2018-2019 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where's a good hotel to stay at?

Members don't see this ad.

II!

Secondary complete 8/07/2018, though had to wait on a LOR that was submitted 08/22.

LizzyM 68, Idaho resident but did undergrad in Oregon.

Trying to decide whether I want to go here or Pacific Northwest in Yakima more...any suggestions besides tuition and deposit difference?

Members don't see this ad :)
I never got the complete email from COMP-NW or COMP-Pomona, but I am confident that my app is complete given that everything on my portal has the green check mark and date added.

The only email I received was the interview invite, so you may be complete and don’t receive a complete email!

Reactions: 2 users
II!

Secondary complete 8/07/2018, though had to wait on a LOR that was submitted 08/22.

LizzyM 68, Idaho resident but did undergrad in Oregon.

Trying to decide whether I want to go here or Pacific Northwest in Yakima more...any suggestions besides tuition and deposit difference?

Interview at both and check out both of the towns... that would definitely help you decide :) Both schools seem extremely friendly

Reactions: 1 user
Where's a good hotel to stay at?

The Best Western Boulder Falls on campus also offers a discount if you tell them you're interviewing! I paid $100 for the night and had a really great room, and the school is like a 2 minute walk away.

others who interviewed September 6th, any word yet? I can't take the anticipation anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)

So I am assuming you got in, if so, congrats! Do you have interviews coming up at other programs? If so, what is your number one choice? You seem to know your stuff and it seems like I can learn a lot from you!

Western sent me an automated birthday email today... now waiting to hear back after Sept. 6th interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Sept 6th interview- Just got an acceptance!! Woo!!

Reactions: 3 users
Western sent me an automated birthday email today... now waiting to hear back after Sept. 6th interview.

Ha! I switched cell phone carriers two days ago and finally set up my voicemail last night when I saw you guys were getting calls for acceptances, only to have a voicemail waiting for me from the 19th with an acceptance! What a great birthday treat :)

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone get the email yet that we were supposed to get? Just want to make sure I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten it yet.

Still waiting as well!
Ok cool. I didn't want to bug them unless everyone else got theirs. I want to start signing any papers and get the process going!!! So stoked. This was my number 1 choice.

Ok cool. I didn't want to bug them unless everyone else got theirs. I want to start signing any papers and get the process going!!! So stoked. This was my number 1 choice.
Definitely agree! Also want the letter to make sure it’s real because it doesn’t feel like it yet

It took almost a week from call to email for me. I got something in the mail like a day after the email.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone who has interviewed here thus far sharing their interview experiences? I have one coming up soon and would really appreciate any insights about the school!

I think mine actually arrived on Saturday but I didn’t check until sunday.
Yeah I didn't realize I said that on a Sunday. I was on my 10th 12 hour shift in a row so I was mentally checked out. I got the packet yesterday though and the email. I accepted their offer!! So excited!

Can anyone who has interviewed here thus far sharing their interview experiences? I have one coming up soon and would really appreciate any insights about the school!

1 interview 30 mins with two panelists, usually a faculty member and a student. Then 2 MMIs, each just under 5 minutes. You'll split into groups in the beginning and rotate between the tour, seeing the OMM lab, the MMIs, and the interview. Know your application, know your motivations, and SMILE!

1 interview 30 mins with two panelists, usually a faculty member and a student. Then 2 MMIs, each just under 5 minutes. You'll split into groups in the beginning and rotate between the tour, seeing the OMM lab, the MMIs, and the interview. Know your application, know your motivations, and SMILE!

Are the MMIs patient encounters? Not asking for the specific question, just the format.

Yeah I didn't realize I said that on a Sunday. I was on my 10th 12 hour shift in a row so I was mentally checked out. I got the packet yesterday though and the email. I accepted their offer!! So excited!
Yay!! Do you have to pay the deposit right when you accept? I thought it wasn’t technically due until December right?

Got my II two days ago. Can't wait to come visit this school!!

Thank you!! 8/29

Congrats! Complete (in committee review) 8/20 and still no II. This is my top choice school. The anticipation has been killing me. Really thought I'd at least get an II with my stats, experience and Oregon residency but starting to lose hope :bang:

Congrats! Complete (in committee review) 8/20 and still no II. This is my top choice school. The anticipation has been killing me. Really thought I'd at least get an II with my stats, experience and Oregon residency but starting to lose hope :bang:

Same. So much above their average stats & have lots of volunteering/shadowing/research. Maybe they think we'd go elsewhere?

Are the MMIs patient encounters? Not asking for the specific question, just the format.

Can't say. The general rule is that people can only tell you as much as the school tells you before the interview in the itinerary.

Same. So much above their average stats & have lots of volunteering/shadowing/research. Maybe they think we'd go elsewhere?

Seems like they'd at least give us a shot. I thought my secondary kicked a** too! Good luck to both of us ;) Any chance you're interviewing at PNWU tomorrow?

Seems like they'd at least give us a shot. I thought my secondary kicked a** too! Good luck to both of us ;) Any chance you're interviewing at PNWU tomorrow?

How'd you guess?

Where all my 9/29 interviewees at?! Love the PNW, never been to Oregon though, super stoked. Looking forward to meeting some folks at the shin dig tomorrow night!

How'd you guess?

Lucky guess I suppose :) Maybe I saw you on the PNWU thread at some point? PM me if you want to meet up before hand! I’ll be in Yakima in about an hour lol

Lucky guess I suppose :) Maybe I saw you on the PNWU thread at some point? PM me if you want to meet up before hand! I’ll be in Yakima in about an hour lol

Not flying there till tomorrow morning (rip) but good luck :)

People going to the pizza thing tonight? And it’s super casual right? Like normal street clothes

Does this school have priority interviewing/ silent rejection? I've been in committee review since mid August. I emailed somewhat recently and they just say "Your app is complete and is under committee review"

Does this school have priority interviewing/ silent rejection? I've been in committee review since mid August. I emailed somewhat recently and they just say "Your app is complete and is under committee review"

Not sure what their screening criteria is but I do know they are very particular about who they invite. They only interview about 370 people out of thousands of applicants.