2018-2019 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that have already interviewed, did the portal change after the interview? Interviewed this last Saturday and was just logging on today to make sure all my ducks were in a row and I got the interview scheduler page again.

Update: Never mind, it went away.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yay!! Do you have to pay the deposit right when you accept? I thought it wasn’t technically due until December right?
Sorry, been super busy this last week. Yeah you can pay in 2 installments. The first is in December and the second is in January. Although, I don't believe you will get a school email and all that until you pay the first deposit. I believe I read that somewhere... I'll try to verify that. Did you accept their offer as well?

Sorry, been super busy this last week. Yeah you can pay in 2 installments. The first is in December and the second is in January. Although, I don't believe you will get a school email and all that until you pay the first deposit. I believe I read that somewhere... I'll try to verify that. Did you accept their offer as well?
Yes I did! Very excited!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my primary for this school, but have already been verified at other schools. Do you guys think it's too late for me at this point?

I'm at a 3.2/3.2/507...not so impressive, I know...but I'm trying to stay positive.

Also is lecture mandatory at this Medical School? Are lectures recorded via webcast? Thanks.

I just submitted my primary for this school, but have already been verified at other schools. Do you guys think it's too late for me at this point?

I'm at a 3.2/3.2/507...not so impressive, I know...but I'm trying to stay positive.

Also is lecture mandatory at this Medical School? Are lectures recorded via webcast? Thanks.

I don’t think it’s late at all. They’re selective in who they interview, I believe ~370 or so and it’s not all about GPA/MCAT here. I got the feeling they really do look at EVERYTHING. Your MCAT is higher than mine and I still pulled off an II here, it was also the last school I added and has quickly ascended into my top 2.

Lectures aren’t mandatory. I think some of them are streamed from Pomona but they also have some from in house professors.

I may be biased since I’m really fond of this school, but add it! The secondary is long but it was kind enjoyable to write, you’ll see they care a lot more than just numbers.

I don’t think it’s late at all. They’re selective in who they interview, I believe ~370 or so and it’s not all about GPA/MCAT here. I got the feeling they really do look at EVERYTHING. Your MCAT is higher than mine and I still pulled off an II here, it was also the last school I added and has quickly ascended into my top 2.

Lectures aren’t mandatory. I think some of them are streamed from Pomona but they also have some from in house professors.

I may be biased since I’m really fond of this school, but add it! The secondary is long but it was kind enjoyable to write, you’ll see they care a lot more than just numbers.

Thank you for the information. How long did it take you to get the secondary application? I just completed and sent my primary out yesterday, but have already been verified through other schools already.

Thank you for the information. How long did it take you to get the secondary application? I just completed and sent my primary out yesterday, but have already been verified through other schools already.
I was verified also. Submitted early Monday morning and got the secondary early Thursday of that same week.

Definitely silent rejected :( I was complete 8/5. Called 9/15 and they said I was under committee review. Still nothing...

Definitely silent rejected :( I was complete 8/5. Called 9/15 and they said I was under committee review. Still nothing...
Idk, I wouldn't think that...I submitted everything early July, but didn't get a "ready for review" email until mid August (not sure why that took so long...all my letters were in way back in early July). And then I didn't get an II until the beginning of October. Just be patient and hang in there. I dunno how quickly they are actually getting through applications.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

they don't do silent rejections. I applied last cycle, and I got an email toward the end of the cycle. I also applied late, though.

I personally think that they go through the applications in detail and in my personal experience, they definitely look beyond your academic performance and place a great emphasis your life experiences. I have a terrible CARS score but it wasn't mentioned at all throughout my interview. I know the wait can get daunting but its definitely worth it!

Idk, I wouldn't think that...I submitted everything early July, but didn't get a "ready for review" email until mid August (not sure why that took so long...all my letters were in way back in early July). And then I didn't get an II until the beginning of October. Just be patient and hang in there. I dunno how quickly they are actually getting through applications.

Thanks guys! This does give me hope! Hopefully they are just extensively reviewing me and not waiting to reject me haha

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The packet said 5-15 business days. I’m hoping tomorrow or Friday from the 9/29 interview
The last 2 interview days found out exactly 13 days after their interview. But now that I said it, I probably just jinxed us.

Accepted via phone call this morning!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email saying my application is still with the committee and hasn’t been reviewed. Was complete mid sept

I'm a new member so I thought I'd share my stats. LizzyM ~69, secondary complete 9/05, II 9/17.

