2018-2019 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Enter the name(s) and institutional affiliation(s) of evaluators who will send letters individually to AMCAS, not as part of a packet. List only letters from the three most relevant sources. If you are submitting a premed packet or a packet through a Careers Office, enter only the school's name."

i have a committee letter. does this mean i only put my school name unter the "evaluator name" and leave the affiliation blank?

Members don't see this ad.

"Enter the name(s) and institutional affiliation(s) of evaluators who will send letters individually to AMCAS, not as part of a packet. List only letters from the three most relevant sources. If you are submitting a premed packet or a packet through a Careers Office, enter only the school's name."

i have a committee letter. does this mean i only put my school name unter the "evaluator name" and leave the affiliation blank?
That's what I did

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Incoming MS1 here and would be happy to answer any questions you have about Cornell as the process plays out! Good luck everyone you will all do wonderfully!!

Reactions: 1 users
What did you guys do if the course number doesn't fit? Put the department or the number by itself?

I never experienced a situation like that, but I would recommend just typing up however much you can, starting from department number until max limit of the course number.

Does anyone know if the admissions committee is lenient on the writing requirements?

My two courses were a writing abnormal psych course (classified as a writing class by my university), and a philosophy class which is writing intensive. My worry is that I don't have an english lit class which they supposedly require because I wasn't planning on taking that GE until spring semester (but Cornell requires that prereqs are finished by Fall).

Did you ask and get any word back on that? I'm on a similar boat

@zimzamzoop I think its more about competency. so if you've taken two courses that your school either calls a writing class or that is writing intensive by nature then I would list them

Yeah so I called and they said any class classified as a writing course by your university will automatically count. In terms of english literature, the answer they gave me was pretty ambiguous but overall they said they were pretty lenient with requirements so i went ahead and listed a different class where all grades were writing assignments. Hopefully they accept them, but if not, I can't really do much about it now.

Hi all,

For the MSTP application, do you have to complete all questions including the MSTP only question?

Thanks!

Any idea when II start coming out, and if the school is receptive to ITA emails?

Any idea when II start coming out, and if the school is receptive to ITA emails?

They're for sure receptive since they sent me a form email saying they would consider my ITA request and add it to my file!

Edit: I haven't gotten an II to be clear.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
They're for sure receptive since they sent me a form email saying they would consider my ITA request and add it to my file!
Sweet, I'm flying to the east coast for another interview in a couple months so I'll send them an email tomorrow.

Sweet, I'm flying to the east coast for another interview in a couple months so I'll send them an email tomorrow.
I sent them an ITA email yesterday, received a nice response today saying they had noted it in my file.

ii just now! They honored my ITA request so I'm super grateful to save some $$ + also to interview at this dope school (complete 7/10)

Reactions: 3 users
ii just now! They honored my ITA request so I'm super grateful to save some $$ + also to interview at this dope school (complete 7/10)

Oh wow that's awesome! I have an interview in upstate NY later. I might send them an ITA request to package the two interview's together. Congrats!

II! My ITA request was honored as well, which is shocking from a top school.

II! Complete mid July, OOS, LizzyM > 80. I had previously sent them an "In the area" email as well.

Do regular Cornell MD students (NOT MD/PhD) have access to research opportunities at Memorial Sloan?

Anyone else having trouble finding info about medical student research opportunities on their website?? I'm getting "page not found" when I try to click a link that should talk about their research opportunities.

Last edited:
Exciting to see so many folks that sent ITA requests got an interview. I'll be back in New England in October so hopefully I hear something from WCMC before then!

Do regular Cornell MD students (NOT MD/PhD) have access to research opportunities at Memorial Sloan?

99% sure yes. I know of multiple MD students who did research at Rockefeller, which is the other affiliated institution.

I think Columbia and Mt. Sinai are

Edit: Also Einstein
I called Sinai and Einstein about this today and they said to upload a document to the secondary and email admissions, respectively.

II today as well! I sent an ITA email within the past few days; this quick turnaround is super impressive. WCMC admissions team, if you're reading this: thank you for being so accommodating!

Reactions: 1 users
For those that received an II - did you get an email? I just happened to check my portal and the status page says "Please contact our Office of Admissions to schedule an interview" and gives the admissions email - but I never received an email or anything inviting me to interview.

For those that received an II - did you get an email? I just happened to check my portal and the status page says "Please contact our Office of Admissions to schedule an interview" and gives the admissions email - but I never received an email or anything inviting me to interview.

Yeah, I got an email but looks like congratulations might be in order for you!

Yeah, I got an email but looks like congratulations might be in order for you!

Did you schedule yours via email or was there a page on the portal to select dates? Mine literally ONLY has that message and nothing else.

Did you schedule yours via email or was there a page on the portal to select dates? Mine literally ONLY has that message and nothing else.
Email had dates that were available and there’s also info on scheduling other dates/sending in photo

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the portal? I'm getting a refused connection error

Did anyone who sent an ITA request and a subsequent interview get a response back saying it was added to your file? Or just directly the interview? Seems like this is their nice way of telling me I won't get an II lmao

Did anyone who sent an ITA request and a subsequent interview get a response back saying it was added to your file? Or just directly the interview? Seems like this is their nice way of telling me I won't get an II lmao

I first received a reply saying it had been added to my file and then an interview 1-2 days after that. There's definitely hope!