2018-2019 University of Texas Southwestern Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Different people have different expectations. It's all relative. I can go on to say "don't worry about not getting into med school, you still have a roof over your head. Be grateful for what you have my friend".
This is true, but no one should be "expecting" any acceptance regardless of stats. Who you are as a person defines you just as much as the number on your MCAT, especially when you're competing for a spot against individuals that are just as impressive.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
One of my interviewers here was a jerk to me:( not sure if it was supposed to be a stress interview or what. I wonder how they look at an applicant who had 1 really good interview and a really bad one lol

One of my interviewers here was a jerk to me:( not sure if it was supposed to be a stress interview or what. I wonder how they look at an applicant who had 1 really good interview and a really bad one lol
Was it the plastic surgeon?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well fellow December interviewees, let’s hope this week brings some good news for us! Hoping and praying for us all!!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten further communication re: how to accept the offer?
Within a couple days, UTSW will send an email with a document you need to sign to accept your offer. You just sign it, scan it, and email it back whenever you get the email. It took a couple days from when I got my prematch offer in November; I imagine it may take them a little bit longer for y’all as your wave got accepted right before the weekend.

I had this guy, and he stress interviewed me into a corner haha. Hope I wasnt the only one who felt this way!
He was awesome to me though lmao. I think he really helped me get in!

I'm late! But prematched on Friday, interviewed 12/1

Has anyone who's gotten accepted recently gotten the MS0 tab?

I'm late! But prematched on Friday, interviewed 12/1

Has anyone who's gotten accepted recently gotten the MS0 tab?
I just got the tab today in addition with the email that has the forms to accept the offer. Interestingly, UTSW showed up on my prematch withdrawal list on Sunday.

Can anyone clarify the pre-match process/accepting your UTSW offer? When is the final deadline to send in the Acceptance of Admission form if we are currently still waiting on a few OOS schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone clarify the pre-match process/accepting your UTSW offer? When is the final deadline to send in the Acceptance of Admission form if we are currently still waiting on a few OOS schools?
I think the form for prematch says it's due on January 4th but they give a number to call if you need an extension. I know that prematch offers are non-binding so you wouldn't lose anything by accepting the offer.

I think the form for prematch says it's due on January 4th but they give a number to call if you need an extension. I know that prematch offers are non-binding so you wouldn't lose anything by accepting the offer.

so if sending in the form/"accepting" the offer is non-binding, what is the deadline after which you cannot withdraw from UTSW?

so if sending in the form/"accepting" the offer is non-binding, what is the deadline after which you cannot withdraw from UTSW?
You have to submit your rankings to TMDSAS by January 18th at 5 PM. After which, the highest ranked school to which you've been accepted to will be your match come February 1st. You can pretty much withdraw from that school any time until April 30th if you choose to go somewhere out of state or are accepted to Baylor and decide to go there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if any more prematches are coming this week?

Reactions: 3 users
Doesnt matter. I'll prob get rejected from BCM and I will have to be your classmate next year LOL!

It's rich that'd you'd claim that your interviewer at UTSW was arrogant. Sounds like you have zero self-awareness. Please introduce yourself if you end up at UTSW. We're going to be great friends, I can see it now. :lame:

Reactions: 7 users
It's rich that'd you'd claim that your interviewer at UTSW was arrogant. Sounds like you have zero self-awareness. Please introduce yourself if you end up at UTSW. We're going to be great friends, I can see it now. :lame:
I hope BCM takes him. Good Riddance

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else having the problem where your school's registrar is closed until the new year so that's the earliest that TMDSAS can receive your transcripts? Does anyone know if this is okay? My grades still haven't been completely entered yet so I couldn't send them earlier, and we don't have an approved e-transcript system.

Anyone else having the problem where your school's registrar is closed until the new year so that's the earliest that TMDSAS can receive your transcripts? Does anyone know if this is okay? My grades still haven't been completely entered yet so I couldn't send them earlier, and we don't have an approved e-transcript system.
Maybe try sending an email to TMDSAS explaining the situation. It's not like you're purposely withholding anything.

