2019-2020 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also wonder if they'll be interviewing anymore? They said they would be postponed for the foreseeable future.
Just got scheduled for a zoom interview for April. They had just resumed. You should get an email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard when the remaining committee meetings might be?

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious about this myself. Hoping for Thursday since acceptances have to be narrowed down to no more than 3 tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
I considered writing an email inquiring how they would proceed. I felt like it wouldn’t be out of line, considering they are so transparent about admissions. I may still do it. I’m undecided. If I do, I’ll let the forum know what they say.

Reactions: 3 users
I had an interview scheduled on 4/13 before they got postponed. Has anyone that was scheduled around that date been rescheduled for online yet?

Just for an example, my interview was scheduled for the first week that got postponed. I have my rescheduled online interview this week (so 1 month delay). I am not sure if they are able to do more interviews per week than usual?

Last edited:
So going off of last year, it looks like they still have quite a few acceptances to offer. They’ve also lost 2 people since last time, going from 79 to 77 currently accepted.

They are currently over-enrolled though so a lot of people would have to give up their acceptances to reach last year’s number of offered acceptances.

They are currently over-enrolled though so a lot of people would have to give up their acceptances to reach last year’s number of offered acceptances.
True but looking back at previous years threads, they were in a similar spot until after the multiple acceptances drop date of April 30th. I think we’ll see more movement after this date.

True but looking back at previous years threads, they were in a similar spot until after the multiple acceptances drop date of April 30th. I think we’ll see more movement after this date.

Ah, I wasn’t following the threads last year. That’s good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
what is the overall trend when you look at last year? yes I'm being to lazy too go gather all the info lol

what is the overall trend when you look at last year? yes I'm being to lazy too go gather all the info lol
From what I could tell, they offered 82 spots and 72 had accepted by April 15th of last year. A lot of people reported being pulled off hold around May 1st-8th. When everything was said and done last year, they had offered 151 spots.

Reactions: 1 users
From what I could tell, they offered 82 spots and 72 had accepted by April 15th of last year. A lot of people reported being pulled off hold around May 1st-8th. When everything was said and done last year, they had offered 151 spots.
Thanks, that seems reasonable. How late do they usually interview? Are the Zoom interviews being conducted later than the last of the interviews last year?

Thanks, that seems reasonable. How late do they usually interview? Are the Zoom interviews being conducted later than the last of the interviews last year?

They are filled up till the end of April. If you don't have an interview yet its pretty grim.

They are filled up till the end of April. If you don't have an interview yet its pretty grim.
Oh, yeah I know. I interviewed in feb. I was asking for the purpose of when they will “meet” to discuss the waitlist.

Oh, yeah I know. I interviewed in feb. I was asking for the purpose of when they will “meet” to discuss the waitlist.
After my interview (first week april) they said they would try to give me a response by the end of the month and move all waitlist by the first 2 weeks of may

Reactions: 4 users
After my interview (first week april) they said they would try to give me a response by the end of the month and move all waitlist by the first 2 weeks of may
thanks. I’m surprised that all of the waitlist movement would be done that quickly

thanks. I’m surprised that all of the waitlist movement would be done that quickly
People can only hold one acceptance after April 30th so the vast majority of waitlist movement is complete within the first few weeks of May at almost every US MD school. Of course there are the handful of people who get the call 3 days before orientation but they are rare.

People can only hold one acceptance after April 30th so the vast majority of waitlist movement is complete within the first few weeks of May at almost every US MD school. Of course there are the handful of people who get the call 3 days before orientation but they are rare.

I see. I had my dates messed up. I thought you can only hold 1 after May 15th. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Withdrew my A, this one was tough... wish y'all the best!

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone who interviewed via Zoom heard back on a decision yet?

I haven't and I interviewed exactly 2 weeks ago

Thanks! I interviewed the same week as you. I'm on pins and needles. My interview invite was received over Christmas break for March, then pushed a month because of COVID, so this has been a long time waiting haha.

Thanks! I interviewed the same week as you. I'm on pins and needles. My interview invite was received over Christmas break for March, then pushed a month because of COVID, so this has been a long time waiting haha.
Only a week max left of waiting!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call today!!! I will definitely be attending Quillen so I can’t wait to meet you guys!!

Reactions: 8 users
Any zoom interviewers get a call yet?

I just got an email saying I'm on hold. Hoping that the committee will make decisions of where to go from here quickly - I'm surprised that "hold" was even an option since it's the 29th!

I just got an email saying I'm on hold. Hoping that the committee will make decisions of where to go from here quickly - I'm surprised that "hold" was even an option since it's the 29th!

Literally just got the email that I am on hold as well. Confusing as well since they are supposed to make decisions tomorrow right?

Literally just got the email that I am on hold as well. Confusing as well since they are supposed to make decisions tomorrow right?
Most people get put on hold right after their interview, so don’t be bummed about it. Candidates are supposed to narrow down to 1 school tomorrow, 4/30. I’m not sure how long the schools have to hand out acceptances but most waitlist movement happens 5/1-5/15 at etsu(previously at least) and many other schools.

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed on zoom. Haven't heard anything yet.. I guess still a little early for them to make a decision.

Anyone know about housing? I forgot to ask during my interview but it seems like they have housing on the campus map?

Accepted today!! Counting my blessings and thanking my lucky stars!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted today!! Counting my blessings and thanking my lucky stars!
Congratulations! When did you interview? Was it on zoom? I still haven't heard anything yet.

Congratulations! When did you interview? Was it on zoom? I still haven't heard anything yet.

I interviewed on Zoom 2 weeks ago. Keep the faith - my guess is the bulk of their decisions for people on hold are going to tumble out in the next couple of business days!

I've been so on edge the last few days hoping to hear something. wishing everyone the best of luck the next couple of weeks!!

Reactions: 5 users