Portal changed for me last night with the official acceptance letter.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they try and contact your shadowed physician? The only email and phone number I have is one for the clinic.

To those who interviewed on 9/29 and haven’t heard back yet. Do you think we should take that as a rejection/waitlist seeing as how other people heard back last week from that interview day? Or might there be hope still of hearing sometime this week?

Does anyone know if they try and contact your shadowed physician? The only email and phone number I have is one for the clinic.
If it has been more than 15 business days, I'd give them an email Donna Fulton the one that emailed us II and other info leading to the interview.

they don't do silent rejections. I applied last cycle, and I got an email toward the end of the cycle. I also applied late, though.
Hiii what do you consider late? like past january?

To those who interviewed on 9/29 and haven’t heard back yet. Do you think we should take that as a rejection/waitlist seeing as how other people heard back last week from that interview day? Or might there be hope still of hearing sometime this week?

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I interviewed 9/29, I feel like I have a strong application, and I felt like the interview went very well. I'm not sure what to think though because people who interviewed on the same date have started getting acceptances two weeks ago. It definitely feels like they're quietly putting us in the "maybe" pile. I'm still waiting to see what happens, however my expectations have definitely gone down. But there is still probably a good chance of eventually getting an acceptance. From what I've learned about this process, there is a ton of last minute shuffling as people take their most preferred acceptance.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I interviewed 9/29, I feel like I have a strong application, and I felt like the interview went very well. I'm not sure what to think though because people who interviewed on the same date have started getting acceptances two weeks ago. It definitely feels like they're quietly putting us in the "maybe" pile. I'm still waiting to see what happens, however my expectations have definitely gone down. But there is still probably a good chance of eventually getting an acceptance. From what I've learned about this process, there is a ton of last minute shuffling as people take their most preferred acceptance.

From what I heard, there was difficulty in scheduling dates for the admissions Committee to all meet so the process got delayed a week for the 9/29 interviews. They met on Friday to make decisions about the remaining 8 candidates. They just need the deans approval (should occur Wednesday) and phone calls will be made on thurs/fri this week.

From what I heard, there was difficulty in scheduling dates for the admissions Committee to all meet so the process got delayed a week for the 9/29 interviews. They met on Friday to make decisions about the remaining 8 candidates. They just need the deans approval (should occur Wednesday) and phone calls will be made on thurs/fri this week.

Thanks for the update.

Has anyone in OR attended any of their "interview experience" events? I'm about an hour away and wondering if I should make the drive after work.. I know very little about their interview format.

If you’re waitlisted does your portal change? Or do you get a letter in the mail? Email? I’m trying to prepare for alternatives to look for outside the acceptance phone call.

If you’re waitlisted does your portal change? Or do you get a letter in the mail? Email? I’m trying to prepare for alternatives to look for outside the acceptance phone call.
Have they started making phone calls for the 10/11 interview date?

Has anyone in OR attended any of their "interview experience" events? I'm about an hour away and wondering if I should make the drive after work.. I know very little about their interview format.

I didn’t even know they did this. I haven’t heard from them and been complete for 6 weeks. Getting nervous, I would love to stay in OR

It is totally worth it. You will get to talk to current medical students without having faculty members around and man, they will spill the beans.

Just received an email stating I don’t meet the minimum requirements for an interview or admission. Here is what the email says:

Requirements for Interview and Admission
  1. Minimum Science or Overall GPA of 2.50 at the time of application; and/or,
  2. Minimum of 90 semester hours of completed coursework at the time of application
  3. Competitive MCAT score, please see the competitive applicant profile for information on competitive MCAT scores

I meet all these requirements though... my mcat is above the average mcat stated on the website. Am I missing something?

Just received an email stating I don’t meet the minimum requirements for an interview or admission. Here is what the email says:

2. Minimum of 90 semester hours of completed coursework at the time of application
  3. Competitive MCAT score, please see the competitive applicant profile for information on competitive MCAT scores

I meet all these requirements though... my mcat is above the average mcat stated on the website. Am I missing something?
I would email back and get clarification. It may be an error on their part if you meet the requirements.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

I just got the same email. I’m assuming it’s their generic, form-reject email.

Sorry that’s a bummer... Are you guys IS or OOS? Not going to lie, I hope I avoid the avalanche of rejections today...

Spoke to admissions and it wasn’t an error. It’s an R. Best of luck to you guys!

Is anyone writing thank you's to their interviewers? If so, where do we get their names/contact information?