2018-2019 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else receive a portal update today that the admission process is closed as the class of 2023 is full?
Also got this today :/

Members don't see this ad.

Where does it say this?
Followed link to application portal from the email:

"Thank you for applying for admission to Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific – Pomona Campus. The admissions process is now closed for the class of 2023. If you are not accepted into a medical program this year, I encourage you to apply early for a place in the class of 2024.

Members don't see this ad :)
Followed link to application portal from the email:

"Thank you for applying for admission to Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific – Pomona Campus. The admissions process is now closed for the class of 2023. If you are not accepted into a medical program this year, I encourage you to apply early for a place in the class of 2024.

Are you guys post interview or pre II ?

Where does it say this?

I applied to both pomona and lebanon. I got a letter on friday saying that the lebanon campus was full but no updates on the pomona campus... there isn't even a status update link on my pomona portal.

Reactions: 2 users
I applied to both pomona and lebanon. I got a letter on friday saying that the lebanon campus was full but no updates on the pomona campus... there isn't even a status update link on my pomona portal.
Yeah, I applied to only the Pomona campus and haven't had any email communication from them since I submitted in September. I know that the Lebanon campus has been full for a while... it seems unclear whether or not this applies to the CA campus?

It's odd because I called them Friday and they said that they're still reviewing my application. I hope I still have a chance here, although it's slim. Interviewed with them last year and really loved the school!

It's odd because I called them Friday and they said that they're still reviewing my application. I hope I still have a chance here, although it's slim. Interviewed with them last year and really loved the school!
Did you interview yet in this cycle?

Did you interview yet in this cycle?
No, not yet! I am thinking they're not going to invite me this year, which is a shame and also hard to understand considering I've strengthened my application significantly since last cycle.

any updates for Feb. interviews?

I called Martha (admissions coordinator) today and she says the dean has been out of the office, so decisions might take upwards of 1-3 more weeks

Reactions: 1 users
Hey ya’ll! The Facebook page for the WesternU COMP Class of 2023 has been made!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ya’ll! The Facebook page for the WesternU COMP Class of 2023 has been made!

It looks like it’s the COMP-NW page, not Pomona, plus can’t join yet so don’t think it’s ready.

It looks like it’s the COMP-NW page, not Pomona, plus can’t join yet so don’t think it’s ready.
It's ready! It's a closed group so just request to join :) Should be titled WesternU COMP Class of 2023.

*edit for COMP Pomona!

Last edited:
When, if it hasn’t been done already, will they post their match list for this year?

Does WesternU give silent rejections after interviews? I interviewed over a month ago and it’s been dead silent ever since! Has anyone else heard of them doing this?

Interviewed on 2-28 and placed on waitlist. Email reads they would like to offer admissions but the class is full. 33 people are waitlisted. Does anyone know what are the chances to get off waitlist at this school?

Interviewed on 2-28 and placed on waitlist. Email reads they would like to offer admissions but the class is full. 33 people are waitlisted. Does anyone know what are the chances to get off waitlist at this school?
+1 I got the same email today!

Just so you guys know this happened to the Lebanon campus, in fact no one that interviewed in Jan or Feb were accepted, everyone was put on the waitlist. Someone called the school and found out people on the “waitlist” were on a different list than the “alternate list”. People on waitlist would be offered position first then once waitlist people are offered positions they would move to alternate list.

We were told waitlist would start hearing in March and alternates in May, but there hasn’t been much movement on the waitlist on the lebanon forum so it could be awhile before they get to alternates.

Reactions: 1 users
Just so you guys know this happened to the Lebanon campus, in fact no one that interviewed in Jan or Feb were accepted, everyone was put on the waitlist. Someone called the school and found out people on the “waitlist” were on a different list than the “alternate list”. People on waitlist would be offered position first then once waitlist people are offered positions they would move to alternate list.

We were told waitlist would start hearing in March and alternates in May, but there hasn’t been much movement on the waitlist on the lebanon forum so it could be awhile before they get to alternates.
Thank you for your response - during my interview they said we still have 60 seats left - but may be it’s different for Pomona campus.

Do you know the odds of getting accepted off the waitlist?

Thank you for your response - during my interview they said we still have 60 seats left - but may be it’s different for Pomona campus.

I’m sure the number of seats and time frame are different for Pomona. Lebanon was full very early. I just remember getting the email and wanting to know the difference between alternate and waitlist. They may be gauging interest too, see who sends a letter of intent see who withdraws etc.

Do you know the odds of getting accepted off the waitlist?

I don’t, sorry.

I’m sure the number of seats and time frame are different for Pomona. Lebanon was full very early. I just remember getting the email and wanting to know the difference between alternate and waitlist. They may be gauging interest too, see who sends a letter of intent see who withdraws etc.

I don’t, sorry.
Thank you! I have a question regarding a letter of intent - do we send it to admissions’ email - the one we received waitlist info from?

Last edited:
Thank you! I have a question regarding a letter of intent - do we send it to admissions’ email - the one we received waitlist info from?

You can upload it to your portal but I’m sure you can email to that person as well. I emailed mine when I sent it to lebanon.

You can upload it to your portal but I’m sure you can email to that person as well. I emailed mine when I sent it to lebanon.
Great! Do you feel like it made a difference? I guess it did since you are accepted. Congrats! Did you have to wait for a long time to receive your acceptance after you sent your letter?

Great! Do you feel like it made a difference? I guess it did since you are accepted. Congrats! Did you have to wait for a long time to receive your acceptance after you sent your letter?

I sent a letter of interest, got an interview invite 3 days later. I didn’t have time to send a formal letter of intent after my waitlist. From what I have seen on the lebanon forum I am the only person that has been pulled off the waitlist (or the only person who posted they were accepted) and it’s been well over a month since most of us were placed on the list.

Reactions: 1 user
They specifically stated at my interview in Pomona 1/31 they do not interview for waitlist positions. Whether they hold true to that or not, I don’t know. I was accepted recently and withdrew a few days ago. Hope it goes to one of ya’ll waiting!

For everyone on the waitlist, has your application status changed? Mine still says submitted under status, it has never changed.

Been placed on the alternate list on 10/12.

How likely will they offer a seat?

is there a difference between WL and alternate?
From what I understand, people were placed on the alternate list throughout the application cycle as people to consider once others have already been offered a spot. The Waitlist was started once all spots were filled up, as people that they want to offer a spot too but can’t because the class is full. Waitlisted individuals get offered spots first.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you on the waitlist, are you sending in a letter of intent? If so who are you sending it to, or are you just uploading a file onto your portal?

Does anyone know if they call or email to notify students accepted off the waitlist? I'll be out of the country first two weeks of May and wondering how I should approach staying in contact with the school while I'm away

Last year, they called and updated status when I was accepted last October. I also know that someone got accepted from the wait list late, they called and only allowed several days (may be three days) for decision.

Last year, they called and updated status when I was accepted last October. I also know that someone got accepted from the wait list late, they called and only allowed several days (may be three days) for decision.
oh shoot.. but thanks! super helpful!

I was put on the wait list last December I think?? but never heard anything since then. Is this normal?

I was pulled off waitlist! Interviewed on 2/14 and was waitlisted in mid March. I sent in a letter of intent via email and was eventually pulled off the waitlist around 4/16. They did not make a phone call and only sent me an email telling me to check my portal.

Good luck everyone!!!!

I was accepted of the waitlist last night and declined my acceptance. One more spot became available for someone who really needs it! Good luck!

Did anyone who was accepted have any community college credits? Were they sciences or general education classes? Anyone know Western's perspective of cc credits?