2019-2020 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on the same day as an accepted person (September - early October) heard anything apart from an acceptance? If not, maybe someone can correct me in saying it wasn't made clear that Regan's feedback timeframe only applies to the fortunate ones...

I interviewed 10/4 and was placed on their wait list 11/1 (notified by email)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 10/7, waitlisted on 11/1 by email. Anyone know if they're receptive to LOI's?

Interviewed 10/7, waitlisted on 11/1 by email. Anyone know if they're receptive to LOI's?

From their website:
"We do not accept letters of interest, additional letters of recommendation, letters of reference, etc., as these will not influence an applicant's place on the alternate list."

I think all we can do is wait, good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Best of luck, I hope you get in! Your earlier interview should have you higher up on the wait list.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed on the same day as an accepted person (September - early October) heard anything apart from an acceptance? If not, maybe someone can correct me in saying it wasn't made clear that Regan's feedback timeframe only applies to the fortunate ones...

The office gave me the impression that at least some of the people who interviewed some time ago are still being sorted.

Is there any way to express pre-II interest here? I’m OOS and LM 84 so I’m afraid they’ll think I’m using this school as a safety, when I actually would love to go here.
I sent an email to the office of admissions just expressing general/continued interest in the school and like one thing that I really enjoy about the school. You can also try to send an additional LOR or have someone call the school on your behalf.

I sent an email to the office of admissions just expressing general/continued interest in the school and like one thing that I really enjoy about the school. You can also try to send an additional LOR or have someone call the school on your behalf.
Did they accept the letter you sent over? I'd love to send one too but the UConn SoM website says:

"I want to supplement my AMCAS application. Can I send additional information (grades, current shadowing, research experience, etc.) to you to be included with my original application?
No. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to update your file. However, should you be selected for an interview, please bring the updated information with you on that day."

Did they accept the letter you sent over? I'd love to send one too but the UConn SoM website says:

"I want to supplement my AMCAS application. Can I send additional information (grades, current shadowing, research experience, etc.) to you to be included with my original application?
No. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to update your file. However, should you be selected for an interview, please bring the updated information with you on that day."
I haven’t sent the letter yet. I think that quote is referring to a sample “update letter” which can influence all of those things. I would reach out and ask if a LOR falls under that category.

Haven't received acceptance packet in the mail yet but checking every day and will update when I receive :) Have you gotten yours?
Nope! But I’m actually not sure where I even provided them with an address to send it to. Was that apart of our primary or secondary?

Mood as an IS+UConn Storrs alum applicant
3gadcn.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today! Submitted 9/8, interviewed 10/18. IS.

It's my first acceptance, super excited!! Happy to answer any questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
II today! Complete 8/15

Edited

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! OOS. Submitted 7/29 but I don't remember getting a complete email

Reactions: 4 users
Do they send out rejections pre-interview? Does anyone know?

Really starting to worry... did anyone receive II this week?

Really starting to worry... did anyone receive II this week?
I was told by a current med student here that UConn does things in rounds. Currently, they have only completed one round. They will not be starting the next round until January so I wouldn't worry too much!

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Are there any current students here who might be able to answer some questions?

Is it true that if you don’t hear anything in three months it’s a silent rejection?

Is it true that if you don’t hear anything in three months it’s a silent rejection?
Here's hoping not!! I'm really hoping for a shot at my own state school.

Reactions: 2 users
This is definitely not true. One of my friends didn't interview until March after being complete in July. However, UConn doesn't really do pre-II rejections. Last year I didn't get rejected until April after months of silence

just got a post-interview R! good luck everyone! interviewed 11/4

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
It’s sad season out here at UCONN. My actual dream school.

I have an interest in UConn, however, I am a high stats OOS applicant, so I fear they think I won't actually attend, when in reality it is one of my top choices. Is UConn receptive to letters of interest?

Last edited:
I really have an interest in UConn, however I am a high stats OOS applicant (LM84) so I fear that they think I'm using them as a safety and that there is no way I'd actually attend, when in reality it is one of my top choices. Is UConn receptive to letters of interest/ would it even help in my situation?
They aren’t they don’t accept pre-II updates unfortunately.

• Sad
Thanks for the reply, RIP me attending Uconn I guess
Yeah I sent them a continued interest email and I did a yolo and sent them an additional LOR. I think the most you can do is just express your continued interest in their school through email.

Do they accept pre-interview updates?

Hey guys, joined kind of late. But I received an acceptance from UConn on 12/5 after I interviewed on 11/4. I'm OOS with a LM 72.

Reactions: 1 users