2019-2020 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Albany Medical College

Members don't see this ad.

Prewriting question for the prompt: "Also, please explain any extended gaps in activity/employment in your post-graduate history." After graduating from undergrad, I took some more prereq requirements as a part-time, non-matriculated student (no degree). This isn't technically a gap in activity, so can I leave this question blank? I don't want to fill out unnecessary prompts and give them more things to read, lol.

Also, does anyone know if the character limits include spaces? Thank you!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Prewriting question for the prompt: "Also, please explain any extended gaps in activity/employment in your post-graduate history." After graduating from undergrad, I took some more prereq requirements as a part-time, non-matriculated student (no degree). This isn't technically a gap in activity, so can I leave this question blank? I don't want to fill out unnecessary prompts and give them more things to read, lol.

In my opinion (which means nothing at all because I'm just another applicant), they just want to know what you did after graduating-- I don't think it's "unnecessary" if it adds to the overall picture of how you spent your time

someone else can correct me if I'm wrong!

Reactions: 1 user
In my opinion (which means nothing at all because I'm just another applicant), they just want to know what you did after graduating-- I don't think it's "unnecessary" if it adds to the overall picture of how you spent your time

Yeah, I was thinking of making it short and sweet. I might just call once secondaries come out and ask if they have a preference. Thanks for your input!

I wouldn't call it a gap, but you could just put a couple sentences in explaining it to be on the safe side. And I'm not 100% sure but I think that most schools count spaces in the character limit, I've only come across like 1 that doesn't

^ agreed It can be succinct

How should I approach the "Please explain any inconsistencies in your university, graduate, or professional school academic performance and/or MCAT scores" question? I took the MCAT twice. 498 two years ago and just got a 512. Plus my grades starting out in college were lackluster. I wanna write this without:
  1. Coming off as "pity me!"
  2. Seeming like I didn't learn from it
My AMCAS GPA is lower now despite making mostly A's/A-'s in upper level courses. So I'm not sure how to divulge this.

How should I approach the "Please explain any inconsistencies in your university, graduate, or professional school academic performance and/or MCAT scores" question? I took the MCAT twice. 498 two years ago and just got a 512. Plus my grades starting out in college were lackluster. I wanna write this without:
  1. Coming off as "pity me!"
  2. Seeming like I didn't learn from it
My AMCAS GPA is lower now despite making mostly A's/A-'s in upper level courses. So I'm not sure how to divulge this.
Recognize your mistakes (i.e. show accountability), talk about what you did differently, show how you've grown.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone received a secondary yet? What are the essay prompts if yall dont mind.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied here last year and it was the last secondary I received. They take a little longer than most schools

Reactions: 1 users
How should I answer the "Tell us one thing about yourself..." secondary? Something not on my AMCAS? Or what I like about their school?

anyone who currently attends this school willing to share their experience? just came across this school but know very little about it other than what's posted online

anyone who currently attends this school willing to share their experience? just came across this school but know very little about it other than what's posted online
This goes to anyone, but feel free to PM me any questions. I am about to start second year.

Yes the character count includes spaces unfortunately

I just graduated this spring and haven't found a job would I need to explain this question?: Has your college or university, graduate or professional school attendance been interrupted for any reason? If yes, please explain. Also, please explain any extended gaps in activity/employment in your post-graduate history.

Anyone submit CASPer since completing this secondary? How long did it take for it to show that it was received on Albany's end?

I just graduated this spring and haven't found a job would I need to explain this question?: Has your college or university, graduate or professional school attendance been interrupted for any reason? If yes, please explain. Also, please explain any extended gaps in activity/employment in your post-graduate history.
Just say that. You have been busy post graduation completing job applications, volunteering, etc. The question is mainly to show that you have been busy and not having a gap in your resume.

Does anyone else have zeroes for "total hours" under the experiences section?

What are you guys writing in the "Describe yourself" question, I feel like anything I say is already included in my primary/other parts of secondary lol

Last school I’m waiting on. xP so ready to finish off secondaries season

Man that $125 fee is painful... why did I apply to 30+ schools again?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone submit CASPer since completing this secondary? How long did it take for it to show that it was received on Albany's end?
It takes about a month for the CASPer scores to be received by Albany.