2018-2019 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who sent ITA requests, how long did it take Cornell to respond? It's been over a week now since I got the acknowledgement email.

For me never.... Sent one and they ignored it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Same! I sent it on 10/10 and Cornell never replied (for MSTP). They probably looked at it and were like swerve! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same! I sent it on 10/10 and Cornell never replied (for MSTP). They probably looked at it and were like swerve! :laugh:
I'm not sure how in the area works for MSTP. I heard from my MD/PhD classmates, there are only three interview dates for MSTP applicants, and the first batch of MSTP applicants interviewed on the week of the 5th, so they probably couldn't accommodate you in time.

I'm not sure how in the area works for MSTP. I heard from my MD/PhD classmates, there are only three interview dates for MSTP applicants, and the first batch of MSTP applicants interviewed on the week of the 5th, so they probably couldn't accommodate you in time.
I actually said I would be in town just before the last interview date for MSTP, but maybe they're still evaluating my batch. Who knows. :luck:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
II recently!! Complete late July. Available dates were in Nov.

Reactions: 6 users
II earlier - complete early July. Don’t lose hope!!

Reactions: 15 users
Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?
Open file for both! Both of my interviewers (faculty and student, although some people have two faculty) were very familiar with my application and had read the whole thing

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Cornell receptive to an ITA email?

II today! Complete late July.

Reactions: 3 users
If I live on the east coast is it even worth it or stupid to send an ITA email?

+1 anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I *think* they only want post-II updates-- I only saw instructions for doing so after I sent in my thank-you notes, where it says to email them back at that address

Does anybody know how far into their interview cycle they are?

I *think* they only want post-II updates-- I only saw instructions for doing so after I sent in my thank-you notes, where it says to email them back at that address
FYI, in my complete email it says:
"You may send us occasional, substantive application updates if appropriate. Please send any such updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMCID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email. Please do not include other queries or information in the email; questions should be directed to our main email address."
It looks like they do accept pre-II updates for whoever is interested.

Reactions: 1 users
FYI, in my complete email it says:
"You may send us occasional, substantive application updates if appropriate. Please send any such updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMCID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email. Please do not include other queries or information in the email; questions should be directed to our main email address."
It looks like they do accept pre-II updates for whoever is interested.

So if we send a pre II update do you think we should send it to that email address as well? Thanks in advance!

got an II today! complete mid August

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats! Did you send in any updates? What dates are available? :)

Thank you :) I did not send in updates. First and second week of December were available

II yesterday, sent my order of preference for interview slots immediately, but still no response. They said they'd respond in 1 business day. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Reactions: 4 users
II yesterday, sent my order of preference for interview slots immediately, but still no response. They said they'd respond in 1 business day. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Complete date?

Does anybody know if Cornell will take additional letters of recommendation, and if so, how they should be sent in?

What days were available?

+1 What days do they interview, thinking about sending an ITA email but only if it makes sense with their interview days

According to the II email, they interview on Tuesdays & Thursdays from Sept to Feb.

II a couple hours ago, really excited! Complete 8/8, LM~75. I sent an ITA back in early October.

Congrats bro! Were they receptive to your ITA email?

Thanks!

Kind of, I guess? They responded to my email acknowledging that they noted the dates I would be in town, but offered me interview dates ~1-2 weeks after. I'm unfortunately going to have to travel back but I'm happy to do it

II last night. LM 76 and complete mid-August

Can anyone who has scheduled an interview tell me how long it took for the scheduler to send you a confirmation email? I sent my preferences Tuesday night when I got the II and they said a response would be sent in one business day (neuroticism intensifies)

Can anyone who has scheduled an interview tell me how long it took for the scheduler to send you a confirmation email? I sent my preferences Tuesday night when I got the II and they said a response would be sent in one business day (neuroticism intensifies)
Same, still waiting for confirmation; glad it's not just me :)