2018-2019 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone knows current open dates for interviews?
The dates they recently offered were right before Christmas in December and early January!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II ! Very unexpected, happy with this blessing! I was complete in mid to late July (closer to late I believe)

Reactions: 3 users
II, mid Dec dates avail. Early and mid Jan dates also avail.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they give any kind of preference to Cornell undergrads?

Absolutely not lol if anything it’s harder to get in if you went to Cornell undergrad (it’s my alma mater). Usually accepting like 2-3 cornellians a year. Last year was an outlier with like 11 cornellians accepted or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know where to send thank you notes to interviewers? Did they give us contact info for them anywhere or tell us to send to the admissions email?

Anyone know where to send thank you notes to interviewers? Did they give us contact info for them anywhere or tell us to send to the admissions email?

I sent mine to the admissions staff member who scheduled my interview (not sure if it's the same person each day), and she kindly passed it on to my interviewers. I think emailing [email protected] also works!

jumping on the R train. LM 70, complete late july. good luck to everyone else!

I have an interview coming up here. I also have a few updates which might be relevant. Should I send in updates before the interview or after the interview?

For people that interviewed for the Tri I MD PhD, does anyone remember exactly what day we're supposed to hear back? People remember Olaf saying 12/10, but the website says 12/12. Has anyone called to ask at some point since they interviewed?

For those who received interviews in the last week or so, what was the earliest date available?

Can someone describe the interview day? And the interview process?
Favorite interview so far. It was evident that both my interviewers took a lot of time to read my app and ask thoughtful questions about my experiences. Although it also Made me realize that most of my other interviewers at other schools clearly did not

Reactions: 2 users
Favorite interview so far. It was evident that both my interviewers took a lot of time to read my app and ask thoughtful questions about my experiences. Although it also Made me realize that most of my other interviewers at other schools clearly did not
I felt the same when I interviewed, super nice and well-researched interviewers, really made me feel good about potentially coming here

Can someone describe the interview day? And the interview process?
If you're talking more about the logistical aspects, the interview day is split into morning and afternoon sessions so your schedule differs depending on which you choose. For morning interviewees, you'll get an email saying what time to show up by for your interviews. I'd get there at least a few minutes earlier than the designated time though because the time they give you is probably about when your first interview is. They also only had bars/snacks so if you're a breakfast person I'd eat before coming.

Two interviews that can be with a physician/PhD/M4/admissions officer, the length of the interview depends on your interviewer's style but mine were both ~30 minutes and mainly about my AMCAS/how i grew up/why weill and nyc/path to medicine.

After your two morning interviews there are just conversational presentations/sessions with different presenters about the school (eg. Dean, Office of Diversity) + lunch with current students and tour of the school. The afternoon interviewees join you for these and have their interviews after the campus tour.

Reactions: 1 users
Complete early August and nothing but silence. Anyone else in the same boat? The anticipation is killing me!

I was complete in early Sept and sent an ITA for mid January and they said they basically said they will probably not get to my app by then

Withdrew today, had an II for January. Good luck all!

Reactions: 8 users
if i was complete late july and haven't heard anything yet...should i assume i've been silent rejected?

Reactions: 5 users
Is Weill Cornell still giving out MD interviews? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how late IIs are sent out? All I found on the website was “early spring”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
RIP, R Today. Radio silence since July. LM 70, WARS 77, not surprised, lol.

Did you receive an email or check the portal?
Also you have great stats and I am sure youll be great :)
Thanks friend, 'twas by email. I'm accepted elsewhere, just have no business going to an Ivy, haha.
Cheers!

rejected last night, complete in July. good luck everyone!

people who have received Rs, were you all early July or late July? I was complete since late July and am just waiting for the R. Submitted an update last week which was acknowledged

people who have received Rs, were you all early July or late July? I was complete since late July and am just waiting for the R. Submitted an update last week which was acknowledged
what do you mean by acknowledged? I sent one as well (just yesterday) and haven't received any confirmation

II about an hour ago, 4 dates in the middle of January! Ecstatic, this was one of my top choices!

Reactions: 5 users