2018-2019 Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cutting it pretty close to this March 15th deadline.... cmon washu just tell us already

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm guessing we'll hear something at 11:59 PM tomorrow night *laughs... starts hysterically laughing... starts to cry*

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m still holding out hope that some more acceptances might go out tonight/tomorrow, but I’m not counting on it.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone been waitlisted at all?

From what I've seen so far there have been nothing but acceptances reported. I'm guessing they release all waitlists and rejections at the same time. Which in this case seems to be tomorrow since they said by March 15th. I doubt they're gonna update us today since it's late already and considering match day is tomorrow they're probably busy with that stuff.

From what I've seen so far there have been nothing but acceptances reported. I'm guessing they release all waitlists and rejections at the same time. Which in this case seems to be tomorrow since they said by March 15th. I doubt they're gonna update us today since it's late already and considering match day is tomorrow they're probably busy with that stuff.
That's what I figured. Can't wait for another disappointment :)

I think I remember Dean Ratts saying that there are no post-interview rejections and that they just waitlist everybody. Am I remembering incorrectly?

I think I remember Dean Ratts saying that there are no post-interview rejections and that they just waitlist everybody. Am I remembering incorrectly?

I don't remember hearing this and it also seems ridiculous since they interview so many people... I might be wrong though. Vandy said this though so maybe you're confusing the two?

I don't remember hearing this and it also seems ridiculous since they interview so many people... I might be wrong though. Vandy said this though so maybe you're confusing the two?

Vandy definitely does post-interview Rs. Multiple friends of mine have been rejected post-interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t interview at Vandy, but I could definitely be wrong. It does seem like too many people to put on a waitlist.

I don’t remember that but a cursory look through last year’s thread didn’t show any rejections. I think they just waitlist everyone

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They interview a lot but have a very low yield so I wouldn't be surprised

Do we think they will tell you if you're one of the 20 people who would have gotten in except for the curriculum change?

(and yes, I know it's probably more like 50 or 60)

Reactions: 4 users
Do we think they will tell you if you're one of the 20 people who would have gotten in except for the curriculum change?

I doubt it since those people will probably just be on the waitlist as well. Maybe they'll be higher priority on the waitlist or something though.

That would be way worse than just getting the R lmao

Reactions: 3 users
468.jpg

Reactions: 23 users
WashU finish me already :(

Reactions: 8 users
WashU finish me already :(
not to be that person.....but I was going through my interview folder last night and the official letter says they’ll have decisions out by March 30. I interviewed really early though, so perhaps later interviewees got a better update?

not to be that person.....but I was going through my interview folder last night and the official letter says they’ll have decisions out by March 30. I interviewed really early though, so perhaps later interviewees got a better update?
WashU sent an email on 2/18 saying that everyone would receive a decision by 3/15. I'm assuming they sent that email to everyone.

Anyone have the guts to call the admissions office and see if it will actually be today

Reactions: 2 users
It’s their match day, I’m assuming everyone who is involved with calling is at that so any potential calls would be later

Waitlisted just now... I’m collecting them at this point.

I’ll be declining. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted as well :p hahaha. I figure they need to make sure they accept enough 515+s to offset my <10th percentile score. lol

WL! Three in a row lol

Just got waitlisted email a minute ago

Waitlisted. This was the last school I was waiting to hear back from so at least now I can make my decision

WL... well... guess I've got some more waiting to do... keep your heads up everyone! A ton of people get off the waitlist!

woop woop WL here as well. Are they just waitlisting everyone here?

I’ve seen you guys everything this year. It was a pleasure going through this cycle with y’all haha

You changed your username right? I remember pming you about uchicago and feinberg (if I'm thinking of the wrong person my bad). But yeah it's been a long cycle and it's been nice having all you supportive people to stress along with me :p

Beware the ides of March they said... WL here as well