2018-2019 Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they started sending out II yet ?

Members don't see this ad.

for the course list, do we just need to add the courses that meet the minimum requirements?

Members don't see this ad :)
also what if i have a lab that counts are orgo and also gen chem and also bio chem

Just curious . What lab is that ?:)

I had a class called "Advanced Integrated Experimental Chemistry" aka SuperLab that was the labs for P-Chem II (thermo), Inorganic, and Analytical all stuck together. Was not fun.

For the bio requirements, I have taken a lot of bio classes but got a B- in my intro bio course. When it says "covering cell bio and genetics" how do we know what fits the requirement? I have stuff like microbio, physiology, anatomy, evolution, etc which im sure has covered what they need but they arent explicitly genetics or cell bio courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long is it acceptable to wait for a secondary before I send an inquiry email/phone call?

Hello!

My application is marked complete under the "Status" tab (green check mark), yet there is no notification in the "communication status" tab and I did not receive an email. Should I call or does the green check mark trump all?

Hello!

My application is marked complete under the "Status" tab (green check mark), yet there is no notification in the "communication status" tab and I did not receive an email. Should I call or does the green check mark trump all?

I did receive a complete email right after submitting, so depending how long it's been for you, it might be worth following up.

II just now! Complete 8/13

Reactions: 4 users
GUYS invited to interview here as well today... O_O whaaat

Reactions: 3 users
when were you complete?

EDIT: our stats are basically the same and I was considering now applying but now I gotta rush haha
I was complete 8 days ago! so I think you have time :) haha

Reactions: 1 users
Hey does anyone know the generic link to the portal? The one I have copied leads me to a system error

How long did it take to receive the secondary?

Do you guys think that a 2 week vacation in November is worth mentioning for the 'significant limited availability' question?

too late to send in a primary here?

II received 8/29/18, complete 7/25/18

According to reddit, Brown has a 70% acceptance rate for interviewees, so congrats to those with interviews!!! Still haven't heard anything from them yet.

II ! :') I am so happy! so many people told me not to bother with Brown and I'm glad I poured my story into every secondary question - what a gift

Reactions: 6 users
anyone here interviewing on 9/21? :hello:

According to reddit, Brown has a 70% acceptance rate for interviewees, so congrats to those with interviews!!! Still haven't heard anything from them yet.

Keep in mind that that very high post-interview rate probably includes PLME students that still have to go through the formal AMCAS process and interview even though they are practically guaranteed a seat (someone correct me if I am wrong). Probably affects post-interview acceptance rates at many other schools as well (the ones that have linkage and/or early assurance programs).

Anyone know if we can leave our luggage somewhere the day of the interview?

II just now! Complete 8/31, Lizzy M-70. :)

I feel like this school just skipped over all the apps before the end of July and went straight to August

Reactions: 6 users