May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
For those of you who sent ITA requests, how long did it take Cornell to respond? It's been over a week now since I got the acknowledgement email.
n =1, got an II the day after the acknowledgement email, but I saw some others got it a week later

Reactions: reddyice

ExcitatorySynapse

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
For those of you who sent ITA requests, how long did it take Cornell to respond? It's been over a week now since I got the acknowledgement email.
For me never.... Sent one and they ignored it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Same! I sent it on 10/10 and Cornell never replied (for MSTP). They probably looked at it and were like swerve! :laugh:

Reactions: br2pi5

Avada Cadaver

Mad scientist
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Same! I sent it on 10/10 and Cornell never replied (for MSTP). They probably looked at it and were like swerve! :laugh:
I'm not sure how in the area works for MSTP. I heard from my MD/PhD classmates, there are only three interview dates for MSTP applicants, and the first batch of MSTP applicants interviewed on the week of the 5th, so they probably couldn't accommodate you in time.

ExcitatorySynapse

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm not sure how in the area works for MSTP. I heard from my MD/PhD classmates, there are only three interview dates for MSTP applicants, and the first batch of MSTP applicants interviewed on the week of the 5th, so they probably couldn't accommodate you in time.
I actually said I would be in town just before the last interview date for MSTP, but maybe they're still evaluating my batch. Who knows. :luck:

Last edited:

hannakm

Weill Cornell 2023!!
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?
Open file for both! Both of my interviewers (faculty and student, although some people have two faculty) were very familiar with my application and had read the whole thing

Reactions: modernnarwhal24

nostra_damus

2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anybody know how far into their interview cycle they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 29, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I *think* they only want post-II updates-- I only saw instructions for doing so after I sent in my thank-you notes, where it says to email them back at that address
FYI, in my complete email it says:
"You may send us occasional, substantive application updates if appropriate. Please send any such updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMCID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email. Please do not include other queries or information in the email; questions should be directed to our main email address."
It looks like they do accept pre-II updates for whoever is interested.

nostra_damus

2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
FYI, in my complete email it says:
"You may send us occasional, substantive application updates if appropriate. Please send any such updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMCID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email. Please do not include other queries or information in the email; questions should be directed to our main email address."
It looks like they do accept pre-II updates for whoever is interested.
So if we send a pre II update do you think we should send it to that email address as well? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PB&

Jun 21, 2018
II yesterday, sent my order of preference for interview slots immediately, but still no response. They said they'd respond in 1 business day. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Complete date?

Nov 5, 2018
Does anybody know if Cornell will take additional letters of recommendation, and if so, how they should be sent in?

syn1

2+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
+1 What days do they interview, thinking about sending an ITA email but only if it makes sense with their interview days
According to the II email, they interview on Tuesdays & Thursdays from Sept to Feb.

Reactions: LimXa

br2pi5

5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anybody know if Cornell will take additional letters of recommendation, and if so, how they should be sent in?
Also wondering the same thing!

May 27, 2018
Congrats bro! Were they receptive to your ITA email?
Thanks!

Kind of, I guess? They responded to my email acknowledging that they noted the dates I would be in town, but offered me interview dates ~1-2 weeks after. I'm unfortunately going to have to travel back but I'm happy to do it

Jul 1, 2018
Can anyone who has scheduled an interview tell me how long it took for the scheduler to send you a confirmation email? I sent my preferences Tuesday night when I got the II and they said a response would be sent in one business day (neuroticism intensifies)

kbrownie

2+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Can anyone who has scheduled an interview tell me how long it took for the scheduler to send you a confirmation email? I sent my preferences Tuesday night when I got the II and they said a response would be sent in one business day (neuroticism intensifies)
Same, still waiting for confirmation; glad it's not just me :)

Reactions: HLA-E