2019-2020 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the new building will be ready soon? Should we be looking for apartments next to the new campus?
Everyone and all the articles say it should be done May 2020, so hopefully soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the new building will be ready soon? Should we be looking for apartments next to the new campus?

I read the area around the new campus is sketchy. Other cities in the area were recommended like redlands and Ontario.

I read the area around the new campus is sketchy. Other cities in the area were recommended like redlands and Ontario.
I grew up in Rialto and Rancho Cucamonga, so I can vouch for Rancho and Upland as generally nice places to live. They're mostly family communities, so quite a bit of housing and smaller shopping centers, though not much in the way of night-life/entertainment. Some parts of Fontana are nice as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I grew up in Rialto and Rancho Cucamonga, so I can vouch for Rancho and Upland as generally nice places to live. They're mostly family communities, so quite a bit of housing and smaller shopping centers, though not much in the way of night-life/entertainment. Some parts of Fontana are nice as well.

Anyone watched Workaholics? They lived in Rancho lol.

Anyone else feeling nervous over May 1 approaching and hopefully WL movement? I'm lucky enough to be admitted to a CA DO school but I'd love to be an MD!

Sure wish I could send them an update letter, I have actually accomplished a fair amount since my interview.

Reactions: 10 users

Are there any cities that do have nightlife/entertainment options in the area? I did notice there is a nature area north of rancho, which looks nice for hikes/outdoor entertainment. I looked at apartments in Fontana, Rancho and Ontario. It seems apartments in Fontana are cheaper but in worse neighborhoods/conditions. I lived in a crappy apartment in UG and I think it may be worth the money to spend a little more to live in a better place, even if it means driving a bit more. Also how is traffic in the area?

Are there any cities that do have nightlife/entertainment options in the area? I did notice there is a nature area north of rancho, which looks nice for hikes/outdoor entertainment. I looked at apartments in Fontana, Rancho and Ontario. It seems apartments in Fontana are cheaper but in worse neighborhoods/conditions. I lived in a crappy apartment in UG and I think it may be worth the money to spend a little more to live in a better place, even if it means driving a bit more. Also how is traffic in the area?

You're going to be very close to many big hubs like Pomona to the west (Pasadena and Downtown LA even further west) and Riverside/San Bernardino to the east. Don't think you'll have trouble finding nightlight/entertainment going to CalMed. SoCal is very much popping.

Update: Regarding traffic, it is better to be traveling to the east during morning rush hour and west during evening rush hour. Regardless, get used to traffic, it's Southern California!

Reactions: 1 user
You're going to be very close to many big hubs like Pomona to the west (Pasadena and Downtown LA even further west) and Riverside/San Bernardino to the east. Don't think you'll have trouble finding nightlight/entertainment going to CalMed. SoCal is very much popping.

Update: Regarding traffic, it is better to be traveling to the east during morning rush hour and west during evening rush hour. Regardless, get used to traffic, it's Southern California!

Ah ok, so probably best to live West from Campus to avoid morning/evening traffic. I am from LA so I am familiar with SoCal traffic but I am hoping to get a place where my commute to campus is less than the 30mins - 1 hour it takes me now to get to work. Im tired of LA traffic! Looking forward to living in a SoCal City with a lot less traffic.

Is a laptop/tablet included in our tuition? And if so, what kind?

If anyone is a current student, could I message you about CUSM? I'd love your input before making a decision.

With the whole coronavirus situation, I wonder if the new building will be finished before matriculation. Do any of the current students know the status?

With the whole coronavirus situation, I wonder if the new building will be finished before matriculation. Do any of the current students know the status?
I'm not a current student, but during my interview day, I was told that the building is still on schedule to be finished before July

Members don't see this ad :)
Was accepted off the WL this morning! Weird timing so close to the April 30 deadline...

• Love
I do not understand how they are accepting people off the waitlist when many people haven't even gotten decisions yet..... Beginning to get frustrated with this school. I think you're the first of the WL @dancingflagellum congrats nonetheless! I'm jelly

I do not understand how they are accepting people off the waitlist when many people haven't even gotten decisions yet..... Beginning to get frustrated with this school. I think you're the first of the WL @dancingflagellum congrats nonetheless! I'm jelly

Yeah that is super frustrating... I’m sorry. :( I hope you hear some good news soon! And thank you!

I got an email from CUSM about the MBS program today and yet I haven't heard anything about my status either...

For those who withdrew their acceptance, did you email or call? I want to make sure I get my deposit back as well.

Just withdrew! Hopefully it goes to one of you guys :)

Reactions: 6 users
I have been on the wait list since around October. I was just wondering if any other people on the wait list got an email for the MBS Program today.

I have been on the wait list since around October. I was just wondering if any other people on the wait list got an email for the MBS Program today.
I was accepted and I got the MBS Program email soooo I wouldn't look to deep into this

Congrats to everyone who got accepted today!!! Just wondering for those who got off the waitlist, when did you interview?

Reactions: 3 users
Just spoke to admissions, they said they have been sending out rejections. So for those of you guys who are still on the WL/haven’t heard anything post-ii, if it’s not an R you are still being considered!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I received the MBS email today, have not heard anything since my January 24th interview, and am having a hard time not deeply looking into the fact that I got the MBS email today and no acceptance :( With that, I am so happy for those that got the acceptance today. I really wish I get to be in your shoes..

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just spoke to admissions, they said they have been sending out rejections. So for those of you guys who are still on the WL/haven’t heard anything post-ii, if it’s not an R you are still being considered!
That is good to know! I wonder if I should call so that they don't forget me :/

Interviewed late January, WL'd about 2 weeks later, have not received the MBS email. Interesting.

I'm on the WL and just got an email about distance learning for "accepted or waitlisted applicants."

Did anyone on the WL not get this?

How did they propose distance learning would be applied?
The email contained a link to a survey that was actually more geared toward access to distance learning infrastructure and a few self qualities and feelings about testing as opposed to how distance learning would be applied. The email also indicated that it survey participation would not effect admission status.

Anyone Else Still Sitting in silence post II???

Hi! Current student here, feel free to message me with questions. Also don't read too much into the "check out our MBS program" email - same thing happened last year, it went out by accident.

Wow there’s actually quite a few of us :( It’s been a frustratingly long wait but rooting for everyone!
Yeah we're a decently sized group now! Makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one lol. I think we will probably all hear in these next two weeks or so after traffic day on April 30. I hope we will at least

Reactions: 3 users
withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 7 users