2018-2019 University of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone knows if UW gives out any full COA merit scholarships?
Not sure about that, but have recieved full tuition scholarship, as has other people so far. Maybe later they will send out full COA or extra scholarshps

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure about that, but have recieved full tuition scholarship, as has other people so far. Maybe later they will send out full COA or extra scholarshps

When did you receive word that you had gotten a full ride? Congratulations by the way that’s huge!

Members don't see this ad :)
II, my first! OOS. I was already starting to looking at post-bac's and MCAT study materials, to prepare to apply in a future cycle. Don't give up hope!

Does anyone know if they have a student host program? I'm also open to any advice anyone is willing to offer.

Reactions: 1 user
II, my first! OOS. I was already starting to looking at post-bac's and MCAT study materials, to prepare to apply in a future cycle. Don't give up hope!

Does anyone know if they have a student host program? I'm also open to any advice anyone is willing to offer.

To my knowledge, they do not have a student host program. In my interview confirmation email they gave us a list of "nearby accommodations" and they make arrangements for a limited number of discounted rooms at a hotel near the school. I don't have a ton of advice other than enjoy it. It's a relaxed interview at a beautiful school with a ton of great people. Good luck!

No student host program. If you end up needing a place to stay you can message me and I may be able to help out.

Acceptance call today!!! Absolutely stoked!!! mid November interview

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who interviewed 11/30 heard back yet? Today is 4 weeks from interview day, and they said 4-6 weeks, but it appears most have been hearing back within the month or so based on this forum.

Has anyone who interviewed 11/30 heard back yet? Today is 4 weeks from interview day, and they said 4-6 weeks, but it appears most have been hearing back within the month or so based on this forum.

I interviewed in mid-November and I still haven't heard back after 6 weeks. I called and they told me to expect to hear something around mid-Jan.

Does anyone know if UWisconsin is receptive to ITA email? I will be interviewing in Iowa in a few weeks and it would save me a trip if they could interview me that same week (if they were going to) since I am coming from CA. I know they dont accept any updates so I am not sure if they accept this either. Any idea?

Does anyone know if UWisconsin is receptive to ITA email? I will be interviewing in Iowa in a few weeks and it would save me a trip if they could interview me that same week (if they were going to) since I am coming from CA. I know they dont accept any updates so I am not sure if they accept this either. Any idea?

I doubt it since they don't accept updates.. couldn't hurt to try though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any II's or pre-II rejections recently? I think UW almost always stops sending IIs in December, but I'm an in-state applicant and I haven't gotten a rejection yet, so I'm hoping to get that R and fly free soon! make it quick guys, don't leave me hanging pls!

Any II's or pre-II rejections recently? I think UW almost always stops sending IIs in December, but I'm an in-state applicant and I haven't gotten a rejection yet, so I'm hoping to get that R and fly free soon! make it quick guys, don't leave me hanging pls!

Yes, I got one today as an OOS after receiving an Email in Dec that my app would be looked at again in January for possible II.

Does U wisconsin offer feedback? Would love to call them to see what I can improve on just in case I have to reapply next year. Anyone knows?

Does U wisconsin offer feedback? Would love to call them to see what I can improve on just in case I have to reapply next year. Anyone knows?
I remember my interviewer told me that you can contact the admissions office for feedback.

Last year they did. Someone from admissions alotted 30 minute phone interviews and spoke with applicants regarding the feedback. Truly amazing they do this because many schools do not!

Got the email and am on the waitlist. Really hoping to get off, was very impressed with the program during my interview!

Interviewed 11/30. LM 76.5. IS.

Got the email and am on the waitlist. Really hoping to get off, was very impressed with the program during my interview!

Interviewed 11/30. LM 76.5. IS.

Same I'm also on the waitlist, interviewed 10/22
Meanwhile Northwestern Science and Law program is still wanting me for their program...

Got the call earlier today!!!! I couldn't be more thrilled and grateful! LM ~70, WARS ~85, IS, non-trad, complete very end of August, interviewed early Dec. UW has been my top choice for years, and I had the absolute best interview experience there. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Reactions: 3 users
Is emailing thank-you letters okay? Their packet implies that thank-you letters would be handwritten. Would particularly appreciate feedback from accepted applicants or current students.

Is emailing thank-you letters okay? Their packet implies that thank-you letters would be handwritten. Would particularly appreciate feedback from accepted applicants or current students.

Accepted student here — I don’t really think that it matters, as long as you sent a thank you, but I emailed my interviewer directly and hand wrote a thank you to admissions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I emailed admissions and asked them to forward it to my interviewer and they were cool with it

Sorry to be this person but is anyone else OOS with complete silence? Complete Mid July, barely clinging on to hope here. :arghh:

For those already accepted with scholarships, did you receive notification of the scholarship offer at the time of your acceptance call?

FYI for anyone else interviewing this Friday, the high temperature is -1 Fahrenheit that day....yes, the high! Welcome to Wisconsin

Last edited:
Welp. I'm an idiot. Don't think my residency verification as a nonresident ever went through. There goes my chances smh...

For those already accepted with scholarships, did you receive notification of the scholarship offer at the time of your acceptance call?
Yes, I was told at the time of my acceptance call. I actually got another call about two months later and was told that my scholarship was increased!

Welp. I'm an idiot. Don't think my residency verification as a nonresident ever went through. There goes my chances smh...

Does your portal say "Your Wisconsin Residency Status has been returned as 'Nonresident'."? I don't think OOS applicants have as many hoops to jump through as IS because on the secondary we had to answer whether or not we were applying as residents.

Does the new class have a facebook page? If so, could someone either share or PM me the link?

Accepted just now with a partial tuition scholarship! LM 72, OOS. Interviewed 01/04.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, I was told at the time of my acceptance call. I actually got another call about two months later and was told that my scholarship was increased!

Congrats! Did you send a LOI or anything to prompt the increase? Also, do you mind sharing what your initial/final scholarship amounts were?

Congrats! Did you send a LOI or anything to prompt the increase? Also, do you mind sharing what your initial/final scholarship amounts were?
Thank you! I didn’t do anything extra and it really surprised me. It went from 10k to full tuition

Reactions: 4 users