2018-2019 Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any current students here that I could talk to about the MD-ScM program? Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any current students here that I could talk to about the MD-ScM program? Thank you!!
Are you already admitted to AMS? They sent out that list of current students a couple months ago and a lot of them said they were in PCPM and happy to answer questions!

for waitlisted folks, how do you access the financial aid link to upload documents? I am looking at my portal but can't find it

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected this morning. Too bad, was my "state school", but realistically my MCAT/GPA wasn't up to par.

Why haven't I heard anything? Just send me the R already smh

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when Alpert will release the next batch of decisions once they finish the last February interviews? I'm on the waitlist since way back and I really want to come here, so I'm just trying to get a sense of their timeline :)

Does anyone know when Alpert will release the next batch of decisions once they finish the last February interviews? I'm on the waitlist since way back and I really want to come here, so I'm just trying to get a sense of their timeline :)

According to Brown: "We will be assessing the status of all wait listed and accepted applicants over the coming months; keep in mind we interview through mid-February 2019, and therefore it won't be until then that we are able to look at our wait list in its entirety. We will of course remember you as the wait list starts to move! This usually happens all at once around the common-response deadline (April 30), but we do occasionally make some offers before then."

I think that's all the info we have. Likely the most movement will be early May based on that.

According to Brown: "We will be assessing the status of all wait listed and accepted applicants over the coming months; keep in mind we interview through mid-February 2019, and therefore it won't be until then that we are able to look at our wait list in its entirety. We will of course remember you as the wait list starts to move! This usually happens all at once around the common-response deadline (April 30), but we do occasionally make some offers before then."

I think that's all the info we have. Likely the most movement will be early May based on that.

Thank you! When I read that email on decision day, Idk why I misinterpreted that the waitlist could start moving after mid February! sorry about the confusion :)

Members don't see this ad :)
No news is good news I am hoping lol - also complete really late though so might be the case

Pre-II R today, not even sad just glad they finally got to my app haha

Finally axed pre-II, feels good cleaning up my secondaries spreadsheet not gonna lie

trying this again :dead:

waitlisted folks, how did you access the financial aid link to upload documents??

thank you! is our AMCAS ID our banner ID #?

No it's different, you can find it in your account info if you click the change password thing in the regular portal, it'll show your username, banner id, and brown id which are all different

No it's different, you can find it in your account info if you click the change password thing in the regular portal, it'll show your username, banner id, and brown id which are all different
thank you!

Does anyone know how many (if any) acceptances they give from the waitlist before April 30th? It seems like they might give some acceptances after completion of all interviews and before April 30th.

Does anyone know how many (if any) acceptances they give from the waitlist before April 30th? It seems like they might give some acceptances after completion of all interviews and before April 30th.
Only an adcom member can answer your question with authority.
However, as per responses from last years waitlist acceptance tracker, 5 out of 5 reported waitlist acceptances at brown happened in the first half of May.

What makes you think that they may look at the waitlist before April 30? Are you talking about the part in their letter that says that may extend offers before then or do you have an insider's scoop? I wish we could flash forward in time, really want to come here!

Can a current student describe what a typical day looks like for a first-year? Thanks in advance!

Anyone waiting for PCPM decisions / know when they might come out?

Only an adcom member can answer your question with authority.
However, as per responses from last years waitlist acceptance tracker, 5 out of 5 reported waitlist acceptances at brown happened in the first half of May.

This is a super helpful resource, thank you!

What makes you think that they may look at the waitlist before April 30? Are you talking about the part in their letter that says that may extend offers before then or do you have an insider's scoop? I wish we could flash forward in time, really want to come here!

I was only referring to that part of the letter!!! No insider's scoop here:( Looking forward to hearing a final answer from these guys in ~2 months!!

Accepted today after being waitlisted in December! So surprised and excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted from the waitlist! Guys I can’t believe it!

Reactions: 2 users
Have they released decisions for the PC-PM program yet?? Said they'd be sent around mid-March.

I helped my friend write a strong LOI last week. He had been waitlisted for months and this was his top choice, he was accepted two days later- just thought I’d put this out there to give any waitlisters hope and confirm that they seem responsive to LOI!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to PC-PM program by email today! Originally accepted to MD in December