2018-2019 University of Texas Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get another email exactly like the midnight prematch email just now?
Yep. I about died when my phone went off

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone pre-match with an MCAT below 505, just curious because this was the threshold set for this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean threshold for this year? @farmmd

One previous admissions comittee member of utmb told me the dean set 505 as lowest MCAT acceptable for admission this year. Its not a threshold publicly known but I just wanted to see if it was holding true.

One previous admissions comittee member of utmb told me the dean set 505 as lowest MCAT acceptable for admission this year. Its not a threshold publicly known but I just wanted to see if it was holding true.
Someone I know got a 503 and an interview here this cycle

Reactions: 1 users
I have less than a 505 and still received an interview there also. Just wanted to see how true they are holding up that threshold.

I have less than a 505 and still received an interview there also. Just wanted to see how true they are holding up that threshold.
My friend with a 501 this cycle interviewed in August.

I would love to be a fly on the wall to these medical schools admissions processes.... i know someone with lower GPA, lower MCAT, no ECs, no research received an II here but somehow i didnt... it is a mystery!! lol

Reactions: 3 users
I would love to be a fly on the wall to these medical schools admissions processes.... i know someone with lower GPA, lower MCAT, no ECs, no research received an II here but somehow i didnt... it is a mystery!! lol
and my buddy is an ORM

I prematched here yesterday and I was wondering if anyone had any idea when we would get a follow up email. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a mistake

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone recieved an MD/PhD II for the December 7th date?

Has anyone recieved an MD/PhD II for the December 7th date?
I'm scheduled for 12/7. II 10/16. They offered 11/9 as a possible date, but I wasn't able to go because I already had another interview scheduled for that for 11/9.

Is it too late to receive an II here? App transmitted late July with LizzyM 69 (3.9, 507) w pretty great ECs and rec letters but haven't heard from them yet :(

Reactions: 2 users
Is it too late to receive an II here? App transmitted late July with LizzyM 69 (3.9, 507) w pretty great ECs and rec letters but haven't heard from them yet :(

Me too. Mid July and we are in the same boat.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone receive that follow-up email yet? Also just want to make sure it wasnt a mistake lol

Does anyone know how we accept the offer?

I have been wondering the same so I contacted the school. We should be receiving an email in a few days with a temporary login. We will then use that login to accept or decline the offer. Hope this helps.

I too prematched last Thursday around 8:30AM; got an email in the mail with a 2 slide ppt presentation.

Hopefully we'll receive an email in the next few days, as I still haven't received a letter in the mail. Was wondering if anyone else has received their letters in the mail yet?

Last edited:
I too prematched last Thursday around 8:30AM; got an email in the mail with a 2 slide ppt presentation.

Hopefully we'll receive an email in the next few days, as I still haven't received a letter in the mail. Was wondering if anyone else has received their letters in the mail yet?
no not yet. hopefully today. I feel like the prematch was on accident lol need it in writing!

I emailed them before I found out that they'll send us a link to confirm. Didn't get a reply, but UTMB is at the top of my list currently amongst all TX schools.

I take it no one has received anything in the mail either, right? Wonder how much longer it will be before the portal is sent to us.

Yeah still nothing in the mail here. I emailed them earlier today, and they stated that they just recently mailed the acceptance letters and that they should be arriving soon. Apparently there will be instructions in our letters on how to accept the offers as well.

They also said that they'd be sending out another email soon with additional instructions; as others here have mentioned.

On a side note, check your TMDSAS Pre-Match Offer Withdrawal portals, UTMB has showed up there for me.

Just got an email with a link to the portal. Although it only gives an ID and says that the password will be sent in a follow-up email. Seems kind of odd... but ok.

Got the second email just now. We aren't required to use the VPN right?

Got the second email just now. We aren't required to use the VPN right?
I believe it says medical student applicants are not required to use a VPN.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but accepting the offer isn't binding right?

Based off of past years, when would utmb send out the second wave of prematches?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but accepting the offer isn't binding right?
I also want to know this. I accepted the offer and I'm a bit stressed at the language used. Anyone know?

Reactions: 2 users
I believe according to TMDSAS all pre-match offers of acceptance are non-binding; as in you can accept as many as you want. I think it just comes down to the ranking of your schools whenever January and match day comes around. I think it's encouraged you don't accept pre-match offers to schools you know you won't attend though.

As far as this portal they sent us; I'm assuming they'll send out the additional/supplemental information and our updated login credentials within the next few days after accepting the offer?

I also want to know this. I accepted the offer and I'm a bit stressed at the language used. Anyone know?
Accepting prematch offers is not binding and you may accept more than one.
If a school is not one you want to attend (say you have several pre-matches you prefer), you can politely turn one down. This lets the school know that spot is available again.

You DO need to be sure when you do your match list ranking that the order is the way you want it, because after match day there’s no “take-backs” or “do-overs”.

Yo is this 505 thing true? Do you have credible or strong proof that statement is actually valid? Anyone else have any idea?I’m II’ing here and have a 504 literally lol (3.9+ GPA tho).

Has anyone who has accepted their prematch offer received a new login for the portal yet?

Yo is this 505 thing true? Do you have credible or strong proof that statement is actually valid? Anyone else have any idea?I’m II’ing here and have a 504 literally lol (3.9+ GPA tho).

Thats what I was told by a very credible staff member at UTMB. However, people without the 505 have been interviewed, so I am not sure if they are actually addmitting students below 505.

Has anyone who has accepted their prematch offer received a new login for the portal yet?

I haven't yet. I'm presuming they'll send those out over the next few days, but not sure.

Yeah still nothing in the mail here. I emailed them earlier today, and they stated that they just recently mailed the acceptance letters and that they should be arriving soon. Apparently there will be instructions in our letters on how to accept the offers as well.

They also said that they'd be sending out another email soon with additional instructions; as others here have mentioned.

On a side note, check your TMDSAS Pre-Match Offer Withdrawal portals, UTMB has showed up there for me.
Who did you email because they never replied to mine lol.. kind of disheartening to get ghosted

Thats what I was told by a very credible staff member at UTMB. However, people without the 505 have been interviewed, so I am not sure if they are actually addmitting students below 505.

Is this for PreMatch or just for being matched or accepted in general? If so, that really blows dude?

Also does anyone have the MSAR day for here? Like what does the lower 10% accepted say for UTMB?