2019-2020 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

I was hoping if a CCLM or Case Western student could chime in on this question I have about the nature of the relationship between CCLM and Case:

If you are in CCLM but decide you don't want to spend 5 years in med school can you just join Case Western's University program and drop out of the college program at CCLM? I have a feeling the answer to this is no for a lot of reasons but I haven't really seen this spelled out online.

What is the nature of the relationship between case and CCLM? Do the students from the two schools interact? Are the places they study even near each other?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read these questions!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I was hoping if a CCLM or Case Western student could chime in on this question I have about the nature of the relationship between CCLM and Case:

If you are in CCLM but decide you don't want to spend 5 years in med school can you just join Case Western's University program and drop out of the college program at CCLM? I have a feeling the answer to this is no for a lot of reasons but I haven't really seen this spelled out online.

What is the nature of the relationship between case and CCLM? Do the students from the two schools interact? Are the places they study even near each other?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read these questions!!!

Incoming CCLCM student - hope I can help. So I’m not entirely sure if we can switch between the two programs, but I would say it’s a very likely no. The two programs are very different pre-clinically. CCLCM is very PBL focused with a heavy research component while Case is more lecture based with not nearly as much required research. Furthermore, each program has its own admissions process, administration, etc. so in reality it would be the equivalent of transferring between different med schools which neither program allows. Finally each program has a cap on the number of students which I imagine would make the process more difficult.

In terms of our interaction, starting this year we will be taking classes in the same building (the new HEC) but the classes will be separate. The building is designed in a way that promotes studying and collaboration, so there definitely will be opportunities for the two programs to study near/with each other. However, the curriculums are so different that they’ll likely be studying different things. As far as I know, there is a fair amount of interaction between CCLCM students and Case students. We can join the same clubs and take the same rotations. Some students actively seek out students in the other program just to make more friends that are different from those they have class with everyday.

If anyone has any questions about the program, admissions, etc feel free to ask me! I feel truly grateful to be attending this school. Hopefully over the course of the year I’ll be able to give some good insights to the program.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We were using Case for the CCLCM secondaries as well, but if anyone did NOT catch it - the CCLCM research essay has a hard 500 word limit. Secondary received, submitted and market complete 7/2

We were using Case for the CCLCM secondaries as well, but if anyone did NOT catch it - the CCLCM research essay has a hard 500 word limit. Secondary received, submitted and market complete 7/2

+1

Is anyone who is also applying to Case's MSTP program not seeing the Cleveland-specific research essay? I only see the MSTP one...
My guess would be the MSTP research essay outweighs the CCLCM essay.

Curriculum is very different between programs. Interaction with the other program was minimal before the new building unless you actively sought it out. I imagine with everyone being in the same space now there will be a lot more opportunities to attend the same events and clubs as Case students

Does anyone know what the Research Essay means by "interpretation of your results with respect to future findings"? Does this just mean explain the significance of your results? The wording is throwing me off...how would I know future findings if they haven't been found yet? lol

Does anyone know what the Research Essay means by "interpretation of your results with respect to future findings"? Does this just mean explain the significance of your results? The wording is throwing me off...how would I know future findings if they haven't been found yet? lol
What did you find and how does that affect where you went or where you will go with this project.

What did you find and how does that affect where you went or where you will go with this project.

Ok that makes sense! Thanks haha it was throwing me off

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else with a case western II waiting to see if cleveland clinic will give an II too? I'm thinking I'll bite the bullet and book if I hear nothing by Friday.

Anyone else with a case western II waiting to see if cleveland clinic will give an II too? I'm thinking I'll bite the bullet and book if I hear nothing by Friday.
I am, but I ended up choosing an interview date. It looks like it may take them up to mid-august to send their II?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am, but I ended up choosing an interview date. It looks like it may take them up to mid-august to send their II?

I’m not at home (so I can’t check my spreadsheet), but I believe the first SDN Cleveland Clinic IIs came out this week (around 8/8).

I’m gonna hold off until the end of tomorrow before scheduling my interview date.

I received a II from CWRU, but in that portal, it gives you the option to apply to Cleveland Clinic Lerner. Isn't that the CCLCOM II? Or does CCLCOM send a completely separate secondary?

I received a II from CWRU, but in that portal, it gives you the option to apply to Cleveland Clinic Lerner. Isn't that the CCLCOM II? Or does CCLCOM send a completely separate secondary?
It's the same secondary portal but it has additional essays.

Are you saying a secondary or an interview? There is a programs tab in the beginning that asks whether you want to apply to CWU, CCLCOM, MD/PhD etc. You can pick only one program or all three. Based on what you choose, your essays become relevant.

Are you saying a secondary or an interview? There is a programs tab in the beginning that asks whether you want to apply to CWU, CCLCOM, MD/PhD etc. You can pick only one program or all three. Based on what you choose, your essays become relevant.
No you can select both case and CCLCM. They have the same secondary/portal, different essays, different ADCOMS and different interviews

Just secondaries. I received the notice from CWRU to access the secondary portal. I only selected CCLCOM and then received confirmation once finished that CCLCOM got my secondary

Just got that sweet sweet II.

Complete 7/16

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II :D (I'm only slightly salty that I emailed asking about my status like two weeks ago and never got a response)

But I can't find the scheduling page on iApply. All I see is my university program interview information. @mrwup do you have this problem too?

Reactions: 4 users
II :D (I'm only slightly salty that I emailed asking about my status like two weeks ago and never got a response)

But I can't find the scheduling page on iApply. All I see is my university program interview information. @mrwup do you have this problem too?

Yeah I cant find it either! Probably not uupdated yet?

I know exactly what you mean ;)
SDN causing these feelings of inadequacy even when I am successful. Not legit feelings as I fully understand the chaos of this process and recognize that the success of others has no inherent reflection on the quality of my application. Just...yah. Good job, y’all!

Just got an II! So excited. Just a question @mrwup, are you able to schedule your interview? The scheduler is not showing up on my application portal?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
SDN causing these feelings of inadequacy even when I am successful. Not legit feelings as I fully understand the chaos of this process and recognize that the success of others has no inherent reflection on the quality of my application. Just...yah. Good job, y’all!
Don't ask me how many times I have sat here and been like "look at all these people with 10+ interviews. why does my application suck so much" :'(

Just got an II! So excited. Just a question @mrwup, are you able to schedule your interview? The scheduler is not showing up on my application portal?
Not mrwup but it's not showing up for me either.

First R of the season out of the way, doesn't give me a ton of confidence for the university program. Congrats and best of luck to all those with IIs!

• Sad
Don't ask me how many times I have sat here and been like "look at all these people with 10+ interviews. why does my application suck so much" :'(

Just wanted to let y'all know that I think that about you guys ("look at these people with 4+ interviews"). You're doing great! :)

Wowwwww first R :dead: surprised because my app is suuuuper research focused! oh well. good luck to all with II's today!

• Sad
At least you guys have interviews... I've been sitting and waiting in limbo for the past month ._.

At least you guys have interviews... I've been sitting and waiting in limbo for the past month ._.

Your time will come! Schools have just started sending them out and peak season doesn't hit until Sept anyways!

• Love
ii this morning. Definitely one of the top programs I was hoping to get an ii!

• Love
Anybody able to schedule interviews yet?

I was rejected just now. LM 67 with strong research

• Sad