2018-2019 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dont sleep on the Greenbrier State Forest. Its more hilly than the river trail but the views at the top of Kate's Mountain are cool. Also its closer than the other places he mentioned (other than the river trail).

I climbed Kate’s mountain and couldn’t see anything because there were so many trees blocking views. Is there an actual lookout point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is? Coming from a 7 hour drive away and don't want to get my hopes up.

I climbed Kate’s mountain and couldn’t see anything because there were so many trees blocking views. Is there an actual lookout point?

At least when I went there was a cleared out area where there was an overlook, yeah

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is? Coming from a 7 hour drive away and don't want to get my hopes up.

Here is what I found for 2016: It would appear that 13% of applicants were interviewed. About 80% of those interviewed were accepted, yet about 230 of that 435 did not enroll for whatever reason. I found no data suggesting the number of those 435 acceptances that were from deferred initial decisions, but those are the official numbers from the 2016 WVSOM Annual Report.

4995 Applicants
525 Interviews
435 Accepted
205 Enrolled

I hope that helps. If you would like to read that 2016 report, just Google the search terms above and you should find it with no problem.

is decision deferred pretty much the rejection from them? or they send out rejections too?

I got a "decision deferred" email from this school this week. I guess I was missing some documents but can't tell if it's a waitlist either.
did you figure out why you got a decision deferred. Are we supposed to reach out and ask why?

Interview invite today

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send out a complete email? I know I turned in my app close to the end of July but it still says “under review”

I interviewed Monday and it was amazing. Really hoping for good news

Reactions: 1 users
I got a "decision deferred" email from this school this week. I guess I was missing some documents but can't tell if it's a waitlist either.
I think the waitlist process only applies after the interview.

does anybody know the likelihood of moving forward after a deferment?

Hey everyone! I want to submit to submit my secondary tonight but I am having trouble answering the final question o the essay portion concerning living, working, or visiting rural areas. I have never worked or lived in a rural area, but I have visited some rural areas, but not in the US. Should I talk about that or is that not a good answer? thanks

When did you submit? Stats if you don’t mind sharing?

Surely
Secondary submitted 8/29.I submitted the payment in early Aug but forgot to submit the secondary haha
(3.2 uGPA, smp 3.7 graduate cGPA, 504 / 512 MCAT, 2000+ hrs clinical work as an IONM)

Reactions: 1 user
Can you give us any insight about the interview process?

It was super relaxed. More conversational. The whole day is really nice, and everybody was super nice and helpful. The interview was with 3 people, one doctor, one basic sciences prof, and an admissions staff member.

@premedmommyx2 what does Pre II hold or deferment mean?

I am interviewing in November and kind of nervous now. Would you mind sharing your stats?

@premedmommyx2 what does Pre II hold or deferment mean?

I am interviewing in November and kind of nervous now. Would you mind sharing your stats?

It just means your application hasn't been rejected, but it is on hold for future review. Pre II just means it was prior to being offered an interview. I am working on an update now for admissions

Anyone else getting a weird error when they try to log into portal?

Edit: never mind it's resolved now.. I was hoping they were updating my portal, but nope...

Anyone else get an email from them saying: "We are pleased you have submitted your application for our consideration. We want to assure you that your application is still under consideration, and we will continue to update you regarding your status." I submitted my secondary back in July and still haven't heard back, maybe that's why

II this morning! But now I have to pay for the secondary

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else get an email from them saying: "We are pleased you have submitted your application for our consideration. We want to assure you that your application is still under consideration, and we will continue to update you regarding your status." I submitted my secondary back in July and still haven't heard back, maybe that's why

Yeah, I received the same email. Not sure what that means haha. "We have your application. Sorry we haven't accepted or rejected you yet"

Hey everyone! I want to submit to submit my secondary tonight but I am having trouble answering the final question o the essay portion concerning living, working, or visiting rural areas. I have never worked or lived in a rural area, but I have visited some rural areas, but not in the US. Should I talk about that or is that not a good answer? thanks
Hi! I got an II and I wrote about visiting a rural area outside of the US many times. I think all the matters is that it meant something to you and you can explain how that will impact you as a med student/physician :)

Hi! I got an II and I wrote about visiting a rural area outside of the US many times. I think all the matters is that it meant something to you and you can explain how that will impact you as a med student/physician :)
Hey thanks for the reply! I submitted that day and talked about that! Hoping for some love from this school (or basically any school really).

Interviewed September 10th and still nothing. Anyone have any idea when they send acceptances? I thought they said check the portal within a week and a half and there's still nothing there for me