2019-2020 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: CA University of Science and Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can provide a bit of information that may be helpful.

The school hasn't started looking over applications just yet so don't hold your breath at the moment. They'll start in the next week or two, I've been told, so expect secondaries to start coming out in a couple/few weeks later on in August.

As far as interviews go I was told the earliest interviews will be in the later half of September (more than likely starting in the last week of September).

Hopefully this provides a bit more of a timeline for you all.

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure they haven't any secondaries yet.
CUSM is one of the last 3 secondaries I'm waiting for :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know the max amount of letters of req this school accepts? Three are required and I see MSAR lists the max as 10 but I don't see it listed anywhere on their site

I spoke to a few M1 and was told they don't have a student loan lender for their school so I wonder if this might have cause the delay. Does this also mean something happened with their accreditation?

Nothing to do with accreditation, had to do with the previous loaner deciding to back out. As far as I know we’re on schedule for accreditation and there’s a decent chance federal loans will be secured by next academic year (which means you guys won’t have to deal with private loans).

As far as delay, I know this school tends to operate later than most and they’re still trying to hammer out kinks. I got my secondary last year in early September so honestly I would expect something similar this year (hopefully earlier though). I also haven’t talked with admissions recently though, so I’m not entirely positive where they stand

Reactions: 4 users
Nothing to do with accreditation, had to do with the previous loaner deciding to back out. As far as I know we’re on schedule for accreditation and there’s a decent chance federal loans will be secured by next academic year (which means you guys won’t have to deal with private loans).

As far as delay, I know this school tends to operate later than most and they’re still trying to hammer out kinks. I got my secondary last year in early September so honestly I would expect something similar this year (hopefully earlier though). I also haven’t talked with admissions recently though, so I’m not entirely positive where they stand
The GOAT has spoken. I will patiently wait until September for my last secondary. You are an actual legend on Reddit. Do people on SDN not realize who this is?

Reactions: 2 users
Got email stating app was received, no secondary yet though.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received just now

just got the secondary

mine is showing an error when I log in. anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
mine is showing an error when I log in. anyone else?
+1 the one saying you made a change in your AMCAS designation?

EDIT: now it's saying it's unable to authenticate me :laugh:

Anyone else gets this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 10.28.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 10.28.29 AM.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: 7 users
When I try to open the secondary it says "
We're sorry, the application activity you are trying to access is no longer available. This is due to a change you made to your AMCAS designation.
Please contact the school if you have any questions."

I can only imagine the phone calls and emails that the admission office is receiving rn.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Ok it's an issue with AMCAS they're fixing it.

They told me they are aware of the problem and the glitch should be resolved in 30 minutes.

I received the secondary but I was a reapplicant from last year. When I try to access the secondary, it takes me to my completed application from last year. Anyone else having this problem?

they say that it should be fixed soon!

second attempt with the new email and its still not working for me. anyone else?