2019-2020 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Prior graduate, feel free to tag me with specific questions but remember I’m not there now so some of the stuff might be outdated

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students available to comment on their opinions of this school?

Just received preliminary email stating that they will be reviewing my application and sending me a follow up in the next three weeks!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone submit a primary and have not received the email from Campbell saying that they have gotten their primary app?

Does anybody know if Campbell has a GPA cut off?
They don't say anything about it on their website but it says, "Applicants should have achieved at least a 3.2 science GPA and a 3.2 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale. " under their prereq tab.

Does anybody know if Campbell has a GPA cut off?
They don't say anything about it on their website but it says, "Applicants should have achieved at least a 3.2 science GPA and a 3.2 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale. " under their prereq tab.
Reapplicant here. I’m not sure if they have cutoffs or not but I did get an interview here last cycle with a 3.2 cumulative and 3.1 science GPA with nothing crazy special in my app. They without a doubt look at your app holistically so take that for what its worth.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rising MS2! I will try to answer your questions this year when I’m able to. Good luck!!

Received a rejection email yesterday due to low subsection score in C/P, however this was from my old MCAT from 2018. My new scores from 2019 exceed all of the subsection and total score minimum requirements, so I called their admissions office and they put my app "on hold" until the new scores posted. AACOMAS finally posted my new scores to the app and I called their admissions office today and should be hearing back sometime today! Their admissions office seemed very nice and helpful and encouraged me to call them with any other questions regarding my app. Good news for any of us that get an interview there!

Just received preliminary email stating that they will be reviewing my application and sending me a follow up in the next three weeks!

Are you being reviewed for 2019-2020 or 2020-2021?

Our Son has gapped last year and this year looks shaky. 3.7/510...He is sending out now for 2020/21 and shifting to DO. He is W/L right now for an IS school but that's all that's worked for him so far. I took interest in your post as it is late to be just reviewed the first time, I think. But I hope you get it and let me know how it goes, how the school is, etc...

Just got an email about my application being sent to a Pre-Screen Committee

Received a rejection email yesterday due to low subsection score in C/P, however this was from my old MCAT from 2018. My new scores from 2019 exceed all of the subsection and total score minimum requirements, so I called their admissions office and they put my app "on hold" until the new scores posted. AACOMAS finally posted my new scores to the app and I called their admissions office today and should be hearing back sometime today! Their admissions office seemed very nice and helpful and encouraged me to call them with any other questions regarding my app. Good news for any of us that get an interview there!
What was your CP? I got a 123 on CARS and wondering if that’s why I haven’t heard anything yet.

What was your CP? I got a 123 on CARS and wondering if that’s why I haven’t heard anything yet.
This is directly from the email they sent me:

"You are encouraged to resubmit your application for the next admission cycle with an appropriately improved MCAT score. Generally we look for a competitive MCAT score within the 500 / 50% or above and a 40% or greater in each subsection. If your total MCAT score has met our required minimum of 500/ 50% or above, please review your individual subsection scores for a deficit."

My C/P was a 123 in 2018 but improved to a 126 in 2019, so after a quick panic attack (lol) I called admissions and they put my app on hold. Your 123 in CARS would be equivalent to a 35% score, so you may received this email if you haven't already. However, if you do some research on the 2018-2019 forum for this school, a few students said that they were offered an interview with a sub 40% CARS score. Also, I'd suggest calling their admissions office sometime next week. They are extremely helpful and nice to talk to. Here's their number if you need it: (855) 287-6613

This is directly from the email they sent me:

"You are encouraged to resubmit your application for the next admission cycle with an appropriately improved MCAT score. Generally we look for a competitive MCAT score within the 500 / 50% or above and a 40% or greater in each subsection. If your total MCAT score has met our required minimum of 500/ 50% or above, please review your individual subsection scores for a deficit."

My C/P was a 123 in 2018 but improved to a 126 in 2019, so after a quick panic attack (lol) I called admissions and they put my app on hold. Your 123 in CARS would be equivalent to a 35% score, so you may received this email if you haven't already. However, if you do some research on the 2018-2019 forum for this school, a few students said that they were offered an interview with a sub 40% CARS score. Also, I'd suggest calling their admissions office sometime next week. They are extremely helpful and nice to talk to. Here's their number if you need it: (855) 287-6613
Will do! Thanks for taking the time to write that out! They are my number 2 because of how close they are!

