2018-2019 University of Toledo College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 11/16 and just got an email saying the adcom evals are due Friday and we’ll hear back by Saturday!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 11/16 and just got an email saying the adcom evals are due Friday and we’ll hear back by Saturday!
Same! Seriously appreciating this email, especially since I'm nearing the 3 month anniversary of my first interview without a decision soon lol

I interviewed in early December, and I want to submit a grade update before I'm reviewed. Is there a hard deadline to submit an update?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in early December, and I want to submit a grade update before I'm reviewed. Is there a hard deadline to submit an update?

Yes and I think the date has passed. Check your portal, it says somewhere on the documents tab I believe

II OOS just now. Complete August ish I think

Reactions: 1 users
has anybody waiting to hear back today heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Placed on WL today at noon

Have any Dec. 7th/MedStart applicants heard back yet?

Last edited:
Anyone else interviewing this month? Was wondering how y'all are preparing for it. Also I'm a current UT undergrad, not sure if I'll be any help, but if you guys have any questions about the sim center or the medical campus I know quite a bit about it through my program.

Have any MedStart applicants heard back yet?

I'm not sure if there is another date for Med Start candidates, but they were at mine on December 7. I tried calling the admissions office to see if they knew when the adcom would be meeting next, but they didn't answer. I suspect we'll hear by next Friday. (I doubt they'd only discuss November 30th interviewees at said meeting).

Anyone have any news about those who interviewed on the 7th? I know we were told around 4-6 weeks, yet perhaps longer due to the holidays.

I'm still waiting. The dean of admissions left a few months ago. Because of that and the holidays I wouldn't be surprised if it's another week before we hear back.

Was able to log onto my student portal. Was anyone else able too?

Did you get an email that it was activated (it says we will on the 1st year website)? I didn't get any email yet, so I haven't tried to login

Edit: Just tried to login and it worked! Excited

Last edited:
Just got the R pre-interview. Best of luck to those still in the running!

Did any of you guys send a thank you post interview? I interview this Friday and am unsure if it is required after the MMI. Thank you!

I submitted one via snail mail to the school as a whole for the opportunity to interview but it was said at my interview they are not necessary, especially sending one to every interviewer.

Aw man dude I’m sorry. Hey at least it’s not a rejection! Do you think something went wrong with the interview? Sending you positive vibes

Aw thanks for the support! I thought the interviews were fine (but I could have inflated sense of myself). Such is life, and there are much sadder things in life than this. Hoping you get that acceptance though!

Reactions: 2 users
Aw thanks for the support! I thought the interviews were fine (but I could have inflated sense of myself). Such is life, and there are much sadder things in life than this. Hoping you get that acceptance though!
Love your attitude. You’d make one hell of an MD don’t let an admissions committee tell you otherwise. Keep persisting my dude

Reactions: 5 users
If you thought your interviews went fine and got a WL, I’m expecting that R cuz I thought I crashed and burned hard haha. I hope you catch an A from them!

Does anyone here know much about the MSBS-MS post bacc/masters program at Toledo?

If you thought your interviews went fine and got a WL, I’m expecting that R cuz I thought I crashed and burned hard haha. I hope you catch an A from them!

Thanks man! If your username is reflective, I'm sure you brought that Big 1990s Energy into your interviews. AKA = automatic acceptance.

I have an interview for UT this Friday! Anyone who has already interviewed have any tips?

At other schools, I feel like the MMI questions were more personal and you could prepare just like for a traditional interview, but at Toledo the questions were way random and I don't think there is any real way to prepare. I honestly didn't like it because the MMI scenarios were so random that I felt like they don't really get to know you - they just get to see your critical thinking (read, BSing) skills.

I have an interview for UT this Friday! Anyone who has already interviewed have any tips?
Be yourself! On the other hand, my experience was slightly different than my friend above me ^^ I actually thought the interviewers got to know me quite a bit, as I related almost every single question to my own experiences. Interview day was super low stress, and the tour was absolutely mind blowing (the sim center is out of this world). Try not to stress out about the day, and I'm sure you'll impress them. The interviewers were very nice people, and it seemed like they wanted all the applicants to succeed. I could have totally messed this up though haha I haven't heard back so who knows.

Be yourself! On the other hand, my experience was slightly different than my friend above me ^^ I actually thought the interviewers got to know me quite a bit, as I related almost every single question to my own experiences. Interview day was super low stress, and the tour was absolutely mind blowing (the sim center is out of this world). Try not to stress out about the day, and I'm sure you'll impress them. The interviewers were very nice people, and it seemed like they wanted all the applicants to succeed. I could have totally messed this up though haha I haven't heard back so who knows.

Everyone else seemed to enjoy the interview day, so maybe I had a singularly bad experience. I argued with my second interviewer, which really threw off my focus and motivation for the rest of the MMIs (I thought at least 5 were bad), in addition to coloring the rest of the day negatively. I was shocked when I got the acceptance email. So yeah I realize I do have some advice - if you think one of your MMIs went horribly, don't worry too much - just brush it off and start each one fresh.

Everyone else seemed to enjoy the interview day, so maybe I had a singularly bad experience. I argued with my second interviewer, which really threw off my focus and motivation for the rest of the MMIs (I thought at least 5 were bad), in addition to coloring the rest of the day negatively. I was shocked when I got the acceptance email. So yeah I realize I do have some advice - if you think one of your MMIs went horribly, don't worry too much - just brush it off and start each one fresh.
Did you have a relatively strong app? I thought my MMIs were alright but not horrible and thought that would make me catch the WL (we will see in a couple of weeks)