2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanna confirm, SOMA is PBL, right?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call! Now I just have to do a lot of research into all of these CHC sites..

(I interviewed on 01/31)

Reactions: 6 users
Am I the only one who has been checking this SDN forum religiously for a response after interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! 2nd year student here - feel free to reach out or PM me with questions. :)

Just got an II but will be turning it down. Good luck to whoever it goes to!

Anyone know when admission decisions for 2/14 interviews are?

Reactions: 2 users
Got my interview bumped from April to March :)

anyone else interviewing in march as well?

Has anyone heard back yet from the 02/14 interview day? Or know when we should expect to hear back?

Has anyone heard back yet from the 02/14 interview day? Or know when we should expect to hear back?
I know on interview day they said around 3 weeks, but based on previous posts in this thread, looks like the usual is 2 weeks. Was hoping news would drop yesterday!

Hey everyone, I was completed back in October (I think). I never received an actual application completion email though. This is one of my top choices, but I haven't heard anything back. Does this mean my application is still under consideration? I wish I could just hear back.
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 8.26.32 PM 1.png

Hey everyone, I was completed back in October (I think). I never received an actual application completion email though. This is one of my top choices, but I haven't heard anything back. Does this mean my application is still under consideration? I wish I could just hear back.View attachment 297190
Got an interview hold at this campus but never heard back from the other campus.

Hey everyone, I was completed back in October (I think). I never received an actual application completion email though. This is one of my top choices, but I haven't heard anything back. Does this mean my application is still under consideration? I wish I could just hear back.View attachment 297190
I would give the admissions office a call. Whenever I’ve reached out to them, they’ve been very receptive and helpful.
I called earlier in the cycle to get an update and they let me know I had been slotted for an interview, but my name hadn’t come up the list yet.
Best of luck. I know it’s hard to wait.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the acceptance call this morning!! Interviewed 2/14

Reactions: 4 users
I got an acceptance pending an open seat this morning! I also interviewed on 2/14.

Me too! I don’t exactly know what it meant.
They have already offered enough acceptances to fill their class so they are waiting for a few of those people to decide if they are going to pay the deposit or not. As people choose not to pay their deposit or to attend a different school they will let you know that you have been offered a full acceptance based on availability.

Are there any current students on this thread that can provide insight on the "accepted, seat pending" status? Based on previous cycles, is there reason to worry that this won't move to full acceptance? Thanks!

I would give the admissions office a call. Whenever I’ve reached out to them, they’ve been very receptive and helpful.
I called earlier in the cycle to get an update and they let me know I had been slotted for an interview, but my name hadn’t come up the list yet.
Best of luck. I know it’s hard to wait.
Thanks! I just gave them a call, and they said it is still under consideration...

They have already offered enough acceptances to fill their class so they are waiting for a few of those people to decide if they are going to pay the deposit or not. As people choose not to pay their deposit or to attend a different school they will let you know that you have been offered a full acceptance based on availability.

Thank you!!

Post-Interview Alternate List. Does anyone know how this list is ranked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any current students on this thread that can provide insight on the "accepted, seat pending" status? Based on previous cycles, is there reason to worry that this won't move to full acceptance? Thanks!

I was told by a student on interview day that everyone with this status ends up getting a seat, so nothing to worry about. If anyone's curious, I asked about which CHCs are not yet completely full and she said south Illinois, South Carolina, Texas, and Ohio sites still had open spots as of this morning.

I was told by a student on interview day that everyone with this status ends up getting a seat, so nothing to worry about. If anyone's curious, I asked about which CHCs are not yet completely full and she said south Illinois, South Carolina, Texas, and Ohio sites still had open spots as of this morning.
Super helpful. Thank you!

So Accepted pending seat = you are accepted. However, they accepted more students than seats available. Generally, people drop their seat as the deadlines approach. So, hypothetically, if there are 150 seats, they'll accept 200 people and things work out in the end.

Alternate list is different. It's basically a waitlist. Once all the accepted students are given a seat, they move to the alternate list if there is still some open seats and move down.

So Accepted pending seat = you are accepted. However, they accepted more students than seats available. Generally, people drop their seat as the deadlines approach. So, hypothetically, if there are 150 seats, they'll accept 200 people and things work out in the end.

Alternate list is different. It's basically a waitlist. Once all the accepted students are given a seat, they move to the alternate list if there is still some open seats and move down.
Which deadline are you referring to? End of April?

Accepted pending seat. This is my number one choice! I really hope to move onto an actual seat!!

Rooting for you carguy! I'm very certain you'll move into a seat.

I think s/he means and of April as well as deposit deadlines. Each accepted student is given a timeframe in which they are expected to but a deposit for a seat.

You’re right. They give you a 2 week window for your first deposit, then another several weeks for your second deposit. Crossing my fingers for those who are accepted pending an open seat!

Hi! Anyone who interviewed way earlier receive an email from Admissions yet for any movement to their preferred CHC?

Hello all, withdrew my acceptance this week. I was accepted in September and placed in my first choice CHC in CA. Good luck!