2018-2019 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know around when we would hear back about financial aid?

Members don't see this ad.

During my interview, we were told that 30-40% of the class (class of 2022) came from the waitlist
I wonder if they only accepted 106 people last year too or if that’s a new policy

Do we have any more details regarding second look? I'd like to book my flights soonish...

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have any more details regarding second look? I'd like to book my flights soonish...

When I called admissions yesterday said they were finalizing details but they said registration will probably start around 12:30 Friday

Reactions: 1 user
Does most of the class go to second look? I have a vacation coming up with my family around that weekend and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to make it

Update regarding the class of 2023 facebook page; The class council decided not to make one till final decisions are out in April(?). The idea is to limit the random's that join the fb, matriculate elsewhere but continue to stay in the fb page. There are a few in ours from last year. If you have any specific questions you can always ask any of the admission ambassadors in the interview packet.

Does most of the class go to second look? I have a vacation coming up with my family around that weekend and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to make it

I don't know about most of the class but a lot of people attended second look last year. If you're still deciding between schools I always recommend attending the second look for those schools. I would have matriculated elsewhere had I not gone. If you're intent on matriculating then you should honestly just go on vacation with your family. Most of the first year bonding happens during the camping trip in orientation anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So I emailed the financial aid office last Wednesday and they still haven’t gotten back to me.... is this usual?

Any way for us to check online to see if all our financial aid documentation has been received, including CSS profile and FAFSA?

Any way for us to check online to see if all our financial aid documentation has been received, including CSS profile and FAFSA?
I just called and the financial aid office told me that if you've uploaded your documents via their file system, they've definitely been received. She said they will email us with confirmation only once a human has physically downloaded the documents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what kind of health insurance Cornell offers and what’s covered by it?

Has anyone gotten a financial aid package yet? I emailed them my stuff last week and they said they were going to work on getting things out starting this week or next week
I never heard back from them after sending mine last week. I assumed it wouldn't be until after April 1 since that's when it's due, but I have no idea.

Has anyone gotten a financial aid package yet? I emailed them my stuff last week and they said they were going to work on getting things out starting this week or next week

I called yesterday to check because I didn't get a confirmation about submitting my tax documents and they said at the earliest, they were planning on getting them out starting mid-late next week.

I don't know about most of the class but a lot of people attended second look last year. If you're still deciding between schools I always recommend attending the second look for those schools. I would have matriculated elsewhere had I not gone. If you're intent on matriculating then you should honestly just go on vacation with your family. Most of the first year bonding happens during the camping trip in orientation anyway.

Ooh, can you talk more about the camping trip? The acceptance email just had a single dedicated to it ("pre-orientation cAMP tentatively scheduled from the 17th to 19th") and I couldn't find anything online.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else get an email about the Dean's Diversity Scholarship?

Does anyone know whether cornell has always initially accepted only enough to fill its class size?

I received that email, maybe those with FAP and secondary waiver? That scholarship would have me doing cartwheels. Is debt-free still on the table then?

For people who received an email about that scholarship, do we have to submit completion of the online loan counseling before the 25th to be considered? I’ve submitted everything else

For people who received an email about that scholarship, do we have to submit completion of the online loan counseling before the 25th to be considered? I’ve submitted everything else
I would complete it, but I'm not sure that it is necessary. Just before we borrow loans. It only takes a few minutes to complete though.

We don’t need to complete the online loan counseling until we get our aid packages. Submitted everything but that and got an email from the FA office saying that my application is complete for now

Just a heads up--I called and they said they are behind on being able to send completion emails for financial aid since they aren't fully staffed but they are working on it!

Withdrew my acceptance - best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if the debt-free thing is actually happening this year?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the debt-free thing is actually happening this year?
not sure, but if they do they'll probs announce it by mid april-ish anyway to maximize their yield before that april 30 deadline so we'll know soon enough

We don’t need to complete the online loan counseling until we get our aid packages. Submitted everything but that and got an email from the FA office saying that my application is complete for now
What all did you submit to be complete?

What all did you submit to be complete?
FAFSA, CSS, monthly resource expense form, aid type request form, 2017 tax returns, proof of citizenship (need to show this to the office in person eventually but for consideration of the dean’s scholarship I was told I need to submit an electronic copy via secure transfer in the interim)

There were other things on the checklist that didn’t apply to me so I’d go to their website and see what other forms apply to you

FAFSA, CSS, monthly resource expense form, aid type request form, 2017 tax returns, proof of citizenship (need to show this to the office in person eventually but for consideration of the dean’s scholarship I was told I need to submit an electronic copy via secure transfer in the interim)

There were other things on the checklist that didn’t apply to me so I’d go to their website and see what other forms apply to you
Proof of citizenship?what did u submit to prove this? Is this a special case for you?
Also, what's a monthly expense form? I haven't seen this anywhere?

The financial aid office told me I was compete and I didn't submit those two things (citizenship and expense form)

Proof of citizenship?what did u submit to prove this? Is this a special case for you?

The financial aid office told me I was compete and I didn't submit those two things (citizenship and expense form)
Each individual may have slightly different forms to complete. For me, I had to include the parental info waiver and two letters supporting, but did not have to include those others. You're fine.

Yeah you might not have to submit these things, I think the forms everyone has to submit are a little different depending on your situation. The FA office will eventually send you an email with what they’ve received from you and what they still need so I’d just go off of that

What's WCMC's CSS code?

Yeah you might not have to submit these things, I think the forms everyone has to submit are a little different depending on your situation. The FA office will eventually send you an email with what they’ve received from you and what they still need so I’d just go off of that
I still haven’t received any confirmation from the financial aid office, but I want to be considered for the scholarship due today. Should I contact them?

I still haven’t received any confirmation from the financial aid office, but I want to be considered for the scholarship due today. Should I contact them?
Just call and confirm that they have all your documents!

Does anyone know when financial aid packages usually come out?

I wonder if they only accepted 106 people last year too or if that’s a new policy
Hey I realized I misspoke! I found out recently that this year they accepted more than 106 people in March so I apologize for the confusion!

I'm not sure if in previous years they only initially accepted 106-- I could just be misremembering something an upperclassman told me.

Hey I realized I misspoke! I found out recently that this year they accepted more than 106 people in March so I apologize for the confusion!

I'm not sure if in previous years they only initially accepted 106-- I could just be misremembering something an upperclassman told me.
sadness for us WLs... thank you so much for the response though!
would you happen to know when WL waitlist movement will start? will it be in may-june like previous years or will it start earlier as the acceptance protocols are changing (April 15th vs April 30)?

sadness for us WLs... thank you so much for the response though!
would you happen to know when WL waitlist movement will start? will it be in may-june like previous years or will it start earlier as the acceptance protocols are changing (April 15th vs April 30)?
I doubt any of us have the answers to that, but there were a lot of people at revisit last year. If it's any consolation, I met a lot of people at second look I didn't see in the fall. A size-able portion of the class came from the waitlist.

got ya, hopefully WL movement is still strong this year like last years