2018-2019 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my secondary about a month ago, should I call and ask for an update?

They say it may take about 8 weeks. I have submitted mine 9/17. Still have not heard from them.

Reactions: 1 user
What does it say? Application under review?

It's been a little over 5 weeks for me. Sorry I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Accepted today! Any Facebook group for class of 2023?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ya'll. I wanted to post because I was so nervous like a lot of you waiting on a response from admissions, and wanted to share my experience
Stats: cGPA: 3.6, sGPA: 3.4 (I had done school for 1 year with a GPA of 2.5 due to family/medical issues, took a year off and then restarted my bachelors graduating with a 3.65) MCAT: 498 (I was devastated and I knew this would hold me back). I was very nervous.
I do have very very strong letters (12 letters, 1 of them being DO) and ECs - this really helped my application and during my interview they were impressed.

I was complete in October. I received an email from the Dean asking me to explain if I was going through any struggles during that 1 year I did poorly - I was so happy that they wanted to get to know my story and I happily explained, they added that to my application.
I got an email that they needed to verify my residency - so they put me on decision deferred. That decision deferred stayed on my portal till I interviewed - they told me that is normal, as I asked them about it.

A week later, I received an Interview Invitation, and I was so happy.
Interviewed: 11/26
Accepted: 11/27
I was called by admissions the day after, and I happily accepted. They really do look at your application holistically and they want to see your passion for osteopathic & rural medicine. I was blown away by the school, faculty and students.

Good luck to anyone applying, and are still waiting. I know its not easy, the stress and uncertainty but just keep that faith and it will come soon. Please do let me know if you have any questions :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I also interviewed on 11/26 and was accepted the following day. I've been so impressed with this school. They really go the extra mile to get to know you and help you out in any way they can. I've talked to alumni, current students, and staff outside of the interview process and everyone has had glowing reviews. I'm really excited!

3.37 cGPA 3.8 sGPA 501 mcat complete early November. It's been almost 3 weeks. Anxiety is building up. Gotta love this process.

anyone know the comlex scores and match data for the some recent years? asking because it's a little hard to interpret on the website and i know they give you a lot of that info on interview day

anyone know the comlex scores and match data for the some recent years? asking because it's a little hard to interpret on the website and i know they give you a lot of that info on interview day

you can check this
msopti.wvsom.edu/msopti_forms_match_data

3.37 cGPA 3.8 sGPA 501 mcat complete early November. It's been almost 3 weeks. Anxiety is building up. Gotta love this process.

Buckle up friend, My application has been under review since September

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think it is too late to submit an application here? Thanks in advance for your input!

Do you guys think it is too late to submit an application here? Thanks in advance for your input!

we don't ultimately know, but go for it, i'd guess that you'd still have a fair chance in the game

Nope! They interview right up into March accepting people who interview that late, so definitely submit your app

Any recommendations on where to stay for interviews?

If you call with the numbers they provide you, it's like this overall company that coordinates all the hotels out there. I talked the guy on the phone for a good 20 minutes and he helped me find the cheapest, nicest place within walking distance. I'm staying at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg

Just a lil plug for a room at my house on Airbnb... lol. We have a decent house and a nice little room and private bathroom. I’m a first year and wanted to give a cheaper option to people and help interviewees out. But I’m happy to help people prepare or give tours or answer any questions about the school. I moved out here from utah and was deciding between a few different schools so I know the process. Here is a link if you wanna stay here... but if anyone just has questions in general, I’d be happy to help!
https://abnb.me/ov3qjoQDhS

If you call with the numbers they provide you, it's like this overall company that coordinates all the hotels out there. I talked the guy on the phone for a good 20 minutes and he helped me find the cheapest, nicest place within walking distance. I'm staying at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg

Thank you! That was where I was looking.

Just a lil plug for a room at my house on Airbnb... lol. We have a decent house and a nice little room and private bathroom. I’m a first year and wanted to give a cheaper option to people and help interviewees out. But I’m happy to help people prepare or give tours or answer any questions about the school. I moved out here from utah and was deciding between a few different schools so I know the process. Here is a link if you wanna stay here... but if anyone just has questions in general, I’d be happy to help!
https://abnb.me/ov3qjoQDhS

Haha, it's booked for the day of my interview, unfortunately. but thank you!

There's also an AirBnB called "Robin's nest" I stayed with her last year and she is so wonderful! I'm not sure if it's booked or not for your interview but check and see! Definitely way cheaper than a hotel for sure.

how does checking the box on the secondary app that groups together people who have minor traffic tickets with felons effect my chances? Still haven't heard anything been almost 4 weeks. (stupid 18 year old self getting a minor traffic conviction of going 15 mph over the speed limit).

how does checking the box on the secondary app that groups together people who have minor traffic tickets with felons effect my chances? Still haven't heard anything been almost 4 weeks. (stupid 18 year old self getting a minor traffic conviction of going 15 mph over the speed limit).

As long as it a minor traffic violation you should be fine. I got a ticket last year (going 91 in a 65) and I was accepted. Good luck!

As long as it a minor traffic violation you should be fine. I got a ticket last year (going 91 in a 65) and I was accepted. Good luck!
Thank you, I'm just wondering how much harshly they look at your app with that box checked and not even asking for an explanation. They might think I have committed a major crime or something. My stats are borderline as is and I applied kind of late so in just starting to get worried and thinking the worst.
Thank you for the reassurance!

Thank you, I'm just wondering how much harshly they look at your app with that box checked and not even asking for an explanation. They might think I have committed a major crime or something. My stats are borderline as is and I applied kind of late so in just starting to get worried and thinking the worst.
Thank you for the reassurance!
Yeah, I would not worry too much about the ticket. You just haven't been complete for too long, so it will most likely be a bit until they review your app. I have been complete since late September and am hoping to hear back soon. Good luck, man! The process is real.

My application was placed on hold today. Do I have any chance at an interview here or does this basically mean I’ve been rejected?

So I checked my status today and saw that letters were posted on 11/30 and according to the FAQ ones submitted through aacomas aren't posted until an II is sent but I haven't received an II, should I call them and ask about it or wait a bit first?

placed on hold (decision deferred) today. Subsequently received an email with my requirements showing a deficit in physics (i have yet to take physics II, but plan on enrolling for the spring semester). is there a chance this played a role in being placed on hold, and is it worth it to email admissions to clarify this with them?

Place on hold today too.
Did anyone ever got an interview after being on hold?

I just submitted my DO letter yesterday and am praying for an interview! This school is amazing. I went to their recent open house and was blown away by the whole experience. Good luck to all! Hope to labor through school with you at WVSOM!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just put my deposit down yesterday and am starting to think about housing. Does anyone know about what the most common places to live are/if anyone is looking for roommates? Honestly on the fence about living alone vs. with a roommate and looking for someone to shed some light. Do people usually find roommates on SDN or is there somewhere else?

Just put my deposit down yesterday and am starting to think about housing. Does anyone know about what the most common places to live are/if anyone is looking for roommates? Honestly on the fence about living alone vs. with a roommate and looking for someone to shed some light. Do people usually find roommates on SDN or is there somewhere else?
Hey! Im about to submit my deposit as well. Do you know if there is a fee if we use a credit card? I know other schools allow e-checks to avoid the fees usually associated with using credit cards. Thanks!

I too will be looking for housing soon!