2018-2019 University of Toledo College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite email here this afternoon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
UT sending out II, but not acceptances. Make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTEDDDDDDD IM GONNA BE A DOCTOR IM IN CLASS AND CANT BREATHE!!! Interviewed 8/24!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Holy crap, after 2 years of applications I am going to be a doctor, this is unreal!

Reactions: 9 users
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Got in today! Can't wait!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am trying to set up my UT account, but I do not have a rocket number. Does anyone know where/when we will get this?

I am trying to set up my UT account, but I do not have a rocket number. Does anyone know where/when we will get this?
I called on Tuesday and they said we can expect it in 1-2 weeks.

You the best

I actually have not been able to get ahold of them, I assume they are super busy though.

Last edited:
Do you know if the facebook page is up as well? Or the health forms? Haha, sorry I have so many questions

II just now. First available dates are in January! Complete early October. IS, URM.

Last edited:
Just received an interview invite! IS ORM secondary submitted 09/01. Does anyone that has already interviewed at this school have any tips for success regarding interview day? Was the atmosphere tense, or relaxed? This is my first interview, so any feedback you guys have for me would greatly be appreciated! Thank you so much fellow physicians!

Just received an interview invite! IS ORM secondary submitted 09/01. Does anyone that has already interviewed at this school have any tips for success regarding interview day? Was the atmosphere tense, or relaxed? This is my first interview, so any feedback you guys have for me would greatly be appreciated! Thank you so much fellow physicians!

Congrats on the interview! I interviewed here back on 8/24 and just got accepted this past Wednesday. Atmosphere is pretty relaxed in my opinion. Not sure how much I can judge, considering this is the only place I've interviewed at thus far. It's an MMI interview, so you have 2 minutes outside each room to read the prompt (I believe there were ten rooms, two of which were break rooms where you're just chilling) and 6 minutes inside to talk. 6 minutes goes by extremely fast, so don't think that you're not gonna know what to talk about. When you go into the room, just answer the question and if you run out of things to say, then stop talking. That's what I learned when I did a mock interview. I end up talking so much and just babbling nonsense that the interviewer barely gets a chance to ask a follow-up question. And when they do I'm thinking "Ah crap, I should've shut up, cause now I know what to say." So if you feel yourself babbling/repeating yourself, just stop talking.

Don't even bother going on WashU Bioethics page, none of their questions were ethical questions or scenarios. There's no actors or anything like that. They had a lot of random questions that had nothing to do with becoming a physician or medicine or anything. Actually, I think I only had two questions that directly related to the medical field. I think they really wanna test you on how you manage talking through a topic that you're not expected to have any knowledge about whatsoever.

Honestly, you'll do fine. I had one interviewer where he pointed out a problem, and I told him one of example of how to fix it, and he goes, "Were you aware that your answer isn't a solution, and actually just adds to the problem?" And I was like lol RIP me. Thank God time ended up running out though, saved by the bell.

I know I just ended up ranting lol, but hopefully some of that was helpful for you! Good luck on your interview, you'll do great!!

II received today! My first one! I am thrilled. From The South; what is it like up there, y'all?

Do you know if the facebook page is up as well? Or the health forms? Haha, sorry I have so many questions
The FB group is not up yet either, but I'm not sure about the forms. Yeah I called a few different times before I got an answer.

II received today! My first one! I am thrilled. From The South; what is it like up there, y'all?
It's cold and there is a lot of precipitation because it's near Lake Erie. Hope you like snow! Although I've heard the interview is all inside, so for now you don't have much to worry about. If you end up here, make sure your tires are high quality enough for dangerous road conditions. Despite all this, I love Toledo, but I am most definitely biased as a native. Congrats! I'm really getting anxious as I hope to receive one myself.

Any current M1s on here available for questions?

Long time lurker here but was accepted a few weeks ago. Congrats to everyone on your acceptances and I hope to meet you all next year!

Reactions: 2 users
Those who interviewed mid to late Oct, do you think you will hear back before Thanksgiving?

Those who interviewed mid to late Oct, do you think you will hear back before Thanksgiving?

I'm not holding my breath, if they are just now accepting August interviewees I think it'll be like Christmas. However, I hope to be surprised.

Does anyone have any advise on how to prep for the MMI? I have had one other interview but it was the traditional sit down with 2 people for an hour type

I have a friend who interviewed mid-October, and they told her she wouldn't hear back till December.

Anyone know what statuses show up on the portal? Mine says under review and I can't remember if its always said that or not.

Just received II, IS! Did anyone see dates before January?

Every Monday and Friday this month are going to kill my vibe when I see a bunch of invites and still no sign on my side :( Congratulations everyone, hope it works out for you all!

Also got an II here yesterday and was complete in July. Don’t give up hope July squad!

IS, LM 69. I was waitlisted here last cycle, so fingers crossed!
If you don't mind me asking, what was your stats last year? Did you improve something drastically that you think will make the difference this time?

Also, has anyone submitted additional documents (updates) through the portal, and if so, do you think it gave you an advantage/would you recommend sending anything to show you are still interested?

Congrats on the interview! I interviewed here back on 8/24 and just got accepted this past Wednesday. Atmosphere is pretty relaxed in my opinion. Not sure how much I can judge, considering this is the only place I've interviewed at thus far. It's an MMI interview, so you have 2 minutes outside each room to read the prompt (I believe there were ten rooms, two of which were break rooms where you're just chilling) and 6 minutes inside to talk. 6 minutes goes by extremely fast, so don't think that you're not gonna know what to talk about. When you go into the room, just answer the question and if you run out of things to say, then stop talking. That's what I learned when I did a mock interview. I end up talking so much and just babbling nonsense that the interviewer barely gets a chance to ask a follow-up question. And when they do I'm thinking "Ah crap, I should've shut up, cause now I know what to say." So if you feel yourself babbling/repeating yourself, just stop talking.

Don't even bother going on WashU Bioethics page, none of their questions were ethical questions or scenarios. There's no actors or anything like that. They had a lot of random questions that had nothing to do with becoming a physician or medicine or anything. Actually, I think I only had two questions that directly related to the medical field. I think they really wanna test you on how you manage talking through a topic that you're not expected to have any knowledge about whatsoever.

Honestly, you'll do fine. I had one interviewer where he pointed out a problem, and I told him one of example of how to fix it, and he goes, "Were you aware that your answer isn't a solution, and actually just adds to the problem?" And I was like lol RIP me. Thank God time ended up running out though, saved by the bell.

I know I just ended up ranting lol, but hopefully some of that was helpful for you! Good luck on your interview, you'll do great!!

Congrats!
IS?
Do you mind sharing stats?
Thanks!

Anyone know if they are receptive to community service updates?