Just got an email saying they have received my primary and will be reviewing my secondary in the next 3 weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
PSA, there's a new MSAR-akin tool for DO schools now that's free to use. Figured I should share! Good luck everyone this cycle!

Rejected :( because of my MCAT.. if I'm retaking it soon, should I alert them or is this decision final?

Rejected :( because of my MCAT.. if I'm retaking it soon, should I alert them or is this decision final?

How soon are you retaking it? Can't hurt to call and ask if it'll be within the next few weeks IMO.

Oh so they will automatically reject you if you scored below 40% on a subsection? I have a 4.0 GPA and scored a 512 (131, 123, 130, 128) on my MCAT. I only have a email stating they received my primary but no news of secondary yet.

I got an email from them saying that my application was on hold for my MCAT scores (because I was stupid and forgot to release my scores to AAMCOMAS)... we will wait and see once those are in. I didn't like the way the email was worded though. :/

I'm hoping those scores won't be a problem and they can look past my dumb mistake haha. I have a 510 (128, 129, 126, 127) and a 3.95 GPA...

Oh so they will automatically reject you if you scored below 40% on a subsection? I have a 4.0 GPA and scored a 512 (131, 123, 130, 128) on my MCAT. I only have a email stating they received my primary but no news of secondary yet.
There were some people in last years thread that were accepted with a 123 in CARS but not sure about other subsections.

Just got an email saying my primary app has been reviewed and will be brought in front of a “Pre-Screen Committee” for an in depth review.

I would call the admissions office and let them know. They might change their decision.

Have any OOS applicants received a secondary? Only received the very first email at this point o_O

Have any OOS applicants received a secondary? Only received the very first email at this point o_O
I have not. However, I got an update email yesterday and posted it here. I’m not sure if they are doing an extra pre-screen on me or what. Doesn’t seem like anyone else here received the email that I did. I received the primary application notification a bit later than everyone here too.

I'm OOS and received a secondary today. I was verified on 06/10. Unless you have a section below 40% on your MCAT and an overall score above 50% you will probably be receiving one soon..

I am OOS and got a secondary today. Lowest section is in the 30% area and overall 40% area. Soooo

I am OOS and got a secondary today. Lowest section is in the 30% area and overall 40% area. Soooo
Did you get an email similar to the one I got? I posted it here yesterday. It’s up there ^^^^

Did you get an email similar to the one I got? I posted it here yesterday. It’s up there ^^^^
About the pre-screen? No I did not receive that. Got an email Tuesday saying they had my primary and would start reviewing in the next 3 weeks or so and then this morning I got the secondary! I think I may have been able to skip the screen because even though my overall is in the 40% area I have an overall MCAT score of 500.

I got an email from them saying that my application was on hold for my MCAT scores (because I was stupid and forgot to release my scores to AAMCOMAS)... we will wait and see once those are in. I didn't like the way the email was worded though. :/

I'm hoping those scores won't be a problem and they can look past my dumb mistake haha. I have a 510 (128, 129, 126, 127) and a 3.95 GPA...
It is no big deal. Just contact the school once the scores release and they will send you the secondary. More common than you think.

About the pre-screen? No I did not receive that. Got an email Tuesday saying they had my primary and would start reviewing in the next 3 weeks or so and then this morning I got the secondary! I think I may have been able to skip the screen because even though my overall is in the 40% area I have an overall MCAT score of 500.
My overall is 504 with CARS at 123 but everything else >125. I can’t tell if the email is a good thing or not. The email says:

“Thank you for submitting your primary application to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been reviewed and at this moment we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review. We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks.”

Update: just checked last year‘s forums and this was mentioned. If you meet all requirements other than a PS or CARS score under 40th percentile they send your application to a prescreen committee to see if you can be an exception. Also per that forum, they will not take CP or BB under 40th percentile.

Last edited:
My overall is 504 with CARS at 123. I can’t tell if the email is a good thing or not. The email says:

“Thank you for submitting your primary application to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been reviewed and at this moment we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review. We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks.”
That is weird because I also have one 123 and overall of 500 and never received that email. Maybe it is your GPA or if you said yes to any convictions on the AACOMAS primary?