2019-2020 Application Season is here! Post issues in this thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi pre-allo,

The 2019-2020 Application Season is here. We've compiled all of our resources for you below:

2019-2020 Allopathic School Specific Discussion Forum
2019-2020 Med School Applicant Sticky (your one stop shop for info)
2019-2020 Personal Statement Guide and Reader List

This thread will stay stickied for a couple of weeks - please use it to report problems, missing schools in the School Specific Discussion forum, or other issues and the moderator team will do our best to resolve them.

Thanks, and best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So the AMCAS instructions say that if you have a separate degree from the same institution to list them separately. The example that was given was for an undergrad and graduate degree. However, I did an informal post bacc as second major (that I did not complete). The post bacc major is different from my other one from my undergrad bachelors, but I am not sure if it warrants a separate entry and separate transcript request. Please help :) The post bacc was completed 8 years later.

So the AMCAS instructions say that if you have a separate degree from the same institution to list them separately. The example that was given was for an undergrad and graduate degree. However, I did an informal post bacc as second major (that I did not complete). The post bacc major is different from my other one from my undergrad bachelors, but I am not sure if it warrants a separate entry and separate transcript request. Please help :) The post bacc was completed 8 years later.

This thread is actually for forum related issues - let me direct you to the AMCAS questions thread which might be a better place to ask!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! So i'm about to reapply for medical school. I'm also still interviewing for masters and/or postbacc classes for the 2018-2019 year. I'm still not sure where I'll be in the fall, but once I decide, can I update the schools attended on my AMCAS application after it has been submitted?

Hi! So i'm about to reapply for medical school. I'm also still interviewing for masters and/or postbacc classes for the 2018-2019 year. I'm still not sure where I'll be in the fall, but once I decide, can I update the schools attended on my AMCAS application after it has been submitted?

Please see the post above yours. This thread is for reporting issues on this forum, not for asking questions about AMCAS.

I am trying to enter all the schools I applied to on mdapplicants.com, but the site doesn't seem to be saving some under my "Applied" section on "My Profile." I can only see 10 of the 16 schools I added. However, I can still see updates on "My Trackboard" from applicants who applied to schools other than the 10 that got saved on My Profile.

Is this a feature or a bug?

I tried posting in the Men's interview attire questions thread, but no one has posted in it since 2017 so it won't let me ask a question

Hi! I might just be missing the answer to this question, but I submitted and was "ready to review" by June 5th; how long does it take to get verified? I am panicking that everything won't get verified by June 28th.

Hi! I might just be missing the answer to this question, but I submitted and was "ready to review" by June 5th; how long does it take to get verified? I am panicking that everything won't get verified by June 28th.
Wrong thread. This is for issues with the SDN forums.

IL resident, Previously IA resident and IA UG, 2019 2nd MCAT 518, cGPA=3.52, sGPA=3.31(neurobiology major), Re-applicant Applied with 1st MCAT 511 in 2016-2017 (Applied=30, Sec=30, II=10, IA=10, WL=6, repeated the same with 3 of the WLs and ended up with the same result. 2 publication in major clinical studies, high community service non-hospital and international ECs, bilingual Spanish, very high numbers on shadowing, medical clinical, FTE paid in hospitals with lot of PI, female, Asian.

Skipped 2018-2019 cycle to do MPH 3.9 cGPA, Took GMAT in March 2019 (518) upon my expired (old 511), trending MCAT 523+, continued job in the medical field, still glued to assist clinical studies passionately at NWU, and shifted to DO focus with shadowing with DOs (4 areas).

I am highly appreciative of @Goro for his great insights pointing out my inconsistencies and inadequacies in my profile and overall strategy. I learned a lot!! I am planning to apply DO schools, and perhaps In-state MD schools 2019-2020 cycle. I am seeking advice from @Goro, @Faha, and expertise of all
  • Which DO schools fits my GPA (there is no MSAR equivalent to analyze this)
  • If I want to leverage my clinical research background, which MD school(s) would show some interest
  • Late in the game here but open to the same year SMP, if there is one out there
See below:

Wrong thread. This is for issues with the SDN forums.

You will have more success if you post in the WAMC thread. Follow their format.

Status
Not open for further replies.