2018-2019 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my application, post-II, complete 11/10. There should be one more open interview spot for 2/14/19--good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email stating my app status has been updated, but I can't find any changes on the portal. Anyone else receive the same thing?

Reactions: 1 users
Any recent interview invites? How late is their cycle?

I received an email stating my app status has been updated, but I can't find any changes on the portal. Anyone else receive the same thing?

just got the same thing.

Same thing ^ I really want to know what my status is!!!

I’m not sure if this is true for everyone, but I got a phone call telling me I got accepted one day before I got the email about my status changing. If you didn’t get a phone call, it might mean you were waitlisted or rejected. Or they forgot to call you/they don’t call everyone (hoping it’s this latter)

I’m not sure if this is true for everyone, but I got a phone call telling me I got accepted one day before I got the email about my status changing. If you didn’t get a phone call, it might mean you were waitlisted or rejected. Or they forgot to call you/they don’t call everyone (hoping it’s this latter)
The problem is, I haven't even interviewed lol. So who knows.

Anyone know when the last interviews were scheduled or any non-full interview dates? Got an email today saying my app has been sent to a review com. So I guess they are still sending out IIs. I just got my secondary in about a week and a half ago, so hoping this is good news regarding the possibility of an II...knocking on wood too though...

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Anyone know when the last interviews were scheduled or any non-full interview dates? Got an email today saying my app has been sent to a review com. So I guess they are still sending out IIs. I just got my secondary in about a week and a half ago, so hoping this is good news regarding the possibility of an II...knocking on wood too though...

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!
I got a secondary invite 1/18 then the same review com email on 1/29 after completing but still no II :(
Others above have said they continue to do interviews into March and April I guess though so still hopeful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a secondary invite 1/18 then the same review com email on 1/29 after completing but still no II :(
Others above have said they continue to do interviews into March and April I guess though so still hopeful.
Thanks. I actually called today and talked briefly with Christopher Vu in admissions. Apparently the Lebanon campus has filled its class (although I'm not sure how they could be sure of that since people do pull out late in the cycle oftentimes). He did say the Pomona campus has pretty much filled up the February spots, but that March and April are still (mostly?) open. Good luck to you, hope we both get an II in the coming week or two.

Was accepted 12/17! interviewed on 11/29. how are people looking for roommates/housing atm?

Did everybody get a committee review status update email? I submitted my secondary in July, everything checked off...but haven't received any status update confirmations...?

I did not receive a status confirmation email/under review email before receiving my interview invite

Just called admissions- they said they’re mostly done sending out IIs with maybe 2 dates in March that have not been filled yet.

does anyone know when the interview dates are for march?
When I interviewed I think they said there would be two Thursdays in March for interviews, but I believe one of these is for their linkage program.

thank u so much! by any chance do you remember which thursdays? I'm trying to plan a few events around potential interview dates haha

thank u so much! by any chance do you remember which thursdays? I'm trying to plan a few events around potential interview dates haha

I’m not sure, but when I scheduled the dates were every other Thursday (Jan 31, Feb 14, and Feb 28). So maybe March 14 and 28? Purely speculation.

Does anyone know when Western starts getting people off the waitlist? Interviewed on 09/27

Hi guys! I was wondering if those of you that were accepted can confirm how the school notifies you. Is it mail, email, or phone call. I'm getting nervous, I interviewed on the 14th!
For me: phone call one day prior to email about status change. Portal changed to acceptance info. Then snail mail last.

One more thing....Was it an actual letter or a packet? I'm in the middle of moving and I want to know what to look out for at my old address. Thank you!
Yeah, letter packet with your acceptance letter and a few other forms you can find on the admitted student webpage. (You don’t need anything in the physical mail - I think)

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed on February 14th heard anything back yet? I’m getting nervous!

Interviewed Feb 1, accepted today!

has anyone heard any updates? II? acceptances?

Did anyone else receive a portal update today that the admission process is closed as the class of 2023 is full?

Did anyone else receive a portal update today that the admission process is closed as the class of 2023 is full?

Is this for COMP Pomona ?? When did you interview??