2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

interview sign up portal is still down for me. 500 error

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe the portal is working now. I was able to select one of the dates after i completed the update form. I have yet to receive a confirmation so I am unsure if it went through

Is it not working again?! I'm having trouble signing up for a date now too.

II turned down, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview on 11/5 looking forward to it any advice or information that helps to prepare for it or what to expect?

Would anyone who interviewed here be able to speak about the rotation sites and research opportunities?

Anybody know the stats cutoff for secondaries or interviews?

Wierd, i got II but it never arrived in my mail box, i checked the portal just now and found out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if someone could give me some guidance as to the dilemma I am in. I have an interview scheduled for this school, VCOM-Louisiana. Considering I have already been accepted at ATSU-KCOM and ACOM, would it still be wise to go to this interview? The reason why I am asking is more due to financial strain since I have already been to 5 interviews.

I know any responses will be opinionated, however, I just want to know what you all think.

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers :)

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if someone could give me some guidance as to the dilemma I am in. I have an interview scheduled for this school, VCOM-Louisiana. Considering I have already been accepted at ATSU-KCOM and ACOM, would it still be wise to go to this interview? The reason why I am asking is more due to financial strain since I have already been to 5 interviews.

I know any responses will be opinionated, however, I just want to know what you all think.

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers :)
It really depends on you. What is your top school from the interviews you have been at that you feel you wanna attend? Atsu-kcom or ACOM? Are they close to your home? Tuition? I have heard good things about ACOM but it is really your decision to make. If you feel like VCOM is at the bottom of your ranking list and even getting accepted there you would not go there, then dont go and save money.

to those who already got their acceptance calls, how long till you get an email or any other information from them?

Interview invite received 11/5. I agreed to interview 11/12. Anybody else interviewing the same day? Any word on what kind of interview format? I prefer 1 on 1 but panel is fine too.

I think they are supposed to start reviewing applications of those interviewed this month tomorrow. They also said the dean will not be back till Monday and he will be the one calling those accepted. (Not sure if the calls will be Monday or shortly afterwards). Best wishes to everyone!

Accepted!!!! Got the call today! This school is going to be excellent. I was very impressed with the staff and their vision for this campus!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!!! Got the call today! This school is going to be excellent. I was very impressed with the staff and their vision for this campus!
Same and congrats! I really think this is going to be a great school!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! are you guys determined to go or still waiting to hear back from other schools?

Anyone here got accepted and need a letter from a DO? Is it 30 days after getting the phone call or after sending a signed letter with the deposit for the deadline?

I got the call yesterday and got accepted. Interviewed 11/12.

Congrats! are you guys determined to go or still waiting to hear back from other schools?
This school, for me, is close to home and has a program that I am super interested in. I am definitely attending.

Anyone here got accepted and need a letter from a DO? Is it 30 days after getting the phone call or after sending a signed letter with the deposit for the deadline?

If you find out the answer to this, please post! :)

got the A today this morning!!! interviewed 11/19 :D

Any recent II lately or are they waiting until after the holidays?

I interviewed on 12/5 and I have not heard anything back yet. Has anyone else who interviewed in December heard something back???

I interviewed on 12/5 and I have not heard anything back yet. Has anyone else who interviewed in December heard something back???

Same here, haven’t heard anything since the interview that week.

Has anyone received anything in the mail yet after getting an acceptance? (Interviewed in December)

Anyone know anything about rooming or finding a place to live? Is there a FB group for the accepted class or something?

Hey sorry late to this and just got an interview invite to this school. What do you mean need a letter from a DO?

Hey sorry late to this and just got an interview invite to this school. What do you mean need a letter from a DO?
Hey after interview and if you get admitted you are required to submit a letter of recommendation from a DO physician

Anyone know anything about rooming or finding a place to live? Is there a FB group for the accepted class or something?
During the interview they mentioned having a new apartment complex being close to school I think one or two being built and that there might be dorms for ULM but not sure. I am looking into that as well please keep me updated :)

Anyone know when are they going to host accepted student day and if attendance mandatory?

Anyone know when are they going to host accepted student day and if attendance mandatory?

No set date yet, but they are thinking April. Attendance will not be mandatory on accepted students day.

Hey I interview this Tuesday. Could anybody please give me an idea of how the interview typically is? Also have they mentioned in past interviews how large they expect the class to be this fall?

Hey I interview this Tuesday. Could anybody please give me an idea of how the interview typically is? Also have they mentioned in past interviews how large they expect the class to be this fall?
I think they accept a large percentage of those they choose to interview. If you just act yourself (normal I presume) then you should be fine. They only have about 6-9 per interview day so it's really chill and they screen quite a bit prior to interviewing so if they are interviewing you the chances are they are likely going to accept you unless you completely bomb the interview. The staff is very welcoming and kind. You have 3 sets of 20 min interviews with different people (clinical, research, and admin). I think they expect the fall class to be about 150 ish.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone created a FB/Whatsapp/GroupMe group for the accepted students? If not, should we? :)

EDIT: Accepted students use this link VCOM-LA Inaugural Class to be added to the GC

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed this week hear anything back yet?

Any accepted students PM me so I can add you to the group chat!!

Last edited: