2019-2020 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This thread has been pretty quiet. Are they done issuing interviews at UCONN?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread has been pretty quiet. Are they done issuing interviews at UCONN?
Gosh I sure hope not. Given that practically every university is going on holiday recess this week (or even last week), I wonder if we'll have to wait for January before new interview invitations are sent out.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what uconn looks for in oos applicants?

What FAFSA code are people using for this school? There are two, and I am finding conflicting information on the website. TIA!!!:)

What FAFSA code are people using for this school? There are two, and I am finding conflicting information on the website. TIA!!!:)
I don't know the specific code, but when I searched for 'University of Connecticut' directly on the FAFSA search in the form there was a specific option that popped up that had UCONN school of medicine in the name!

I don't know the specific code, but when I searched for 'University of Connecticut' directly on the FAFSA search in the form there was a specific option that popped up that had UCONN school of medicine in the name!
Thank you so much !!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today, interviewed 12/9!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Accepted last Friday!! Interviewed 12/6

Reactions: 6 users
SUPER late to this thread but I am an IS applicant, LM 71, and very interested in UConn but never got a complete email (submitted on 8/5). I sort of just want to send an update because I feel like it couldnt hurt my chances at this point... has anyone successfully sent one here?

SUPER late to this thread but I am an IS applicant, LM 71, and very interested in UConn but never got a complete email (submitted on 8/5). I sort of just want to send an update because I feel like it couldnt hurt my chances at this point... has anyone successfully sent one here?
Unfortunately, they do not accept pre-II updates.

Reactions: 1 users
I love you OOS'ers but so far this has been my mood so far following this thread lol
83053317_611813866298517_8994601651805356032_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
hello fellow applicants-- this ones kinda quiet but do yall know if it's too late to get an invite yet? Does anyone possibly know when the last interview date is? Good luck and hang in there!!

Is there any way to check my status? Complete silence since august

Accepted today!! Submitted 8/29 and interviewed 1/10

So a few people I know who got accepted to UConn didn't know this, so figured I'd put this info here even if the majority of you know it.
  • The priority deadline for applying for financial aid is 2/15. Here is a checklist of things that need to be done by then for priority consideration for institutional financial aid
  • Especially important: you need to send in the 2018 W2 and signed tax returns for yourself and your parents, by fax or by mail. They will not accept these documents by email, and they need them by the 2/15 deadline
  • Here is a page including all other forms that need to be submitted. They require signatures from yourself, your parents, or both.
Again, sorry if you already know this. UConn never sent an email saying anything other than "apply for FAFSA" and on interview day this stuff tends to be a blur. I am far from an expert but if you give them a call they are very nice and will answer any questions you have.

Reactions: 2 users
So a few people I know who got accepted to UConn didn't know this, so figured I'd put this info here even if the majority of you know it.
  • The priority deadline for applying for financial aid is 2/15. Here is a checklist of things that need to be done by then for priority consideration for institutional financial aid
  • Especially important: you need to send in the 2018 W2 and signed tax returns for yourself and your parents, by fax or by mail. They will not accept these documents by email, and they need them by the 2/15 deadline
  • Here is a page including all other forms that need to be submitted. They require signatures from yourself, your parents, or both.
Again, sorry if you already know this. UConn never sent an email saying anything other than "apply for FAFSA" and on interview day this stuff tends to be a blur. I am far from an expert but if you give them a call they are very nice and will answer any questions you have.
Thank you so much for posting this. I literally wouldn't have ever found out about this

I attempted to fill out the financial aid form and it says I need a net ID to access it. I assume we cannot complete our institutional aid application until after we've been accepted then correct?

• Wow
forgot to mention but got an interview offer here a while ago. had to reschedule it to the end of the cycle bc not in the US. seems like interviews will be wrapping up by 3/24.

good luck to everyone!

anyone know when we might expect to see movement on UConn's waitlist?

anyone know when we might expect to see movement on UConn's waitlist?
Last year it started the middle of May i believe. But they can keep you on the alternate list until late August right before school starts.

Are interview invites still happening?

Sad to say i'm on the alternate list felt really good about my interview. I'm sure theres a chance still but I don't know much about the alternate list. Does anyone know if there is also a wait list? Do they accept updates? consensus is movement is generally around may? Thanks for any help

Interviewed January 31st and got accepted on February 14th. Also, I am from out of state.

Giving up on hopes of IS interview invite, cycle really is unpredictable~

Edit: Y'KNOW EVEN IF I SEE THEIR RECRUITERS CHECKING OUT MY LINKEDIN, IT'S FINE REALLY, I'M NOT SAD

Last edited:
Has anyone emailed admissions a question and not received a response? Not sure if they’re more responsive over phone.

Has anyone emailed admissions a question and not received a response? Not sure if they’re more responsive over phone.
They're receptive to phone calls. Haven't heard a thing from them either. Completed the 2° around the same time as you. I know they interview through March but sheesh...

P.S. Your profile pic gives me LIFE everytime I see it

• Haha
They're receptive to phone calls. Haven't heard a thing from them either. Completed the 2° around the same time as you. I know they interview through March but sheesh...

P.S. Your profile pic gives me LIFE everytime I see it
Haha thank you I’ll call them tomorrow! And haha yes that was my face everytime I got a rejection so I just put it as my profile pic bc it’s an accurate representation of the med school process/cycle

• Haha
Any II recently? Feel like this thread has been quiet... too quiet..

Reactions: 4 users
Question to accepted students about enrollment deposits. After you paid the deposit does it list your Student Account Balance at -100.00?

I don't really understand what that means

Question to accepted students about enrollment deposits. After you paid the deposit does it list your Student Account Balance at -100.00?

I don't really understand what that means

It's a deposit, so your tuition is credited by the amount of the deposit.

I’m guessing invites are no longer being sent out?

I have a similar LM score, 66.7 but radio silence. IS UConn alum too, so I'm very worried at this stage, especially with COVID-19 throwing everything off.

Same boat, If I had to guess I would say the ship has sailed for UConn II’s

Interviewed in February and got waitlisted. Hope we hear back about waitlist movement soon!

im still waiting to hear back about my aid - the FA office has actually been extremely difficult to deal with and outright rude at points. I'm planning on sending a letter to the dean if I don't matriculate here (which feels like I'll never know because they wont give the package!!)

• Wow