2018-2019 University of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! I didn’t do anything extra and it really surprised me. It went from 10k to full tuition
Wow!!! Congrats! That is awesome!

Do you know whether their scholarships tend to be more merit- or need-based? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone going to the second look who got accepted? I got the email today!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think there are still many interview slots left? IS, LM 71-72, still silence.

Wow!!! Congrats! That is awesome!

Do you know whether their scholarships tend to be more merit- or need-based? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

They are merit based and used as a form of recruitment based on the website. Everyone is automatically considered and there is no separate application.

They are merit based and used as a form of recruitment based on the website. Everyone is automatically considered and there is no separate application.
Awesome. Did you receive one too? Would you mind sharing your stats for those of us waiting for scholarship offers?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome. Did you receive one too? Would you mind sharing your stats for those of us waiting for scholarship offers?

Yes I was fortunate enough to receive a Full scholarship! Feel free to DM me, I just would rather not put out all of my info on here.

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything themselves or through the grape vine recently? I’m so anxious

alternate list. notified last week. interviewed 1/11.

I am trying to be patient with the alternate list, but it is not easy. I am starting to picture my life at another school. Plus I wish we could attend second look day. I could be towards the top or not even stand a chance of getting accepted. I am thankful to not have been rejected, but am definitely impatient lol. It will probably be at least 6 weeks till we hear anything right?

I am trying to be patient with the alternate list, but it is not easy. I am starting to picture my life at another school. Plus I wish we could attend second look day. I could be towards the top or not even stand a chance of getting accepted. I am thankful to not have been rejected, but am definitely impatient lol. It will probably be at least 6 weeks till we hear anything right?

According to last years thread, they released WL positions on March 29. Obviously it could be later this year, but it’s a good ball-park reference with keeping in mind what they may have told you

Rejected today post II....this one hurts so bad, looks like no med school for me :( interviewed 1/25

Rejected today post II....this one hurts so bad, looks like no med school for me :( interviewed 1/25
I am SO sorry to hear this! Don't beat yourself up at all! I hope that you can find a great opportunity for this year, apply again, and get that acceptance!

I have still heard nothing back, but I guess there is no chance of acceptance if they are not giving any more interview invites?

I was accepted yesterday and still have yet to receive an email about any details. When should I expect to get an email?

Also how strict is their policy for the 8-page research paper in a humanities course?

I was accepted yesterday and still have yet to receive an email about any details. When should I expect to get an email?

Also how strict is their policy for the 8-page research paper in a humanities course?

In your shoes I would for sure start a dialogue with Admissions about your course. I actually submitted multiple papers to them before we settled on one that just about scraped the writing requirement. Mostly because I actively selected against courses that had such writing requirements so I had to dig deep..:shifty:

But maybe my experience doesn't reflect anyone else's. Regardless, id still shoot the Admissions folks an email if you have any doubts.

My email came about 2.5 weeks after my acceptance call. I was worried it was a fluke!

Hey all, I'm a current M1 here at UW and just wanted to make myself available if anyone wants info/has questions about life at UWSMPH. With the approaching second-look days and the April final decision date, feel free to ask/DM me any questions about the curriculum and such.

In your shoes I would for sure start a dialogue with Admissions about your course. I actually submitted multiple papers to them before we settled on one that just about scraped the writing requirement. Mostly because I actively selected against courses that had such writing requirements so I had to dig deep..:shifty:

But maybe my experience doesn't reflect anyone else's. Regardless, id still shoot the Admissions folks an email if you have any doubts.

Thanks for the advice! What do you mean by ‘scraped’? :) I don’t want to seem annoying by stretching too far with them haha

Thanks for the advice! What do you mean by ‘scraped’? :) I don’t want to seem annoying by stretching too far with them haha

I guess what I should have said is that the papers weren't perfect, but the admissions folks were just about content with what I had to show.
And to be honest, the lady I spoke with was super super helpful and receptive to email communication. That was my concern too but they understand that you're trying to make sure you've got everything in order especially given how varied college writing course requirements can be.
Honestly I think it'll be okay for you to ask them

Has anyone gotten an invite to / heard anything about the Office of Multicultural Affairs Extended Second Look?

Has anyone gotten an invite to / heard anything about the Office of Multicultural Affairs Extended Second Look?

Yes I did and I will attend. The extended look program runs from April 4th till April 7th. My understanding is that it's put on by the Office of Multicultural Affairs so you can contact them about it.
The deadline to contact them is Monday 18th so I'd do it fast. Otherwise I also have the info in my email and could send you a PM on here about it.

Edit: Clarity

Yes I did and I will attend. The extended look program runs from April 4th till April 7th. My understanding is that it's put on by the Office of Multicultural Affairs so you can contact them about it.
The deadline to contact them is Monday 18th so I'd do it fast. Otherwise I also have the info in my email and could send you a PM on here about it.

Edit: Clarity
Thank you for offering -- that would be great! Please PM me.

Is there anywhere to see what our schedule for the extended second look will look like or if anybody has info on the schedule? Trying to see how much free time I will have to check out places to live and the city.

So waitlist decisions might come out this week, if anyone cares to freak out or speculate with me :eek:

How did you hear of your waitlist spot?

I got an email this morning. It said that they are informing candidates who are on the Regular MD alternate list. Hope this helps!

Also - does anyone know if there's any sort of second look day for students accepted off the WL in May? If I got in I would be torn between UW and another school, so a second look would be extremely helpful

I got an email this morning. It said that they are informing candidates who are on the Regular MD alternate list. Hope this helps!

Also - does anyone know if there's any sort of second look day for students accepted off the WL in May? If I got in I would be torn between UW and another school, so a second look would be extremely helpful
Crossing my fingers for you kattylite! :)

Top 5 Waitlist spot. Hoping we don't have a repeat of 2015 when 0 applicants were accepted from the waitlist...

Just got a call this evening for a full COA scholarship! Was accepted all the way back in Dec and had assumed I had been passed over for scholarship money awhile ago.

Reactions: 4 users
So yesterday I found out where I’m ranked for OOS alternative list. Top 20s. What is the likelyhood of getting off it? I’ve been looking at past data and making voodoo statistics to make me feel like there’s hope. I heard some years no one came off and others where they accepted 15-20 OOS. What’s your take on it bc I’m in limbo here and this school is my dream school!

Top 5 waitlist oos