2018-2019 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today, OOS, not sure about the complete date, 3.6/509.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get a complete email or will it be updated on the portal

I didn't get a complete email. Also my portal wasn't updated until after I got the II invite.

Reactions: 1 user
I
I didn't get a complete email. Also my portal wasn't updated until after I got the II invite.
I submitted secondary on 07/25 but still nothing. i am losing hope although i know it has been only two weeks. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Last edited:
Secondary received!!! Submitting tonight!!

WV, I wanted to say thank you for holding the secondary fee until receipt of interview. You are a model for all medical schools. This gives me a great vibe.

Reactions: 4 users
Secondary submitted 7/23, received II email 3 or 4 days later, and have my interview scheduled for 09/27. The whole process is very much one of hurry up and wait, but it will be worth all the nervousness.

I

I submitted secondary on 07/25 but still nothing. i am losing hope although i know it has been only two weeks. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

I submitted mine on 7/24 and got the invite 8/3. I am a re-applicant. Posted my stats a few entries back. Decent GPA, low MCAT

Just hang in there, sometimes it takes them a while

I submitted mine on 7/24 and got the invite 8/3. I am a re-applicant. Posted my stats a few entries back. Decent GPA, low MCAT

In state or out of state?

Not to be rude to anyone but does it REALLY take that long to review an app? I got a secondary on 7/27 (disciplinary questions received),submitted it on 7/30, and it still says my application is “under review”. Is there something else I should be seeing outside of these two items (letters of rec, mcat, etc)? They’re all on aacomas so I can’t imagine there being any mixup

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Not to be rude to anyone but does it REALLY take that long to review an app? I got a secondary on 7/27 (disciplinary questions received),submitted it on 7/30, and it still says my application is “under review”. Is there something else I should be seeing outside of these two items (letters of rec, mcat, etc)? They’re all on aacomas so I can’t imaginr there being any mixup
I feel your pain

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to be rude to anyone but does it REALLY take that long to review an app? I got a secondary on 7/27 (disciplinary questions received),submitted it on 7/30, and it still says my application is “under review”. Is there something else I should be seeing outside of these two items (letters of rec, mcat, etc)? They’re all on aacomas so I can’t imaginr there being any mixup
the only thing I can say is that one of the ADCOMs from another school posted about the process and how it is different at every school and many have complicated ranking systems that determine the order in which you are reviewed, so depending on the school it can be dependent on much more than just early submission, although it obviously helps. I definitely would not lose hope, it has been just over a week and some schools say they can take up to 3 months to complete your file. I believe only the 2 items show up, but I could be wrong. Best of luck, I am sure you will hear back soon.

Not to be rude to anyone but does it REALLY take that long to review an app? I got a secondary on 7/27 (disciplinary questions received),submitted it on 7/30, and it still says my application is “under review”. Is there something else I should be seeing outside of these two items (letters of rec, mcat, etc)? They’re all on aacomas so I can’t imagine there being any mixup

WVSOM is a great school and has a wonderful admissions staff. I'm sure they are working hard and doing their best. If you submitted on 7/30, then that is just 8 days, so really it's not that long. Many schools have taken much longer to send me the complete email. I just received one from another school today that took 7 weeks. Not to be rude, be we sometimes forget it's not all about us....they have MANY applicants that they are filtering through, so just be patient. It's a long interview cycle! And with WVSOM, there is nothing that shows other than the 2 items until they offer you an interview.

Best of luck with your cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
WVSOM is a great school and has a wonderful admissions staff. I'm sure they are working hard and doing their best. If you submitted on 7/30, then that is just 8 days, so really it's not that long. Many schools have taken much longer to send me the complete email. I just received one from another school today that took 7 weeks. Not to be rude, be we sometimes forget it's not all about us....they have MANY applicants that they are filtering through, so just be patient. It's a long interview cycle! And with WVSOM, there is nothing that shows other than the 2 items until they offer you an interview.

You’re the best! And you’re right there are SOOO many good applicants. It’s just more nerve wracking I guess, which I hope everyone can relate too

Lol, did not at all realize the DO requirement. Submitted my secondary and everything. Good luck to you guys!

Today I checked AACOMAS portal and realized that for the school specific questions I had put "yes" for one of the disciplinary action questions by accident. I emailed the admission officer asking her to correct my mistake lol. I'm freaking out!

Today I checked AACOMAS portal and realized that for the school specific questions I had put "yes" for one of the disciplinary action questions by accident. I emailed the admission officer asking her to correct my mistake lol. I'm freaking out!
You will be fine. They will understand its just a careless mistake. Good thing you caught it though!

