2018-2019 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed on Friday with no response yet.

Another student showed me how to check how many people were in my class. I counted each individual name on the portal and we have 205 right now. The max (based off previous classes) is 214.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Another student showed me how to check how many people were in my class. I counted each individual name on the portal and we have 205 right now. The max (based off previous classes) is 214.
Thank you for doing this! It’s encouraging that even if nobody else was to drop their acceptance, there is still the potential for 9 more people to be accepted.

Update: got a very generic reply saying there has been steady movement and more "Steady" movement is expected in the coming weeks. That's all I got. Whether that response brings hope is questionable

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: got a very generic reply saying there has been steady movement and more "Steady" movement is expected in the coming weeks. That's all I got. Whether that response brings hope is questionable
"Steady" movement is better than them saying they expect none I suppose. Did you email Danny or somebody else from admissions?

Update: talked to admissions. Was told movement for waitlist has been sluggish. There may still be opportunities for our Alternates; however, it is difficult to predict.

Update: talked to admissions. Was told movement for waitlist has been sluggish. There may still be opportunities for our Alternates; however, it is difficult to predict.

Was it Kim LaBrie/Annette Moore you spoke to? Or did you talk to Danny Seams? Did you ask about reapplying or just the current waitlist situation? And thanks for sharing this!

Was it Kim LaBrie/Annette Moore you spoke to? Or did you talk to Danny Seams? Did you ask about reapplying or just the current waitlist situation? And thanks for sharing this!

Just Annette and just regarding the current waitlist. And you’re welcome anytime.

welp... time to make an MCAT schedule and start moving forward

welp... time to make an MCAT schedule and start moving forward
At this point it's probably a good idea for all of us who haven't been accepted to start thinking about reapplying. That being said though, there has been some recent comments that keep me optimistic for more movement to happen. I wouldn't lose all hope just yet :)

Also, I've read in past threads that some WL applicants are offered deferred acceptances at the end of the cycle. Does anyone have additional information on this?

At this point it's probably a good idea for all of us who haven't been accepted to start thinking about reapplying. That being said though, there has been some recent comments that keep me optimistic for more movement to happen. I wouldn't lose all hope just yet :)

Also, I've read in past threads that some WL applicants are offered deferred acceptances at the end of the cycle. Does anyone have additional information on this?

I agree. I received a response from them not too long ago that stated "We expect there may still be additional opportunities for our alternates". These opportunities could be anything... and anything is possible, so lets hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Danny mentioned it depends on how many there are left and quality of applicants that are left.

I feel like we should make a support group for everyone going through this stress. Alt List Anonymous? ;) I'll bring the refreshments!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like we should make a support group for everyone going through this stress. Alt List Anonymous? ;) I'll bring the refreshments!
The ALA. Seems legit.

Another note: Here comes another week! Maybe THIS is the week lol

I can't believe I'm writing this right now but I just got accepted off the AL. I'm going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 12 users
Congrats, what were your stats?
Thanks my dude! WA resident, 3.6 sgpa, 495 MCAT and a ton of community involvement which I think played in my favor with the school's mission.

I interviewed in January and was placed on the AL 2 weeks later. Sent a letter of intent about 1 month after that and made sure to notify the school with updates to express my continued interest which I also think kept me in the running to get pulled off the list.

Thank you! literally half way through an MCAT biochem practice passage when I got the call haha

Congrats! My best friend was accepted today too! Glad to see some waitlist movement! Hopefully there’s some more to come!

Thank you! literally half way through an MCAT biochem practice passage when I got the call haha
This is so epic man, congrats bro honestly. This is the perfect story to tell people someday:laugh:

So it looks like 2 people were accepted today...is it safe to say they're officially done now? I doubt they'll be pulling in July and this is the second to last Tuesday of the month. I'd assume they'd seal the deal and call up the last students together which they may have just done:(

This is so epic man, congrats bro honestly. This is the perfect story to tell people someday:laugh:

So it looks like 2 people were accepted today...is it safe to say they're officially done now? I doubt they'll be pulling in July and this is the second to last Tuesday of the month. I'd assume they'd seal the deal and call up the last students together which they may have just done:(
Who's to say the other people they called who are not on SDN have ACCEPTED the offer? There may be more seats. It's not over until the second week of July. I'll lose 100% hope then haha

TILL THEN: there's still Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Stay strong. We are on the same sinking boat lol

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, I received the acceptance call from the waitlist this morning! I interviewed 2/28 and my stats are 497 MCAT and 3.62 cGPA and sGPA. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone interested in rooming with us? Need one more person for 3 bedroom.

Update: I know most of you are a nervous wreck like me due to being on the AL. The anxiety sucks but stay positive guys. I just got off phone with admissions. They are still looking to fill a few seats and apparently Dean has been out of office so they can't make a decision without him.

Reactions: 3 users
Update: I know most of you are a nervous wreck like me due to being on the AL. The anxiety sucks but stay positive guys. I just got off phone with admissions. They are still looking to fill a few seats and apparently Dean has been out of office so they can't make a decision without him.
Thanks for the info! By dean do you mean Danny since the Dean left?

Yes it was a call. I didn’t recognize the name of the person. I was actually on the middle of an MCAT prep course when I got the call

Congrats! I know two others that got called today! I think the guy is new maybe? I’ve never heard of Ronnie Collins until today. Any who, I can’t wait to meet everyone in a few weeks!

Congrats! I know two others that got called today! I think the guy is new maybe? I’ve never heard of Ronnie Collins until today. Any who, I can’t wait to meet everyone in a few weeks!
The previous Director of Admissions, Gwen, left WVSOM recently. I believe Ronnie is the new Director. Danny is the Assistant Director (great guy). Just thought I'd help out to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
How do you know if two others got called today? And do you know their stats. Ronnie Collins sounds familiar. I looked his name up, he’s from pikeville osteopathic school.

How do you know if two others got called today? And do you know their stats. Ronnie Collins sounds familiar. I looked his name up, he’s from pikeville osteopathic school.

There is a Ronnie at the Osteopathic med school in Pikeville. We also have a Ronnie at WVSOM. He is new. Also, I know a ton of people and I stayed in touch with the members from my interview group. The two others that got called today interviewed in March with me lol

Reactions: 1 user
There is a Ronnie at the Osteopathic med school in Pikeville. We also have a Ronnie at WVSOM. He is new. Also, I know a ton of people and I stayed in touch with the members from my interview group. The two others that got called today interviewed in March with me lol
Ah gotcha thanks for the update. When did you interview again?

I think this Ronnie is the one from Pikeville. Maybe he relocated.

For those that have been accepted these past few weeks, how quickly did you have to submit the deposit? Also was it $2000 and then an additional $1000 a week later?

Would you be able to do another count for us:nailbiting: also what day did you interview in March?