2018-2019 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha totally fine, thanks! Did you interview with Julian?

No! Julian was out that day, but I have pestered him to death. LOL He has been amazing to work with through the whole admissions process.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!! Danny Seams called me about an hour ago. I interviewed yesterday as well.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats on everyone that was accepted. I was curious if WVSOM made any comments about their board scores while y’all where interviewing? Their website makes it seem like their first time pass rate was only 87% which I felt was pretty low. Did they say anything about them?

No, I found it odd that they didn't even have a presentation before the interview day like most other schools to go over normal things like history, stats/figures, rotation sites, etc....

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know about decision deferred? Any chance of getting an II?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know about decision deferred? Any chance of getting an II?
i was told by Julian that it is basically a pre-rejection unless you have significant updates that would allow a re-review.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on everyone that was accepted. I was curious if WVSOM made any comments about their board scores while y’all where interviewing? Their website makes it seem like their first time pass rate was only 87% which I felt was pretty low. Did they say anything about them?

School aggregate board scores are a crap statistic that's why. Every med school in the nation will give you the tools to do well on boards, it's ultimately on YOU to put in the time. Study your butt off and you will have no problem.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Int 9/27. I am so excited about this school!

Is anyone willing to share what their interview process was like? I am interested in rural medicine and am from Columbus, OH. I have not lived in a rural region for more than a year. I have done mission work and have worked in a town region but not specifically rural. I want to emphasize that I do want to put underserved first and am very interested in rural medicine. Not sure if those may be against me. Thanks! :)

3.7 sGPA 3.4 cGPA 501 MCAT ORM. not too late too apply, is it? Im waiting on a letter of rec from an MD and then ill send out my primary.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone willing to share what their interview process was like? I am interested in rural medicine and am from Columbus, OH. I have not lived in a rural region for more than a year. I have done mission work and have worked in a town region but not specifically rural. I want to emphasize that I do want to put underserved first and am very interested in rural medicine. Not sure if those may be against me. Thanks! :)

PM me, you're literally a spitting image of me lol

3.7 sGPA 3.4 cGPA 501 MCAT ORM. not too late too apply, is it? Im waiting on a letter of rec from an MD and then ill send out my primary.

Do you have a DO letter? If so, then I say you're good.

Members don't see this ad :)

I’m from Columbus too and was completely honest about what I wanted to do and they let me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did everyone’s portal change for decisions? Deferred, interview invite, rejected, etc? I’m still under review and just curious if that’s normal. I was complete 8/06.

I need to get one still... i was thinking of sending out my primary with everything except a DO letter and update it in like 2 weeks.

If you haven't gotten your primary sent and verified, you need to do that ASAP. DON'T waste any more time waiting on your letters because they can be added at any time. WVSOM is pretty strict on having a DO letter, so that is more important for them than a MD letter.

Did everyone’s portal change for decisions? Deferred, interview invite, rejected, etc? I’m still under review and just curious if that’s normal. I was complete 8/06.
I'm still under review as well. Curious to know the answer as well

If you haven't gotten your primary sent and verified, you need to do that ASAP. DON'T waste any more time waiting on your letters because they can be added at any time. WVSOM is pretty strict on having a DO letter, so that is more important for them than a MD letter.

I'm just hesitant about sending out my primary since I'm still waiting on my universities committee letter and the MD letter.
My transcripts have arrived and i filled out all of my supplemental info otherwise.
Would it be alright if I sent out my primary and just updated the committee/DO/MD letter after it gets verified?

I'm just hesitant about sending out my primary since I'm still waiting on my universities committee letter and the MD letter.
My transcripts have arrived and i filled out all of my supplemental info otherwise.
Would it be alright if I sent out my primary and just updated the committee/DO/MD letter after it gets verified?

This late I'm not sure how long it takes to get verified, but the sooner you have it done, the better. I sent my primary to be verified in June without an MD/DO or committee letter, but they came in during and shortly after that process. Just be sure that you have everything completed that can't be changed once it's verified. If you don't want to pay for multiple schools until you get your letters, then just have it sent to 1 school so you can get your verification started. You can always add schools after, but this is October, so waiting is not in your best interest IMO. Your stats are good, but the later you get the less seats there are and schools get pickier with acceptances.

Good luck!

Is there any movement off the hold for interview?

Accepted earlier this week! Interviewed last week. Very thankful and excited!

1st year here.....if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer. I can let you know what they're looking for with interviews. Good luck

I'm doing research for another YouTube video about getting into med school. Would you guys mind to tell me how many schools you applied to? Please include how many secondary applications you received, interview invitations, etc...
Thanks so much. :)

I'm doing research for another YouTube video about getting into med school. Would you guys mind to tell me how many schools you applied to? Please include how many secondary applications you received, interview invitations, etc...

I applied to 13 schools. I withdrew from 1, received 9 secondary apps, so far 3 interviews, 1 acceptance

Anyone else interviewing here next Monday (Oct 15) and want to meet and explore the town that Sunday?

I know this is late, but I finally broke down and created an SDN account.

OOS applicant, complete mid August. Interviewed on 09/28 and accepted 10/02. Good luck to all who applied and those who are already scheduled to interview. The campus is beautiful, the staff is incredibly welcoming, and overall the interview process was relaxed and fun. I had a great time just chatting with the other interviewees.

OOS applicant, complete mid August. Interviewed on 09/28 and accepted 10/02. Good luck to all who applied and those who are already scheduled to interview. The campus is beautiful, the staff is incredibly welcoming, and overall the interview process was relaxed and fun. I had a great time just chatting with the other interviewees.

Congratulations and welcome aboard! :) See you in July!

13 applications, 13 secondaries, 1 interview, one acceptance. All DO.

Hello interview friend! I interviewed that day as well and was accepted. Congrats!

Anyone who interviewed on 10/5 hear anything from the school?

Anyone that got accepted here willing to share their stats?
Also, any new II? :shy:

The first year I applied, I sent out 8 DO applications and 10 MD applications. I ended up getting 2 DO interviews and didn't get in to either school. The second year I applied to 9 DO schools and got 3 interviews. I was accepted to 2 schools.

The first year I applied, I sent out 8 DO applications and 10 MD applications. I ended up getting 2 DO interviews and didn't get in to either school. The second year I applied to 9 DO schools and got 3 interviews. I was accepted to 2 schools.

Thank you so much, and congratulations! :)

Anyone that got accepted here willing to share their stats?
Also, any new II? :shy:

MCAT in the same ballpark as yours, cGPA 3.98 sGPA 4.0, Applied to no M.D. schools, 3 D.O. schools, and got 3 IIs. I had1 rejection (not enough clinical experience), withdrew 1 application prior to interview, and had 1 acceptance (to WVSOM, which was certainly my first/only choice).

It looks like this question was asked but may have gotten lost in the shuffle.. about how long does it take after being complete to potentially get an II?