2019-2020 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They would not rank the WL based on mcat. That would be poor form. It’s a totality of the application. Knowing what I know of the adcom, they hold the interview, especially professionalism highest. If and when you matriculate there, they will go on and on about professionalism.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Missed a call from a 251 number this morning. No message. Anyone know if ACOM ever uses this area code? I assume they wouldn’t just call and not leave a message...

Members don't see this ad :)
Missed a call from a 251 number this morning. No message. Anyone know if ACOM ever uses this area code? I assume they wouldn’t just call and not leave a message...
I think ACOMs phone is 334 I think 251 is closer to Mobile if I remember right

Reactions: 1 user
They call from a 334 area code. Mr. Willis also calls back the same day and leaves a message the second time I think. They sent an email by the next day.

Hey WL peps according to the class groupme there has been some movement today! Hopefully, they get a few more of you guys in before next month!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey WL peps according to the class groupme there has been some movement today! Hopefully, they get a few more of you guys in before next month!
Thank you for updating everyone!! Do you know how many people got taken off the waitlist?

Movement as in people accepted off the WL or as in people are dropping their seats here and going somewhere else?

Movement as in people accepted or as in people are dropping their seats here and going somewhere else?
both. dont know the specific number of drops/ adds but two people have left the group and one has joined the group. So keep holding on hope guys!

so i'm still on the interview waitlist lol...Mr. Willis said they're still considering people for interviews but he said til around beginning of June so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .... anyone know the status of ppl still on interview waitlists?

so i'm still on the interview waitlist lol...Mr. Willis said they're still considering people for interviews but he said til around beginning of June so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .... anyone know the status of ppl still on interview waitlists?
I emailed him last week but he said he couldn’t give me details regarding the waitlist and that if we haven’t heard by June 15 to start reapplying just in case, so idk.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah he told me he couldn't tell me where on the waitlist I am, yet he's told other people where they stand. Very annoying

Beginning of June?? We're nearly halfway through June...

congrats man! I know you were on the WL for a while, I am happy to meet you in the Fall. DM me if you have any questions with the matriculation packet. join the groupme! lots of helpful information

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I saw you got off the wl for chsu too, so will you be attending ACOM or chsu?
Acom, it's much closer to home and the more established school. Chsu is amazing though, if it was nearby I'd probably go there

Emailed Mr. Willis and he said they have WL down to 8 people to "draw from" and he expects some drops in the coming week. Unsure if this draw is random or not.

Emailed Mr. Willis and he said they have WL down to 8 people to "draw from" and he expects some drops in the coming week. Unsure if this draw is random or not.
Going based off what he said previously, that they were ranking the waitlist about 2-3 weeks ago. It’s probably not random, and they probably already know who those 8 people are.

Going based off what he said previously, that they were ranking the waitlist about 2-3 weeks ago. It’s probably not random, and they probably already know who those 8 people are.
They apparently ranked it on Friday.

Yeah I was more concerned with the 8 he mentioned he was to "draw from" as spots open. I was wondering if that part was random. Probably ranked as well.

Just as a heads up, multiple people (4-5 at least) have been accepted off the wl this week

Mr Willis had mentioned I was 1/8 on the list to draw from so this is frustrating lol

Just out of curiosity, did you ask about your rank recently? I was told previously (end of May) we wouldn’t be able to know our place on the waitlist ... but maybe that’s changed since it’s down to 8 people to pick from now?

Just out of curiosity, did you ask about your rank recently? I was told previously (end of May) we wouldn’t be able to know our place on the waitlist ... but maybe that’s changed since it’s down to 8 people to pick from now?
Email mr Willis and ask him. Of course he never actually told me where I was on the wl until I got the A so ymmv

Yes I have been in contact a few times. I asked again 2 weeks ago when I saw he was giving more feedback to some students and he replied once they had met last week. Didn't tell me exact rank but that there were 8 they were drawing from and I was on that list.

Well I got the call today!!!!! So excited! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Is there a Facebook group for class of 2024? I got accepted a few months ago but never received an invite

Is there a Facebook group for class of 2024? I got accepted a few months ago but never received an invite
yes, just search ACOM class of 2024 and request to join. There was no invites for me either

Accepted earlier this week, but will not be attending. ACOM is a fantastic school so this was a hard decision. Wishing the best to those who are still on WL!

"Current Application Status Interview Waitlist - Hold" just reappeared on my microsite. What does it mean??! o_O

So looks like all lectures will be virtual while OPP, Primary Care Skills, and Anatomy still being in person

So looks like all lectures will be virtual while OPP, Primary Care Skills, and Anatomy still being in person
makes sense. Minimize unnecessary exposure without harming clinical skills that require hands-on experience.

does anyone know about anything about potential waitlist movement? Is the class full now?