Secondary received and submitted today. OOS. After researching about this school and learning about their programs and opportunities that we could as a medical student, I am very excited about this school. One of my top choices for sure at the moment. Love the international opportunity!

For some reason ALL of my questions were marked yes. There's NO WAY I had all of those. I just emailed them so fingers crossed. Thank you all for the heads up! I would've never thought of checking AACOMAS if not for all of you.

This has happened to several people, I think there was some kind of glitch that changed them because it happened to me too and I double checked all of those disciplinary questions because some of them put them on opposite sides.

This has happened to several people, I think there was some kind of glitch that changed them because it happened to me too and I double checked all of those disciplinary questions because some of them put them on opposite sides.

Agreed I just checked my primary app and I also had “yes” marked for the disciplinary actions question.

When you completed your supplemental, we’re there still items listed in the checklist? The disciplinary questions and supplemental are listed with received dates. But I’m not sure if those are when they received them or when I received them from the school?

When you completed your supplemental, we’re there still items listed in the checklist? The disciplinary questions and supplemental are listed with received dates. But I’m not sure if those are when they received them or when I received them from the school?

Those were the only things listed until I received an II. I'm pretty sure those are the dates they received them.

Sent the secondary on August 1st. Is it still too early to be wanting to hear an II?

Sent the secondary on August 1st. Is it still too early to be wanting to hear an II?
Yeah don’t get too bummed out just yet, they seem to be sending them out on only Tuesdays.

Does WV give everyone a secondary if they meet the bare minimum? and is it true that they've accepted people with as low as 490 in the past?

Does WV give everyone a secondary if they meet the bare minimum? and is it true that they've accepted people with as low as 490 in the past?

Haven't heard about them accepted people with a 490 but as long as you have a 490 and minimum GPA (I think its 3.0) pretty sure you get a secondary

Completely missed that they require a DO letter, is there I a chance I can interview without one and get it later in the process? in other words should I bother applying

Completely missed that they require a DO letter, is there I a chance I can interview without one and get it later in the process? in other words should I bother applying
they said on their website if u dont have a DO letter when u apply, thats fine too but when u get an offer of acceptance u have 30 days to submit a DO letter. I applied without a DO

they said on their website if u dont have a DO letter when u apply, thats fine too but when u get an offer of acceptance u have 30 days to submit a DO letter. I applied without a DO
Awesome, thanks! I just had someone email me about submitting a DO letter so I wasn't sure if its possible to apply without one but thats great.

Awesome, thanks! I just had someone email me about submitting a DO letter so I wasn't sure if its possible to apply without one but thats great.
oh wait... im so sorry that information was about VCOM... i guess im screwed since I didnt submit a DO letter...

From the WVSOM website:

"Once an applicant has completed the supplemental application, we review the application to make sure the applicant has had all required letters of recommendation submitted on their behalf (a D.O. physician letter & a pre-med faculty letter are both required). If the applicant is missing one of these, we will let them know. We will not be able to move forward with the review until these letters are submitted."

Has anyone seen any statistics on what percentage of applicants get interviews? I know it's based upon individual applicant qualifications, but I can't imagine that the overall group MCAT and GPA change that much from year to year.

Here is what I found for 2016:
4995 Applicants
525 Interviews
435 Accepted
205 Enrolled

I'm trying to gather these stats for a YouTube video on the topic of admissions.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any statistics on what percentage of applicants get interviews? I know it's based upon individual applicant qualifications, but I can't imagine that the overall group MCAT and GPA change that much from year to year.

4995 Applicants
525 Interviews
435 Accepted
205 Enrolled

I'm trying to gather these stats for a YouTube video on the topic of admissions.
Wow, that is a high percentage of accepted from the interview pool. Is this common for most medical schools?

Wow, that is a high percentage of accepted from the interview pool. Is this common for most medical schools?
Ehh, it depends on the school really, some schools are like this but other schools can be as low as 25% of the interviewees accepted. Hope this helps!

Reposting this. Anyone interviewing on Friday, October 5, 2018 from NJ/Philly or the tri-state area?

If anyone is interested in maybe car pooling message me!! I am trying to figure out plans now.

submitted 07/25 and still nothing. not even a complete email....
I am worried this is a silent rejection

4995 Applicants
525 Interviews
435 Accepted
205 Enrolled

@WVFiddleGirl what video did you find this statistic in?