2018-2019 University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted at 5:21pm today
IS with strong ties to the valley
Interviewed on aug 24th

Members don't see this ad :)
I would assume if you did not receive a waitlist email that you are potentially on their pre-match list for the next round of acceptances? Thoughts?
Based off of last year's thread, those who've not heard back may be in pre-match / waitlist limbo. During my Nov. 9th interview we were told that our group would qualify for the pre-match.

Did anyone else get an email from Betty today that said “just a reminder—you are now able to submit your ranking through the TMDSAS portal”?
I interviewed a long time ago so I was able to do this months ago.

Reactions: 1 user
I ranked a few days after my interview. I received the same email which prompted me to triple check my ranking. I’m from the RGV and they’re my number one and only! Keeping my fingers crossed until match day.

Prematched yesterday! Interviewed 12/1 :)

Reactions: 3 users
Prematched yesterday! Interviewed 12/1 :)

Congratulations!

Still awaiting a message with an updated status (Interviewed in October). Hopefully it'll come soon, but I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes, haha

Called earlier today about the WL. Was told it was a WL for a prematch. Still confused lmao.

I interviewed here today and Betty told us that the next admissions committee meeting is on the 20th and that we’d know our decision either on the 20th or the 21st so I’m guessing that’s the last date for prematches!

Reactions: 1 users
Does your rank list on TMDSAS need to be submitted before they can offer you a pre-match acceptance? I'm just curious about if that affects anything during the pre-match period.

Does your rank list on TMDSAS need to be submitted before they can offer you a pre-match acceptance? I'm just curious about if that affects anything during the pre-match period.
Good question - but no, it does not. The individual schools cannot see your TMDSAS rank list. Your rank list does not become official until you hit the submit button. Just be sure to put things in your order of preference on your TMDSAS account and officially submit it before 5 PM Central Time Zone on Friday January 18th.

Thanks! I have one other question too. I interviewed last Saturday and this was my first interview with a Texas school. I just received the option to rank this school either last night or early this morning. I read that if your list doesn't include a school yet, it means that they haven't updated you as being someone who has interviewed already. My question is, since there have already been people who pre-matched from last Saturdays interview but I just got updated does that mean that I haven't been passed over for a pre-match offer yet?
Are you a Texas resident?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I have one other question too. I interviewed last Saturday and this was my first interview with a Texas school. I just received the option to rank this school either last night or early this morning. I read that if your list doesn't include a school yet, it means that they haven't updated you as being someone who has interviewed already. My question is, since there have already been people who pre-matched from last Saturdays interview but I just got updated does that mean that I haven't been passed over for a pre-match offer yet?
In the end it doesn't matter whether you get an offer in match or pre-match period. Just rank all your TX schools and the waiting continues. Once people with numerous pre-match offers get narrowed down to one school after Match Day, the schools will need some time to take another look at how many seats remain open and offers to people on Wait Lists can happen over the next few months.
If a person doesn't match on Match Day, they may still be offered a WL status at schools where they interviewed.

Interviewed on 12/01 anyone else that heard back?? Congrats to @fickled for the prematch!

RGV was removed from my rank list at TMDSAS this morning (received the waitlist email when everyone else did).

RGV was removed from my rank list at TMDSAS this morning (received the waitlist email when everyone else did).
@raf1ki had you interviewed at UTRGV this season? If so, this seems odd. Wait a few days to see if it seems to be a glitch then contact TMDSAS and ask them, if you want it back on your rank list.
If I am misunderstanding and you withdrew your UTRGV app, withdrawing would make the school drop off your schools available to rank.

Hopefully just a system quirk with updating my list then. I interviewed at a different school over a week ago and I'm still waiting for it to be added to the rank list.

Hopefully just a system quirk with updating my list then. I interviewed at a different school over a week ago and I'm still waiting for it to be added to the rank list.

I think it is a glitch. I haven’t heard anything other than a reminder to rank email. But before that, my pending actions tab on TMDSAS disappeared, reappeared, and has now disappeared again. When it happened the first time I called TMDSAS and they verified my rankings then called the school to confirm I still had an active app.

I just checked and UTRGV disappeared from mine too even though I was waitlisted when everyone else was. the rest of my schools are fine though so maybe it’s just a glitch with them? I’m not sure but I might call if it doesn’t come back in a few days.

For those that have interviewed here, how reliable is ridesharing? Trying to figure out if I should rent a car or just use Uber or Lyft. Am hoping that I don't have to get a car. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

For those that have interviewed here, how reliable is ridesharing? Trying to figure out if I should rent a car or just use Uber or Lyft. Am hoping that I don't have to get a car. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
I didn’t use uber or lyft myself, but a lot of people I interviewed with did! You should be good without a rental.

Did anyone who interview here send thank you notes to their interviewers? They gave us our interviewers' names at the end of the day, so does that mean they want us to send thank you notes?

Did anyone who interview here send thank you notes to their interviewers? They gave us our interviewers' names at the end of the day, so does that mean they want us to send thank you notes?

I sent an email to both my interviewers. I don't think it matters whether you do or don't.

UTRGV has disappeared from my TMDSAS rank list after I got a waitlist email. Does that mean I can't match here?

Did anyone who interviewed late November hear back? I have not gotten any WL or reminder emails.

Did anyone who interviewed late November hear back? I have not gotten any WL or reminder emails.

I interviewed in late November and haven't heard anything back. I guess we'll all find out where we stand on either December 20th or 21st. I remember being told at the interview that they will tell us our positions by December 31st at the latest.

@raf1ki , @lilsebastian18 , @trv84 and @lightn7724 you have all noticed that UTRGV disappeared from your rank list after you had been sent a WL notification email, right?
I recommend that anyone who has had this happen, call UTRGV Admissions and notify them. Ask that they make sure your application is still active. Keep all the emails you were sent, such as the Wait List notification email and any emails that come to you after you call for clarification/correction.
My previous thought to "wait and see if the glitch disappears" has changed after I asked someone at TMDSAS about the situation.

@wysdoc: The problem seems to have rectified itself for me on it's own.

@raf1ki , @lilsebastian18 , @trv84 and @lightn7724 you have all noticed that UTRGV disappeared from your rank list after you had been sent a WL notification email, right?
I recommend that anyone who has had this happen, call UTRGV Admissions and notify them. Ask that they make sure your application is still active. Keep all the emails you were sent, such as the Wait List notification email and any emails that come to you after you call for clarification/correction.
My previous thought to "wait and see if the glitch disappears" has changed after I asked someone at TMDSAS about the situation.

The only email I’ve gotten was a reminder to rank. The day before that I had it disappear from TMDSAS. So I called both TMDSAS and UTRGV and confirmed my app was active. I notice it disappear again on Friday when someone had mentioned it. But as of this morning it was back, lol. From perusing last year’s thread this happened to a few applicants too.

I didn't take the best notes on interview day but I do remember Ms. Monfort mentioning that each student recieved a small scholarship from the school. Does anyone remember the possible range she projected?

I didn't take the best notes on interview day but I do remember Ms. Monfort mentioning that each student recieved a small scholarship from the school. Does anyone remember the possible range she projected?
Like those who matriculated?

I wrote down that she said anywhere between 10-25% off tuition for the class of 2023.

Hey y'all! I interviewed on 11/30 and I remember Betty saying we'd get call today? Does anyone else who interviewed that day remember that?

Edits: autocorrect has it out for me today apparently

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been sooooo quiet around here.

Quiet.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
any word on what happens to OOSers?

Since ya'll don't participate in the match, you could be accepted anytime between now and the first day of orientation in July (i.e. rolling admissions).

I think they might be out for vacation already, cause I emailed them asking them a question and they tend to reply within the hour but they still haven't replied so idk haha

Lucky! I emailed them in July asking for a parking permit and still waiting lol.

I thought I remembered someone saying their interview group was told there would be an adcom meeting today. Give them a call. I called them last week with the stupidest of questions and they were very nice and understanding.

Lucky! I emailed them in July asking for a parking permit and still waiting lol.

I thought I remembered someone saying their interview group was told there would be an adcom meeting today. Give them a call. I called them last week with the stupidest of questions and they were very nice and understanding.
Thanks will do!

Hey y'all! I interviewed on 11/30 and I remember Betty saying we'd get call today? Does anyone else who interviewed that day remember that?

Edits: autocorrect has it out for me today apparently
I interviewed on 12/10 and Betty told us that we'd know by tomorrow (12/21) if we had prematched or were waitlisted.

Received a call from Betty, saying I was waitlisted but in a very good position. She was 99 percent sure I would get in. It left me feeling confused yet excited.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Received a call from Betty, saying I was waitlisted but in a very good position. She was 99 percent sure I would get in. It left me feeling confused yet excited.
Was this just now? And when did you interview?

I also just received a call from Betty saying that I’m positioned high on the waitlist.