2018-2019 University of Texas Southwestern Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IN!!! and no MS0 tab, take that

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an offer, but still no mysterious tab. It was a false alarm.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted OOS!!

LizzyM 80, interviewed 10/20

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted IS 12:03. Complete 7/22. Interviewed 9/29. LizzyM Score of 75. Congrats to everyone that has a prematch and wishing the best to those who are still waiting! Looking forward to meeting all of my colleagues in the class 2023 (and beyond)!

Last edited:
Accepted! Complete sometime around 7/28 and interviewed 10/13 (Lizzy M ~ 75). Also wondering about a facebook group?

Reactions: 1 user
Being a bit neurotic but I interviewed early september, strong stats, strong interview imo, in state. Didn’t prematch today. Should I be worried?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for the acceptances I have but the in state tuition/quality of education makes UTSW really attractive.

Being a bit neurotic but I interviewed early september, strong stats, strong interview imo, in state. Didn’t prematch today. Should I be worried?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for the acceptances I have but the in state tuition/quality of education makes UTSW really attractive.

I didn't get prematched either, but I would feel presumptuous to say that I should've anyways (my stats are lower than yours, LizzyM is like 78.
It could be that they didn't feel that I had their "fit", or maybe they'll add us in the next waves.

I’m just gunna be bold here and tell everyone who didn’t prematch to quit being neurotic and just chill. Only like 10% of acceptances went out this morning, if that. We still have plenty of time to get accepted, not to mention all the movement that happens off the waitlist. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Seriously.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!! OOS Interviewed around 10/24, Lizzy M about 78

Anyone interview 11/10 and get a prematch offer today?

Accepted 12:03. Complete 6/5. Interviewed 9/15. I look forward to meeting all of you at Southwestern next fall!

Are all the prematches that are gonna be given out today given out at the same time? i.e. can we expect to hear back later on today if we didn't this morning?

Are all the prematches that are gonna be given out today given out at the same time? i.e. can we expect to hear back later on today if we didn't this morning?
I think last year it was all at midnight

Interviewing next week - what is the vibe of the day and of the interviews themselves?

Accepted earlier today - will likely decline due to an acceptance elsewhere (which is also closer to home)! Completed on 6/18 and interviewed in mid-September.

I’m just gunna be bold here and tell everyone who didn’t prematch to quit being neurotic and just chill. Only like 10% of acceptances went out this morning, if that. We still have plenty of time to get accepted, not to mention all the movement that happens off the waitlist. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Seriously.

Are you certain that it's that few? I was under the impression from previous year's threads that they pre-match nearly all of their seats.

Accepted earlier today - will likely decline due to an acceptance elsewhere (which is also closer to home)! Completed on 6/18 and interviewed in mid-September.
I thought you had applied ED?

ED was specific to AMCAS schools!
lol uhhhhh I think you should delete your posts and keep this on the DL bc AMCAS rules specifically state ED means you can only apply to one school including non-AMCAS schools

Are you certain that it's that few? I was under the impression from previous year's threads that they pre-match nearly all of their seats.
I think they split them between the November/December prematch waves but I could be wrong! (and partially just hoping this for myself lol :smuggrin:)

In the pre-match email it said that within 48 hours we would be receiving additional information on how to accept the offer. Has anyone actually received that yet? My inbox has been empty...

In the pre-match email it said that within 48 hours we would be receiving additional information on how to accept the offer. Has anyone actually received that yet? My inbox has been empty...

Negative for me

LOL of course because Match Day is Feb 1, but on their web page they say interviews through early January.

I called last week and the admissions office let me know that they would have one interview date in feb. similar to last year! :) so..they will be interviewing past match day according to them

I called last week and the admissions office let me know that they would have one interview date in feb. similar to last year! :) so..they will be interviewing past match day according to them
I wonder if this is becuase they anticipate that the majority of their prematches will drop them for Baylor, T20, or scholarships to other TX schools and know they will have to use the waitlist alot

Anyone have an idea if UTSW will still be sending out II?

when does UTSW usually send out December wave of prematch? Like early/mid/late December?

I wonder if this is becuase they anticipate that the majority of their prematches will drop them for Baylor, T20, or scholarships to other TX schools and know they will have to use the waitlist alot

The majority of the class comes from prematch, so the majority of their prematches don't drop them. Anecdotally, after going to MS0 Day, almost everyone I met ended up at UTSW.

There is significant waitlist movement, but it's more like 20-30% of the class. Traditionally very, very few people match in February.

The majority of the class comes from prematch, so the majority of their prematches don't drop them. Anecdotally, after going to MS0 Day, almost everyone I met ended up at UTSW.

There is significant waitlist movement, but it's more like 20-30% of the class. Traditionally very, very few people match in February.

Do you happen to know if September interviewees are reconsidered for prematch in the second wave of admissions during December? Or are those acceptances reserved for Nov/Dec interviewees?

Do you happen to know if September interviewees are reconsidered for prematch in the second wave of admissions during December? Or are those acceptances reserved for Nov/Dec interviewees?

I believe so (according to one earlier post in this thread) but I'm not sure of the percentage of people in the December wave that is from October and earlier... :(

does UTSW do silent rejections? what are my chances of getting an interview at this stage of the cycle? seems like they might have filled most of their interview spots already...can someone confirm this?

does UTSW do silent rejections? what are my chances of getting an interview at this stage of the cycle? seems like they might have filled most of their interview spots already...can someone confirm this?

Do any TX schools send rejections this early? I don’t think I’ve read of anyone receiving a rejection letter this cycle yet. I do think some send rejection letters/emails in January though.

Yes, I interviewed in September and got my prematch offer in December.

Do any TX schools send rejections this early? I don’t think I’ve read of anyone receiving a rejection letter this cycle yet. I do think some send rejection letters/emails in January though.
Pretty rare, though if match day arrives and you have had no interviews you can assume you are "silently rejected" :(:arghh:. One year UTRGV sent out some rejections even before any acceptances, which I thought was pretty harsh and they haven't repeated this unpopular action.

Pretty rare, though if match day arrives and you have had no interviews you can assume you are "silently rejected" :(:arghh:. One year UTRGV sent out some rejections even before any acceptances, which I thought was pretty harsh and they haven't repeated this unpopular action.

To be fair, if I wasn't going to get in, I'd honestly rather know sooner rather than later. Right now I'm waiting for either a rejection or II from 10+ schools, and if I'm going to be rejected, I'd really just rather know now

The school didn't mention any policy and i don't think it matters too much, but i sent them just because i liked my interviewers a lot. Their emails are [email protected]
You can also send them to the admissions office and they'll forward

Also, i've never posted on this site before but always found it comforting reading others' posts. UTSW is a reach for me (ORM LM70) but I prematched here this week, so i hope that gives someone hope :)

Congrats on the prematch that's awesome!! When did you interview?

Does anyone know when MSTP interviewees can expect to hear back about acceptance? Interview date was Oct. 26.

Ya, they told us late january
What is the percentage of interviewees that get admitted? Any rough idea? I'm interviewing there for MSTP and tbh my MSTP interviews have been going so badly I feel like giving up and rolling over and dying.

Last edited: