2018-2019 Western Michigan University (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school do pre-phone interview rejections? I just got the email that my app is now under consideration for a phone interview but I don't know if that means anything :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take from secondary application file completion to experiences review?
When I asked the adcom rep about the experiences review on the phone, he explained that the experiences review is a separate review from a secondary review.

Would any current WMed students be able to comment on what kinds of opportunities there are for med student research here?

Wondering about this too. Any WMed students here who can comment on research availability?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anybody else having trouble viewing the wmed website? I keep getting routed to a 404 error.

Campus II as well! Phone Interview was 8/29, OOS no ties, LM 72

I had a phone interview 8/29 too but didn’t get an II.

RIP me :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Experiences Review complete 8/29, so it has been 3 weeks now. Should I assume I'm out of the running for a Phone II?

Campus II this morning!! Phone interview on 9/12, IS, LM 72

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for you to get from application complete to experiences review?

Secondary Complete + Experiences Review Started both on 8/14
Experiences Review Completed 8/29

Silence since then.

Reactions: 1 users
Campus II today. OOS. LizzyM 72. Phone interview on 8/27 as well!

Surprising campus interview invite today, really thought I bombed the phone interview. Hopefully i can do better in person :)
Phone Interview 3 weeks ago

Reactions: 1 users
My portal says that a phone interview was offered yesterday but I didn't get an email. What do I do from here?

My portal says that a phone interview was offered yesterday but I didn't get an email. What do I do from here?

Can you schedule your phone II? If so, I would prob do that, and check your spam/promotion/etc folders

I couldn't schedule it on the portal so I called admissions and it turns out they sent an email which I did not receive (not in my spam, junk, etc). She resent it and I was able to get the phone II scheduled. Thank you for your advice!

Can you schedule your phone II? If so, I would prob do that, and check your spam/promotion/etc folders

I had the same thing happen and went to check my spam only to find a different II! Thanks for the reminder!!

Still can't find this phone II though...

I had the same thing happen and went to check my spam only to find a different II! Thanks for the reminder!!

Still can't find this phone II though...

Congrats on both! I would definitely call admissions as you need the email to schedule the phone II. I still haven't found it anywhere, must be some sort of glitch on their end.

just got a phone interview! OOS, LizzyM 70 - i was complete middle of July, so i thought i was rejected for sure at this point. don't lose hope!!!

Reactions: 6 users
my experience review was complete 09/06 and still no phone interview.... i guess im done for lol

my experience review was complete 09/06 and still no phone interview.... i guess im done for lol

mine was done on 9/10 and I feel like I am done for as well...I thought this school was high MCAT/low GPA friendly...:(

If it makes you feel better, I really felt like I bombed the phone interview and still got a campus II. Don't lose hope!

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
Thanks man! I’m in that awkward limbo stage of still being optimistic and starting to lose hope. I had my II mid August and was probably passed over while all the others from that time frame got their campus II. Here’s to hoping they come back to me and some others!

mine was done on 9/10 and I feel like I am done for as well...I thought this school was high MCAT/low GPA friendly...:(
did you guys see my post above? My experiences review was done in july, and I just got a phone interview lol. it aint over till it's over.

My phone interview was 8/29, and received the “phone interview complete” message a week later. It’s been more than 3 weeks since the interview - is this basically an R?

My phone interview was 8/29, and received the “phone interview complete” message a week later. It’s been more than 3 weeks since the interview - is this basically an R?
No. Look at last years thread - people got in person II's like up to 3 MONTHS after finishing their phone interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my phone interview, email was probably within a week or so after the email that said my experiences review was complete.

Anyone have any feedback regarding the phone interview? Is it pretty standard interview type questions? Thanks!!

Same

Had my phone interview and I feel as if I rushed through it. I was done pretty quick which makes me nervous about the result :( My advice is to take your time with the questions and speak slowly.

I may have bombed this one, so good luck to you all here!

Does anyone know if Western is receptive to ITA notifications? I'm moving out of state soon and it would be a lot more convenient if I could plan everything out

Had my phone interview and I feel as if I rushed through it. I was done pretty quick which makes me nervous about the result :( My advice is to take your time with the questions and speak slowly.

I may have bombed this one, so good luck to you all here!
Thought the same too and I ended after like 9-10 minutes lol. Ended up getting a campus II so honestly, I think they just want to make sure you're somewhat normal in the phone II