2018-2019 University of Texas Southwestern Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do people wear suits to the afternoon program on Friday? I know it says business casual/casual on the interview packet but I don't want to show up underdressed

Members don't see this ad.

do people wear suits to the afternoon program on Friday? I know it says business casual/casual on the interview packet but I don't want to show up underdressed
If you’re going to the morning rounds, I would just wear whatever you wore to that. Unless you want to go to the hotel and change lol. Doesn’t the afternoon program start like an hr or so after the rounds?

If you’re going to the morning rounds, I would just wear whatever you wore to that. Unless you want to go to the hotel and change lol. Doesn’t the afternoon program start like an hr or so after the rounds?
I’m not going to the morning rounds because I will be traveling into Dallas!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not going to the morning rounds because I will be traveling into Dallas!
Ah, okay. Biz casual probably fine then. I don’t think you’ll be judged on your attire to an info session.

I’m traveling too, but driving the day before so I can go to the morning rounds. Luckily I have family in Dallas to stay with and will save on hotel fees.

Does anybody know what parts of the program are open to guests? Email just says guests obviously can't join interviews or rounds, but would it be weird if my guest showed up Friday after rounds (before dinner) as well as Sat. morning for the presentations?

The Friday afternoon stuff is open to guests. A lot of people brought a parent. As a 30+ non trad I thought it was a strange but idk.

Don't bring anybody on Saturday.

FYI for everybody I parsed last years thread to see when the prematch offers go out and it appears that most of them go out before 1am on the 15th

Reactions: 5 users
Do you think it means anything?

I could see it just being a glitch that was sent out to all gateway accounts.
But, I know some people saw their interview tab before receiving an email and if you click the MS0 tab it asks whether you would like to attend the second look day which is for admitted students only.

Don't want to get my hopes up too high though.

Reactions: 1 user
I have the MS0 tab... if this is a mistake I think I'll cry

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Click the yes option on do you plan to attend and see what that says. Couple that with the fact that not everybody has an ms0 tab and I would say we can be a little less neurotic than we were 5 minutes ago. CROSS FINGERS

Interviewed in late october

These next 6.5 hours are going to go by so slowly. I need to know if it's real!

For what it’s worth, I don’t have a MS0 tab, but I don’t interview until January.

I’m excited to see the updates on here tonight!!!

I have the tab. I'm taking this as good news, don't try to stop me!
Interviewed late September.

Last edited:
Nothing here, either. But I can’t be too disappointed since I interviewed last Saturday

LOL i know more than one person obsessively refreshing this page......hello D., you know who u are

If this tab is a false alarm, I’m gonna be having a real bad day tomorrow

no tab :'( I was really hoping for this one

checks to see if I have the tab even though I haven’t interviewed

Reactions: 5 users
No tab here either :'( Interviewed on their first interview weekend

Did anyone who interviewed in late october (3rd/4th weekend) or after get the tab?

I too have a tab that says "MyMS0". Is this what everyone here is talking about? I'm so scared to even click on it lol...

I too have a tab that says "MyMS0". Is this what everyone here is talking about? I'm so scared to even click on it lol...
if you click on it before midnight they rescind your acceptance. Lol JK, it is probably good news, lets just wait & see what tomorrow brings

Anyone think there's a chance that people without the tab might still hear back tonight? Just looking for some optimism:(

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone think there's a chance that people without the tab might still hear back tonight? Just looking for some optimism:(

Don't give up hope! We're reading tea leaves here anyways since nobody has a true acceptance yet. Even if you do not prematch tonight there is still the chance of prematching in December or even getting off the WL (which I'm told by current students has huge movement).

Don't give up hope! We're reading tea leaves here anyways since nobody has a true acceptance yet. Even if you do not prematch tonight there is still the chance of prematching in December or even getting off the WL (which I'm told by current students has huge movement).
how do you know we will hear back, if we got in, at exactly 12:00 a.m? I have the MS0 tab and I sleep lmaoo.

how do you know we will hear back, if we got in, at exactly 12:00 a.m? I have the MS0 tab and I sleep lmaoo.
Not exactly at 12 but last year i think it was out by 1230

Just chiming in, I interviewed in mid-October and I have the M0 tab.

Just going to pop in here (because we have a quiz tomorrow and I'm procrastinating, of course!) and reiterate that not prematching on the first day does not mean you won't prematch at all. I interviewed in September and got my prematch offer in December! Stay strong y'all :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just going to pop in here (because we have a quiz tomorrow and I'm procrastinating, of course!) and reiterate that not prematching on the first day does not mean you won't prematch at all. I interviewed in September and got my prematch offer in December! Stay strong y'all :)
No comment on the portal controversy. Cover up Confirmed.
frodo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users