Nov 17, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Super excited to be attending here after pre-matching this most recent application cycle, happy to answer any questions y'all may have regarding the application process!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucca and Pmvj13
Jun 27, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Super excited to be attending here after pre-matching this most recent application cycle, happy to answer any questions y'all may have regarding the application process!
Dell is literally the perfect medical school for me. I love the case study curriculum(most of my degree program was case studies) and I love the Masters of Healthcare Transformation degree(my research has been in business innovations in primary healthcare, which is also a research focus of the school). Is there anything I can do as a low stat, good EC, out of state resident with strong ties, to show how bad I want to attend?

Jan 5, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Dell is literally the perfect medical school for me. I love the case study curriculum(most of my degree program was case studies) and I love the Masters of Healthcare Transformation degree(my research has been in business innovations in primary healthcare, which is also a research focus of the school). Is there anything I can do as a low stat, good EC, out of state resident with strong ties, to show how bad I want to attend?
They screen hard for secondaries. They give secondaries to roughly 20% of applicants. The secondary is a video response so you could spin your passion into one of your answers.

Nov 17, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
While it does seem Dell’s stats have been trending upwards the last three years, the school definitely places a focus on intangibles and the applicant’s individual mission - more so than most other schools in my own opinion (hence the video secondary). It’s important that you can coherently explain how your own experiences, goals, and personal aspirations align with the vision of Dell Medical School and what they’re trying to accomplish as an institution. Stats merely get your foot in the door - how you make a case for yourself in the primary and secondary applications, and eventually the interview, end up being the deciding factor. Do keep in mind, however, that Dell only offers secondaries to about 20% of all applicants and invites 6% to interviews. If Dell does not end up panning out, don’t be discouraged - there are plenty of amazing institutions around Texas and the rest of the country that I’m sure would benefit from your past experiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucca and Pmvj13