2018-2019 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have no shadowing, research, nor teaching experience. I have 1000+ ED hours, 200+ volunteer hours, 3.4 GPA, 505 MCAT. Should I even bother finishing my secondary app for this school?
finishing the secondary is one extra chance for medical school acceptance. why not?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit your secondary and stats if you don't mind me asking?
I actually submitted in June! And my MCAT stats are about average for this school but my GPA is around a 3.8 (so in other words, my saving grace).

I have no shadowing, research, nor teaching experience. I have 1000+ ED hours, 200+ volunteer hours, 3.4 GPA, 505 MCAT. Should I even bother finishing my secondary app for this school?
Why not? You sound like a great applicant otherwise in my honest opinion. But do it quick!

I submitted secondary on 7/30. Hopefully I hear back soon!

What the hell. Was just rejected today post interview. I thought it went very well too :\

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of you guys also apply for the Pacific NW campus?

I'm finishing up my secondaries and a lot of the questions are the same so I was wondering if you guys re-used answers?

Did any of you guys also apply for the Pacific NW campus?

I'm finishing up my secondaries and a lot of the questions are the same so I was wondering if you guys re-used answers?
Didnt do it for this school, but I reused my answers for the same prompts of CCOM and AZCOM. Obviously switched the names.

Didnt do it for this school, but I reused my answers for the same prompts of CCOM and AZCOM. Obviously switched the names.

Thanks for letting me know and GL this app cycle!

To the female interviewee's: What did you wear to the meet-up the day before? Thank you in advance!

I wore a nice top and skirt. I think it really seemed to have ranged - some people were more on the casual side and some people were dressed nicer. it is set up in a very casual way though - the M1 students were wearing the WesternU polos and it was okay to leave early/come late.

Just got an email saying my app has been processed and sent to adcom for review. Lol. Submitted secondary on 7/4 and thought I was already under review and thought they just weren't that into me. Adding another portal to obsessively check. Submitted secondary to the Lebanon campus and got an II 4 days later. This med school app process is weird fam.

Just got an email saying my app has been processed and sent to adcom for review. Lol. Submitted secondary on 7/4 and thought I was already under review and thought they just weren't that into me. Adding another portal to obsessively check. Submitted secondary to the Lebanon campus and got an II 4 days later. This med school app process is weird fam.
Sure is!

Sent from my SM-J730GM using SDN mobile

For your ED work, were you around physicians in action?

I would recommend shadowing at least two different physicians, preferably one that is a DO.

For your ED work, were you around physicians in action?

I would recommend shadowing at least two different physicians, preferably one that is a DO.
I was an ED scribe i forgot to clarify. I worked with many DOs, MDs, ARNPS, and PAs. One of my letters is from the director of the hospital who is a DO!

Coming from the east coast in a couple weeks for an interview. Where's the best area/place to stay that is also close to the interview site? I heard Pomona isn't the best place to stay because of safety?

Coming from the east coast in a couple weeks for an interview. Where's the best area/place to stay that is also close to the interview site? I heard Pomona isn't the best place to stay because of safety?
Check out the Claremont.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

just got the acceptance call!! Interviewed 9/13

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! Interviewed 9/13

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats, well done! Although its making me more depressed I still haven't heard back from them yet haha.

Just a call, no email but they said that the portal has been updated...haven’t had the chance to check yet!

+1!! I havent had the chance to check today either.

Congrats, well done! Although its making me more depressed I still haven't heard back from them yet haha.

also, thank you! I am sure they still have plenty of interview slots open. I am rooting for you!

I was an ED scribe i forgot to clarify. I worked with many DOs, MDs, ARNPS, and PAs. One of my letters is from the director of the hospital who is a DO!

Home slice, with your background I'll pay your app fee.

Accepted!!! But I haven't had any change in my portal/email? I just got a call.

Those accepted....what are your stats look like?

I interviewed 09/13 and got the acceptance call yesterday (504 MCAT, 3.65 cGPA). Does anyone know how to visibly view our acceptance online? I assume that our application status page changes but mine hasn't yet.

Reactions: 3 users
if we didn't get a call yesterday for the 9/13 interview date, should we assume we're rejected?

Hello everyone,

I submitted my secondary on 8/16 and still have not heard anything about an II.

Do you think that I'm pretty much out of the game at this point?

IS, LizzyM score 65, lots of shadowing, volunteering, research and teaching experience.
I am in the same boat! Dud you get a secondary yet?

For those who have gotten an interview, did you get a complete email? I️ did not receive one.

Last edited: