2019-2020 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To all the students on hold, ETSU just sent me an email saying that there is finally turnaround and that all students are required to update CYMS by 15 days till class start by the latest
Could you elaborate on what this means for students on hold. I don’t understand

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UTHSC finally started to have some hold movement today. So hopefully we’ll start to see some more movement here also.

Reactions: 2 users
This is what the email stated "
There is some turnover happening with those we have offered acceptance to and I expect more to come in the next little bit. I remind each of you that the CYMS tool remains available in AMCAS and I encourage you to use the tool as quickly as possible. Quillen will require all accepted applicants to declare their intention to enroll here (Commit to Enroll—CTE) AND withdraw all other applications 21 days prior to enrollment. Of course, if you have made your mind up that Quillen is the place for you, you may feel free to select and declare CTE at any time prior to that date. As of today, a significant number of you have already done that, and please know we appreciate you! It is very helpful to know those we can count on being here. Please select and declare a CYMS choice as soon as possible. It is good for the schools and the applicants we are attempting to serve. "

I also got off hold and accepted from UTHSC so my seat should be available to one of you guys as well. Good luck everyone!

There is some turnover happening with those we have offered acceptance to and I expect more to come in the next little bit. I remind each of you that the CYMS tool remains available in AMCAS and I encourage you to use the tool as quickly as possible. Quillen will require all accepted applicants to declare their intention to enroll here (Commit to Enroll—CTE) AND withdraw all other applications 21 days prior to enrollment. Of course, if you have made your mind up that Quillen is the place for you, you may feel free to select and declare CTE at any time prior to that date. As of today, a significant number of you have already done that, and please know we appreciate you! It is very helpful to know those we can count on being here. Please select and declare a CYMS choice as soon as possible. It is good for the schools and the applicants we are attempting to serve. "

I also got off hold and accepted from UTHSC so my seat should be available to one of you guys as well. Good luck everyone!
thank you and congrats dude!

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats and good luck in the future

Just withdrew my spot on the hold list. Good luck everyone! I hope people start getting calls soon!

Has anyone heard anything lately? After Dean Taylor’s last update email, I figured that we’d see more people being pulled off hold last week — either for a rejection or acceptance. Instead, it’s been silent since.

It has been awfully quite over here... I'm guessing nobody has heard from ETSU since that email? Statistics haven't been updated either as of this moment.

It has been awfully quite over here... I'm guessing nobody has heard from ETSU since that email? Statistics haven't been updated either as of this moment.
Yeah it’s been really quite. I know for a fact they met yesterday though because I have a few friends who were put on hold yesterday. I kinda figured they’d also shorten the hold list some yesterday too but it doesn’t seem that way — unless they have went back to sending rejections via snail mail. Hopefully that was their last meeting for people that interviewed via zoom and we’ll start to see some more hold movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will the admission committee tell you your waitlist position if asked?

I feel like I’ve seen in past threads that they don’t, but this year has definitely been different so it's always worth trying I suppose.

I just sent them an email asking about my relative waitlist position. I have no idea if they’ll let me know what it is, but reapplication opens in a week and I need to get on it because I applied sooooo late last cycle.

I just sent them an email asking about my relative waitlist position. I have no idea if they’ll let me know what it is, but reapplication opens in a week and I need to get on it because I applied sooooo late last cycle.
Let us know if you get a response! I also need to start on the next cycle next week so I was really hoping to hear something this week.

I also asked. I had another question to ask so I included it in the email.

Reactions: 1 users
Let us know if you get a response! I also need to start on the next cycle next week so I was really hoping to hear something this week.
I received a reply stating they do not release waitlist position at any point in the cycle.

• Sad
I received a reply stating they do not release waitlist position at any point in the cycle.
Thanks for the update! It really stinks that they can’t even give us a relative position though. It would really help in figuring out what to do in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the update! It really stinks that they can’t even give us a relative position though. It would really help in figuring out what to do in the coming weeks.

i agree

I never got a response but it would be the same thing, that's a bummer.

I hate the fact that they’ve just been silent this whole time :arghh:

I've only been on hold since early march, I can only imagine how you feel.

It seems they’ve been meeting on Wednesday the last few weeks so maybe some of us will hear some news today.

Everyone keeps mentioning an alternate list, do we even know for sure that they have created an alternate list? As far as I know, I am still considered on hold...

Everyone keeps mentioning an alternate list, do we even know for sure that they have created an alternate list? As far as I know, I am still considered on hold...
As far as I know, the hold list is kind of the same thing as an unranked alternate list at Quillen once the class has been filled.

For those who have gotten accepted and are fulfilling the requirements on myRecordTracker, what do you do if you have not gotten a flu shot in the past year?

For those who have gotten accepted and are fulfilling the requirements on myRecordTracker, what do you do if you have not gotten a flu shot in the past year?
They are probably going to make you get the shot or sign a waiver if you refuse.

Any news? Still on hold...
+5
It's June now, and it seems as though nobody has heard anything in 3+ weeks. I would hope that they would start communicating in the near future since classes start in about 6 weeks. The deadline for admitted students to Commit To Enroll is June 22nd, so are we anticipating that all acceptances will be offered by that date? Has anybody has heard anything about anyone getting accepted/rejected here recently? I'd just like to see that there's some movement happening and that decisions are continuing to be made

In the same boat. I haven’t heard anything either. Not knowing is the worst part. But on the bright side, the most they can possibly make us wait is 44 more days!

Same. It’s been really quite lately. No one has reported an acceptance since around May 1st I believe. Though I don’t think that means there hasn’t been movement, I just feel like there has been very little reported on SDN. I did have a friend though that interviewed in the last spots in May and she was told that they expected a little more movement in June but nothing is guaranteed. I have started on a new app though, has anyone had any luck getting an app review from here?

Same. It’s been really quite lately. No one has reported an acceptance since around May 1st I believe. Though I don’t think that means there hasn’t been movement, I just feel like there has been very little reported on SDN. I did have a friend though that interviewed in the last spots in May and she was told that they expected a little more movement in June but nothing is guaranteed. I have started on a new app though, has anyone had any luck getting an app review from here?

Agreed, I don't think very many applicants interested in ETSU frequent SDN. My gut tells me this cycle isn't over, but its getting so late. I'd rather attend here, so I'll wait it out. Whats another 40 days at this point.

Agreed, I don't think very many applicants interested in ETSU frequent SDN. My gut tells me this cycle isn't over, but its getting so late. I'd rather attend here, so I'll wait it out. Whats another 40 days at this point.
They have been meeting on Wednesday’s recently so maybe some of us will hear something this evening, even if it is a rejection. I’d just would like a definite answer as it’s been hard to put my all into my reapp when there’s still hope.

They have been meeting on Wednesday’s recently so maybe some of us will hear something this evening, even if it is a rejection. I’d just would like a definite answer as it’s been hard to put my all into my reapp when there’s still hope.
I’d say put everything into your reapp. Safest bet.

Update statistics
Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 8.01.53 AM.png

I'm a little surprised they let the average MCAT score slip so much when they interviewed 55 more people than they did last year

They said they were trying to do stats-blind admissions post interviews so that might explain the low average MCAT?

They said they were trying to do stats-blind admissions post interviews so that might explain the low average MCAT?
Also it's only two points. This without much waitlist movement.