altblue

5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone who has sent an ITA that has been successful - how long did it take Cornell to get back to you?

heybatterbatter

2+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone who has sent an ITA that has been successful - how long did it take Cornell to get back to you?
Same question. Submitted an ITA last week on Monday (9/10) for the second week of October. No response yet besides an acknowledgement.

Reactions: geriatricluver
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you all! I sent mine at the end of last week so I'm hoping to at least receive acknowledgement soon.

Reactions: tanbrucewayne

URMfemaleMPH

issa
2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2016
Status
For anyone who has attended this interview - does Cornell offer student hosting at all? Or do we have to book a hotel/Air BnB?

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys, random question... So I had to drop my english class that I'm taking this semester because it didn't work out with my schedule. This means that I only have one completed and won't complete the two required by january. Do you think this is okay if I tell them much later (if I get into the school). I am planning on completing the second one but during the spring semester...
I would just call and ask. If it's a strict deadline you could look into a fall or winter course at a local CC

May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I am about to send an ITA, I am responding to the main address, but I'm also not sure if this is right. Also do we mention the school we have received the other II at?

Jul 16, 2017
I'm about to send an ITA letter to a school I have no business in contacting. Let's see how this goes, lol.

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
For people who sent an ITA, did you send it to their main address or the application update email?
I sent it to their update address [email protected]. I got an automated response saying it was added to my file, but otherwise total silence since (about a month ago). So I think I did it right but to no benefit.
Edit: to add, include the email body as a pdf attachment as well as in the body of the actual email

I am about to send an ITA, I am responding to the main address, but I'm also not sure if this is right. Also do we mention the school we have received the other II at?
I wouldn't mention the school, just say you will be in the area

Avada Cadaver

Mad scientist
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Hey everyone :). Sending good vibes to everyone who's interviewing and those still waiting to hear back. It might be a little early but I wanted to update y'all, WCM is planning on making an announcement in 2019 about debt free tuition, so keep your eyes peeled.

It took them 8 months to respond to my ITA email lol... I interviewed on their penultimate week and got accepted two weeks later. So don't fret if they aren't immediately receptive to your ITA!

p.s- Feel free to msg me any questions you have and I'll do my best to get back to you.

Last edited:

thegoatis11

2+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
It might be a little early but I wanted to update y'all, WCM is planning on making an announcement in 2019 about debt free tuition, so keep your eyes peeled.
Pardon the panic but, ???????????how do you know this???????????

Reactions: labscience

manohman

2+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2014
Hey everyone :). Sending good vibes to everyone who's interviewing and those still waiting to hear back. It might be a little early but I wanted to update y'all, WCM is planning on making an announcement in 2019 about debt free tuition, so keep your eyes peeled.

It took them 8 months to respond to my ITA email lol... I interviewed on their penultimate week and got accepted two weeks later. So don't fret if they aren't immediately receptive to your ITA!

p.s- Feel free to msg me any questions you have and I'll do my best to get back to you.
excuse my ignorance! but whats the difference between debt free tuition and free tuition?

Avada Cadaver

Mad scientist
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Pardon the panic but, ???????????how do you know this???????????
It was in our student council meeting between the Dean and med students.

excuse my ignorance! but whats the difference between debt free tuition and free tuition?
I take it to mean it'll be more in line with what Columbia is doing, as opposed to NYU's straight up no tuition. We don't know much as of yet, but I'll update when we find out more. That said, I found WCM's existing financial aid to be very generous. They are very loose in defining financial need; I received more from them than any of my instate options, and it was almost on par with full tuition scholarships I received from other schools.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone sent an update letter (new pubs, etc) to Cornell? Their portal doesn't seem to have an option to do so, and I can't find any info on their admissions page about their update letter policy. Is anyone better informed than I am?

Aug 11, 2018
Has anyone sent an update letter (new pubs, etc) to Cornell? Their portal doesn't seem to have an option to do so, and I can't find any info on their admissions page about their update letter policy. Is anyone better informed than I am?
+1

Oct 19, 2018
Hi. Does anyone know the policy on sending updates? If you sent an update, was it via email? Thanks!

Sheiko

2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2016
East Coast
Status
Has Cornell sent out rejectiobs to MD applicants yet? Or do they wait until the end if the cycle?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Jul 15, 2018
Has Cornell sent out rejectiobs to MD applicants yet? Or do they wait until the end if the cycle?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
They're not rolling admissions, so they don't send decisions until March

Jan 8, 2018
For those of you who sent ITA requests, how long did it take Cornell to respond? It's been over a week now since I got the acknowledgement email.