Haha Baylor can keep him. I'd rather have a classmate that can realize how lucky he is to be at an institution like UTSW.
I completely agree.

For anyone reading this, UTSW is a great school, seriously. I have offers at both and if not for money at Baylor, I’d highly consider going to UTSW. If you feel like you’re too good for UTSW, you might be right. In fact, I’d say you’re too good for medicine and you should choose a different career where you can realize your *true* potential ;)

Reactions: 4 users

When i submitted grades to TMDSAS, I just submitted grades by typing them out (Class Name/#-Grade Received) via the online message system. They updated them that way and then told me to send them a transcript ASAP, so I think they won't mind if it takes you awhile to send the transcript they will update the grades without it and just need that for confirmation.

I was really hoping they’d send out their final round by today...anyone hear anything?

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received a user ID/password to access the student self service yet? I was sent an email to get on there and accept financial aid offers within two weeks but I haven't received anything about how to log in.

Has anyone received a user ID/password to access the student self service yet? I was sent an email to get on there and accept financial aid offers within two weeks but I haven't received anything about how to log in.
I received the same email and do not have credentials. I sent an email about it to financial aid, but don't really expect to hear anything until the new year.

I received the same email and do not have credentials. I sent an email about it to financial aid, but don't really expect to hear anything until the new year.

I got the email with my login information on 11/30 which was after I received the confirmation that they had got my acceptance form on 11/21. However no information about financial aid on the student portal yet.

I got the email with my login information on 11/30 which was after I received the confirmation that they had got my acceptance form on 11/21. However no information about financial aid on the student portal yet.
Ah, guess it'll be a while for me since I just got in through the second batch of prematches. Have you already submitted FAFSA? The reason I got the email about financial aid being processed is because I just submitted it a few days ago.

Ah, guess it'll be a while for me since I just got in through the second batch of prematches. Have you already submitted FAFSA? The reason I got the email about financial aid being processed is because I just submitted it a few days ago.

Yes I did in November. That would make sense that you might have to wait a little bit, but like I said, mine isn't really showing anything besides some personal information I put in. No financial aid yet

For those of you wondering about financial aid, I just received my financial aid summary on the Student Center yesterday. Submitted FAFSA 11/21. Also noticed that I now have a UT Southwestern e-mail account but have yet to receive information to set that up.

For those of you wondering about financial aid, I just received my financial aid summary on the Student Center yesterday. Submitted FAFSA 11/21. Also noticed that I now have a UT Southwestern e-mail account but have yet to receive information to set that up.

I second this, I have my financial aid summary as well as the email account with no info on how to set it up.

Y'all think the last wave of prematches might come out tomorrow?

Reactions: 1 users
Wishing the best of luck to those not accepted yet! Super late but prematched on 12/14, interviewed 11/17. IS, LM 76. This school is amazing.

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any chance they'll give out scholarships after aid packages have been updated on the portal, perhaps after match day? Or are all scholarships given with acceptances? Also, does UTSW match scholarships? I didn't see anything in old threads.

Thinking ahead here, but does anyone know if UTSW accepts updates if you're on their waitlist? I know they don't accept LOIs but couldn't find anything on updates

Thinking ahead here, but does anyone know if UTSW accepts updates if you're on their waitlist? I know they don't accept LOIs but couldn't find anything on updates
Asked it a couple of pages back and someone said no.

Is there any chance they'll give out scholarships after aid packages have been updated on the portal, perhaps after match day? Or are all scholarships given with acceptances? Also, does UTSW match scholarships? I didn't see anything in old threads.

At the financial aid presentation on my interview day, she told us that if you're going to be offered a scholarship, it would be in the initial acceptance e-mail. She said that they typically offer more than they have because they know some people won't accept. With that being said, if a lot of people don't accept their awards, she said that there may be additional offers up until school starts or even into the first semester if I remember correctly.

FWIW, I did meet a student at my interview who said that UTSW matched a scholarship from Dell. I don't know much about how schools deal with scholarships, but I feel like it couldn't hurt to present it to the school and see what they can do. They can't take back your acceptance lol

Last edited: