2018-2019 Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wowza, opened my portal to an II!!!! Complete 7/19. No dates are listed as available though, so I'll call admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who had to wait for more dates to go up, any idea of how frequently they are uploaded/where WashU is scheduling to? Last I saw on here was December. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Kind of regretting not applying here. I saw the absolute deadline to submit the secondary is 12/31. But practically, is it too late to apply? LM 77 OOS with decent ECs

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a different response from admissions regarding no available interview dates and what we should do? It's been over a week and there aren't any dates up for interviews

Having same issue.. I'm just waiting it out :/

For everyone waiting to schedule interviews..I randomly checked & December 14th was available so I took it without even flipping to January, but there may be dates available now!

For everyone waiting to schedule interviews..I randomly checked & December 14th was available so I took it without even flipping to January, but there may be dates available now!

Just checked and I still dont see any dates. Anyone else having any luck?

going to interview soon--any current students have any food/fun recommendations? i'll be arriving a bit early the day before.

going to interview soon--any current students have any food/fun recommendations? i'll be arriving a bit early the day before.
I interviewed recently and went to Pappys Smokehouse BBQ which was amazing!! It won national BBQ competitions. Also Ted Drewes for frozen custard

Reactions: 4 users
Are acceptances going to begin to be sent out this week? I feel like I remember the admissions committee mentioning they would start at the beginning of November, just no idea what to expect. Good luck to everyone who has applied/interviewed!

Are acceptances going to begin to be sent out this week? I feel like I remember the admissions committee mentioning they would start at the beginning of November, just no idea what to expect. Good luck to everyone who has applied/interviewed!
I think they start mid-November (MSAR lists Nov 15). Last year the first acceptances were sent out the Thursday before Thanksgiving, which is Nov 15 this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview they told us it would be very few sent out this early. The majority will be towards the end of the cycle.
I think they start mid-November (MSAR lists Nov 15). Last year the first acceptances were sent out the Thursday before Thanksgiving, which is Nov 15 this year.

Thank you for the help! I noticed the November 15th date on MSAR as well, was just curious how that aligned with what the people on interview had to say. Seems like a lot of schools might be pushing back the majority of their acceptances this year as people hopefully narrow down their choices and either withdraw/send in LOIs. Either way, looking forward to following this thread with everyone and fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else that interviewed here get an email from admissions about sling health?

I got the email! I interviewed there last week. Anybody know what it means...?

I interviewed here in early October and did not receive the email. I know that Sling health is their med/bio-tech entrepreneurship organization. Not sure why some received the email and others didn't.

Just got an II (after an ITA). Unfortunately the date they offered me was the same day as my other interview. Does anyone know if I'll just be interviewing for the waitlist if I interview in January? They have some openings in December but that's right during my finals week so I'm debating whether to forget about my finals (since most of them are take-home) and go interview :/

Just got an II (after an ITA). Unfortunately the date they offered me was the same day as my other interview. Does anyone know if I'll just be interviewing for the waitlist if I interview in January? They have some openings in December but that's right during my finals week so I'm debating whether to forget about my finals (since most of them are take-home) and go interview :/

No, a ton of students I met during interview day said they interviewed in Jan.

Did you send the ITA in an email or upload it in the portal?

The first interview day was the 19th of September

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! Just got the call. See y'all in St. Louis!!!!!
Congrats! You are going to have to change your handle from plzletmeintomedicalschool to ThankYouForLettingMeIntoAnAwesomeMedicalSchool. You must be on Cloud 9.

Has anyone else received a call today? If not they must have only accepted a handful of people.

+1 Acceptance call just now. It was one of my interviewers. Interviewed 10/17.

Reactions: 8 users
+1 acceptance call just now :) Interviewed 10/10. Call from admissions (not one of my interviewers). Scholarship information should be available in ~1 month, according to the person who called!

Reactions: 6 users
+1 acceptance call just now :) Interviewed 10/10. Call from admissions (not one of my interviewers). Scholarship information should be available in ~1 month, according to the person who called!

They called on a Saturday??????

Congrats to those accepted! I hope i hearhear soon considering i interviewed only a week later

Reactions: 2 users
Any thoughts on whether another round of calls will come this Thursday?

Any thoughts on whether another round of calls will come this Thursday?
I hope/think so. Last year, offers went out the Thursday before Thanksgiving to a portion of the people that interviewed in September. The earliest wave of October interviewee acceptances seemed to occur in mid-December last year. Based on the past few years, you could still get accepted even if you don't hear back in the first waves.

Accepted omg!!!! Thought I wouldn't get in anywhere, lol. Interviewed 10/11! Forgot everything the person who called me asked me to do tho and now I'm too scared to call back going "hey so I didn't hear a single thing you said..." lol

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted omg!!!! Thought I wouldn't get in anywhere, lol. Interviewed 10/11! Forgot everything the person who called me asked me to do tho and now I'm too scared to call back going "hey so I didn't hear a single thing you said..." lol
Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, did you get the call today?

No worries at all—I got the call around 1:30 PM EST today! And thank you!!! Best of luck to you :)

Just out of curiosity, what's your LizzyM? Did you go to a top 20 undergrad? Just trying to get an idea of what they're accepting right now.

Did anyone who interviewed in September get an acceptance yet? WashU is one of my top schools!!

My LizzyM is 83 and I'm a senior at an Ivy (but not HYP)!
Congratulations on being accepted to WUSM!! I am so happy for you! I interviewed at WashU in September, and I haven't heard back from them. What did they tell you when they called you? And do you see any changes in your portal?