2019-2020 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2/24 applicants: any news yet? I think admissions told us they'd let us know within 2wks? Which is Monday lol

Members don't see this ad.

2/24 applicants: any news yet? I think admissions told us they'd let us know within 2wks? Which is Monday lol

Nope. But they said it would probably take the full two weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone share the interview experience and questions with more details, please?
What were the questions and should we answer them individually or in a group?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. But they said it would probably take the full two weeks.
The suspense today is killing me -______- anybody else? Anyone receive an email or a phone call yet, for 2/24 interviewees?

The suspense today is killing me -______- anybody else? Anyone receive an email or a phone call yet, for 2/24 interviewees?
I would assume they'll come this afternoon. I got mine around 5p CST back when I was accepted. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my A here. Hard decision because I wanted to stay in CA. Hopefully, it goes to someone here!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing there's no way to know our rank though huh
No lol. During my interview, they said they wouldnt disclose that. But they are open to communication and continued interest, which may help a little bit. They also said that they want their class to be diverse and balanced, so it sounded like the WL ranking wasn't absolute. For example, out of their currently committed pool of students, if all of the women dropped out, they would most likely pull more women off of the waitlist to balance the admitted/committed pool. Soooo I feel like whichever way you look at it, it's kind of out of our control :/

No lol. During my interview, they said they wouldnt disclose that. But they are open to communication and continued interest, which may help a little bit. They also said that they want their class to be diverse and balanced, so it sounded like the WL ranking wasn't absolute. For example, out of their currently committed pool of students, if all of the women dropped out, they would most likely pull more women off of the waitlist to balance the admitted/committed pool. Soooo I feel like whichever way you look at it, it's kind of out of our control :/
Ughh gotta keep waiting. lol Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know about waitlist movement trends e.g. when to generally expect major movement for DO schools?
I'm assuming this partly relies on the deadline for applicants with multiple acceptances to commit to one school and withdraw from other acceptances/WLs, but does anyone know what that date is?
I believe it's end of April early May, based on what other schools have told me

Does anyone know about waitlist movement trends e.g. when to generally expect major movement for DO schools?
I'm assuming this partly relies on the deadline for applicants with multiple acceptances to commit to one school and withdraw from other acceptances/WLs, but does anyone know what that date is?
Check out this thread from last year! It seems like May 15 is the traffic day for AACOMAS

Recently withdrew my A here after days of contemplating! Hopefully my seat goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
any accepted students received email regarding background check? do you know when that is due? I didn't know we have to pay for background check LOL $150+$53 is kind a lot

any accepted students received email regarding background check? do you know when that is due? I didn't know we have to pay for background check LOL $150+$53 is kind a lot
They also sent a drug test one. I have not checked the price on that one.

For those who withdrew after giving them your seat deposit, how long did it take for the partial refund to come back?

For anyone who has experience with being on the waitlis; is it bad to hear no news for a while? I interviewed around November.
Already sent a letter months ago, so I don't really want to pester them anymore but this is definitely the school I want to go to.

For anyone who has experience with being on the waitlis; is it bad to hear no news for a while? I interviewed around November.
Already sent a letter months ago, so I don't really want to pester them anymore but this is definitely the school I want to go to.

Im on the waitlist for another program and was told they would not get back to me until after April 30th. The schools are waiting for the accepted students to reject or accept then they will reach out. So definitely not bad news to hear nothing.

Aamc and accomas traffic rules means most wl movement happens after may 1st when people start finalizing their acceptances and turning down others

There is official movement on the waitlist! I interviewed back in October and was waitlisted at the time. Just got the call saying I was accepted!

There is official movement on the waitlist! I interviewed back in October and was waitlisted at the time. Just got the call saying I was accepted!
Hey congrats! Are you planning to attend?

Hey congrats! Are you planning to attend?

I am not! I just gave them news rejecting the seat offer. Although I'd want to ideally stay in California, I have a couple other acceptances at schools I'm more excited about

Hi! Does anyone know the cost of attendance here? Can't remember from my interview, and it's not on their website

Hi! Does anyone know the cost of attendance here? Can't remember from my interview, and it's not on their website

Tuition is 53500, COA is 90500. I got that info from a letter sent to me.

tuition is pretty standard, and COL was inflated iirc so that they could ensure students get what they need.
right right makes sense. im in the process of weighing pros and cons (if i get off the waitlist here), so just looking to compare some stuff like COA. im lucky to have one other A right now, and i'm kind of hoping it stays that way so i dont have to make any tough decisions lol. this place is really tempting because it's so close to home for me

right right makes sense. im in the process of weighing pros and cons (if i get off the waitlist here), so just looking to compare some stuff like COA. im lucky to have one other A right now, and i'm kind of hoping it stays that way so i dont have to make any tough decisions lol. this place is really tempting because it's so close to home for me
Thats what I am deciding too! So close only 30 min away but is kind of expensive. I think they give scholarships though.

Thats what I am deciding too! So close only 30 min away but is kind of expensive. I think they give scholarships though.
i remember they said that they have like 50k put away for scholarships. i just checked their website and it looks like they award it in 10k packages, so probably 5 of 75 ppl will get them

i remember they said that they have like 50k put away for scholarships. i just checked their website and it looks like they award it in 10k packages, so probably 5 of 75 ppl will get them
My friend is in the COP program and its 10k a year if you get Bs or higher. So it might be the same

Accepted off the waitlist just now ❤
Congrats!

Also, if there's this much waitlist movement even before the traffic rules, that's good news I think. Means people are more likely to turn down acceptances here for other places, so fingers crossed wl movement will be swift

Withdrew my A today. It was definitely a tough decision. Hope it goes to one of you guys :)

Got an II today, for June 2nd on campus. What’s the best way to prepare for this interview?

Got an II today, for June 2nd on campus. What’s the best way to prepare for this interview?
Know why you want to go to this campus and how will you impact the local region (they will ask that for sure).
Also just know that this interview will be awkward and its normal just go with the flow everyone is very nice.

Reactions: 3 users

Congrats on the II; there’s some useful info in previous pages of this thread for the interview. The staff and faculty make it an enjoyable time.

Any thoughts on why they’re sending out IIs this late, and how it could affect the waitlist?

Congrats on the II; there’s some useful info in previous pages of this thread for the interview. The staff and faculty make it an enjoyable time.

Any thoughts on why they’re sending out IIs this late, and how it could affect the waitlist?

In the email they stated that they prematurely ended their interview cycle before April due to COVID. But now that lockdown is easing up it seems like they have room to interview a final batch. They didn’t talk about how it’d impact the waitlist

Just got off the waitlist! I'm currently deciding between this and another school. Does this school have mandatory lectures? Are the lectures video recorded? Is the grading system p/f or letter grade? I can't remember much from my interview.

Just got off the waitlist! I'm currently deciding between this and another school. Does this school have mandatory lectures? Are the lectures video recorded? Is the grading system p/f or letter grade? I can't remember much from my interview.

Im pretty sure it is mandatory lectures and letter grade.

Hey congrats!

Did anyone attend the Zoom meeting with Dean Graneto this week and learn anything useful for sharing? I'm sure many of us are concerned about moving there and then learning that the curriculum will only be virtual classes for the time being, and getting locked into leases etc... From the emails it seems like they are ready to have in-person classes.

I didnt get to attend that meeting. So the classes are virtual or on campus? I heard some campus sites are doing the next school year online.

Accepted off of the waitlist today, as well. IS, interviewed 2/24.

Reactions: 5 users