long.

Dr. K sent an email saying they'd send some OOS decisions today also. Does this mean we'll also find out in Feb 1st? Long doesn't do rolling admissions for OOS does it?
That’s what I’ve gathered from her emails, so it looks like February 1st for us lol

Sorry, yeah I was a bit confusing there! I received a prematch offer at a Texas school that I would only turn down for Long if the financial aid was better at Long. However, since I likely wouldn't get a prematch offer at Long because I'm not scheduled to interview until December, I wouldn't be able to compare financial aid offers between the two schools. Thus, I'd rather go with the other school and decline the interview at Long.
I understand your thoughts, but from what I've seen financial aid offers come out long after match day so usually you won't be able to factor that in to your decision. Go with your feelings about best fit for you, and luckily most Texas med schools are equivalent in price.

Reactions: 1 users
I understand your thoughts, but from what I've seen financial aid offers come out long after match day so usually you won't be able to factor that in to your decision. Go with your feelings about best fit for you, and luckily most Texas med schools are equivalent in price.

ok thats good to know! So i'll be declining my interview here. It's almost a month away so I'm sure someone else will be able to take my spot!

Just got the acceptance email about 5 minutes ago! SO stoked.

Accepted to Long! OOS interviewed August

Congrats to everyone accepted!
Do y’all think Long will send more IS prematches? Or is this likely it until match?

For people who already interviewed here, what was your experience like? Was it just conversational/questions about your app?

For people who already interviewed here, what was your experience like? Was it just conversational/questions about your app?

This was one of the more structured interviews imo kind of generic interview questions less conversational. Both of mine were closed file. I thought it was rough but I think I was being a harsh critic.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This was one of the more structured interviews imo kind of generic interview questions less conversational. Both of mine were closed file. I thought it was rough but I think I was being a harsh critic.

So by generic questions but less conversational do you mean like "why this school", "why medicine", etc etc? Or was it more like ethics/case questions?

So by generic questions but less conversational do you mean like "why this school", "why medicine", etc etc? Or was it more like ethics/case questions?

Yeah why medicine ? What does research mean to you ? What did you learn from an experience ? may be one ethics question but nothing more than the usual.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone who interviewed on 10/26 or later get a prematch?

Is there a Facebook page for accepted students?

hi any chance I might receive an II before the end of the cycle? submitted primary and secondary in june and early aug with lizzy of 67

hi any chance I might receive an II before the end of the cycle? submitted primary and secondary in june and early aug with lizzy of 67
apparently, the last interview date is 12/14. They are sending out invites on a weekly basis. When I asked, it just seemed like any interview invites going out now are just to fill up any of the interview slots that have been turned down. Sooo...

apparently, the last interview date is 12/14. They are sending out invites on a weekly basis. When I asked, it just seemed like any interview invites going out now are just to fill up any of the interview slots that have been turned down. Sooo...

Are the really sending them out still on a weekly basis? I’m sure it’s very few but no SDN reports of it